* Made ENGINE_finish and ENGINE_free succeed on NULL and simplify callers
and matching OpenSSL behavior, rewrote ENGINE_* documentation.
* Added const annotations to many existing APIs from OpenSSL, making
interoperability easier for downstream applications.
* Fixed small timing side-channels in ecdsa_sign_setup and
* Documented security pitfalls with BN_FLG_CONSTTIME and constant-time
operation of BN_* functions.
* Updated BN_clear to use explicit_bzero.
* Added a missing bounds check in c2i_ASN1_BIT_STRING.
* More CBS conversions, including simplifications to RSA key exchange,
and converted code to use dedicated buffers for secrets.
* Removed three remaining single DES cipher suites.
* Fixed a potential leak/incorrect return value in DSA signature
* Added a blinding value when generating DSA and ECDSA signatures, in
order to reduce the possibility of a side-channel attack leaking the
* Added ECC constant time scalar multiplication support.
From Billy Brumley and his team at Tampere University of Technology.
* Revised the implementation of RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 to match the
specification in RFC 8017. Based on an OpenSSL commit by David
* Cleaned up BN_* implementations following changes made in OpenSSL by
Davide Galassi and others.
The LibreSSL project continues improvement of the codebase to reflect modern,
safe programming practices. We welcome feedback and improvements from the
broader community. Thanks to all of the contributors who helped make this