We have released LibreSSL 2.2.5 and 2.1.9, which will be arriving in the
LibreSSL directory of your local OpenBSD mirror soon.
This release is based on the stable OpenBSD 5.8 and 5.7 branches, which
include two fixes from the Dec 3, 2015 OpenSSL release:
- CVE-2015-3194 - NULL pointer dereference in client side certificate
- CVE-2015-3195 - Memory leak in PKCS7 - not reachable from TLS/SSL.
* The following OpenSSL CVEs did not apply to LibreSSL
- CVE-2015-3193 - Carry propagating bug in the x86_64 Montgomery
- CVE-2015-3196 - Double free race condition of the identify hint data.
We will release an update to the development 2.3.x branch later in a
The LibreSSL project continues improvement of the codebase to reflect modern,
safe programming practices. We welcome feedback and improvements from the
broader community. Thanks to all of the contributors who helped make this