Last power state after a power failure

Rodolfo Gouveia
Hi all!
I have a few Alphastations 500 running OpenBSD.

I would like to know if it's possible that after a
power failure, a machine could power itself up again.
Is this a setting on the SRM Console?

--rodolfo

Re: Last power state after a power failure

Igor Sobrado-6

what is the value of the auto_action parameter?

auto_action             RESTART

Re: Last power state after a power failure

Igor Sobrado-6
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Rodolfo Gouveia <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 06:31:33PM +0100, Igor Sobrado wrote:
>>
>> what is the value of the auto_action parameter?

> auto_action             RESTART

I had been looking for information about an unattended power-up
feature on your AlphaStations.  It seems that old systems do not
power-up and boot when power is restored after a power outage.  This
feature exists on recent alpha systems, but I know that this answer is
not what you are looking for.  You may try looking into RMC instead,
but it probably do not meet your requirements either (you may be able
to remotely power-on your workstations, but it will not be an
unattended boot either).  Perhaps someone here will suggest a better
approach.