Libressl question

Edgar Pettijohn III-2
Has there been any discussion of packaging libtls separately from libressl for portable use? With my limited skills I was able to write a program to talk to smtpd and starttls using nothing but the manuals. I seriously doubt I could have done so with the gnu tls library. This really shows how well it is written as far as the code involved, but also the quality of the manuals. I only had one hickup and if I can think of a way to word it better I'll send a patch for that manual.

Thanks,

Edgar