Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

acampbell
This is on a Thinkpad Z61m running amd64. Suspend on lid closure has
worked without problems for many months with numerous snapshots. After
upgrading on 30 April the machine no longer wakes on lid opening. The
sleep symbol below the screen blinks repeatedly but nothing else
happens.

If I suspend it with Fn+F4 the same thing happens; it is impossible to
wake the machine.

Another Thinkpad running i386 is not affected.


My dmesg:



OpenBSD 5.9-current (GENERIC.MP) #2001: Sat Apr 30 17:20:25 MDT 2016
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 3203203072 (3054MB)
avail mem = 3101589504 (2957MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xe0010 (68 entries)
bios0: vendor LENOVO version "7FET91WW (2.09 )" date 11/01/2006
bios0: LENOVO 9450HAG
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SSDT ECDT TCPA APIC MCFG HPET SLIC BOOT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT
acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S3) SLPB(S3) UART(S3) EXP0(S4) EXP1(S4) EXP2(S4) EXP3(S4) PCI1(S4) USB0(S3) USB1(S3) USB3(S3) USB7(S3) HDEF(S4)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpiec0 at acpi0
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 1995.32 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,SENSOR
cpu0: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 166MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.2.2.2, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 1995.00 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,SENSOR
cpu1: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 1 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 2, remapped to apid 1
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf0000000, bus 0-63
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (AGP_)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP0)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP1)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 4 (EXP2)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 12 (EXP3)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 21 (PCI1)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: !C3(250@17 mwait.3@0x20), !C2(500@1 mwait.1@0x10), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: !C3(250@17 mwait.3@0x20), !C2(500@1 mwait.1@0x10), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for USB0, USB7
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 127 degC
acpitz1 at acpi0: critical temperature is 99 degC
acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
"PNP0303" at acpi0 not configured
"IBM0057" at acpi0 not configured
"IBM0071" at acpi0 not configured
"ATM1200" at acpi0 not configured
acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "92P1127" serial 14319 type LION oem "SANYO"
acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
acpithinkpad0 at acpi0
acpidock0 at acpi0: GDCK not docked (0)
acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: LCD0
acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
acpivout at acpivideo1 not configured
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 1995 MHz: speeds: 2000, 1667, 1333, 1000 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82945GM Host" rev 0x03
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel 82945GM PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
radeondrm0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Radeon Mobility X1400" rev 0x00
drm0 at radeondrm0
radeondrm0: apic 1 int 16
azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801GB HD Audio" rev 0x02: msi
azalia0: codecs: Analog Devices AD1981HD, Conexant/0x2bfa, using Analog Devices AD1981HD
audio0 at azalia0
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
bge0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5752M" rev 0x02, BCM5752 A2 (0x6002): msi, address 00:16:36:ca:5d:9c
brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5752 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
wpi0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG" rev 0x02: msi, MoW2, address 00:19:d2:0b:08:78
ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 2 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
ppb4 at pci0 dev 28 function 3 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci5 at ppb4 bus 12
uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 16
uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 17
uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 18
uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 3 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 19
ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 19
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb5 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xe2
pci6 at ppb5 bus 21
cbb0 at pci6 dev 0 function 0 "TI PCIXX12 CardBus" rev 0x00: apic 1 int 16
"TI PCIXX12 FireWire" rev 0x00 at pci6 dev 0 function 1 not configured
"TI PCIXX12 Multimedia Card Reader" rev 0x00 at pci6 dev 0 function 2 not configured
sdhc0 at pci6 dev 0 function 3 "TI PCIXX12 SD" rev 0x00: apic 1 int 16
sdmmc0 at sdhc0
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 22 device 0 cacheline 0x8, lattimer 0xb0
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801GBM LPC" rev 0x02
pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801GB IDE" rev 0x02: DMA, channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to compatibility
atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0
scsibus1 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <HL-DT-ST, DVDRAM GMA-4082N, CX08> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
cd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801GBM AHCI" rev 0x02: msi, AHCI 1.1
ahci0: port 0: 1.5Gb/s
scsibus2 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, TOSHIBA MK1234GS, AH00> SCSI3 0/direct fixed t10.ATA_TOSHIBA_MK1234GSX_17I7T1NFT
sd0: 114473MB, 512 bytes/sector, 234441648 sectors
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801GB SMBus" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 23
iic0 at ichiic0
usb1 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb2 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb4 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub4 at usb4 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
aps0 at isa0 port 0x1600/31
uhub5 at uhub0 port 1 "Terminus Technology USB 2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/1.11 addr 2
uhub6 at uhub0 port 5 "Standard Microsystems product 0x2502" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 3
ugen0 at uhub6 port 2 "Microdia / Sonix Technology Co., Ltd. USB20 Camera" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 4
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Dell Dell USB Mouse" rev 1.10/29.10 addr 2
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
ugen1 at uhub3 port 2 "STMicroelectronics Biometric Coprocessor" rev 1.00/0.01 addr 2
vscsi0 at root
scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (4f429020a838b902.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
WARNING: / was not properly unmounted
radeondrm0: 1680x1050
wsdisplay0 at radeondrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
--

Anthony Campbell http://www.acampbell.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

Mike Larkin
On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 04:08:28PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> This is on a Thinkpad Z61m running amd64. Suspend on lid closure has
> worked without problems for many months with numerous snapshots. After
> upgrading on 30 April the machine no longer wakes on lid opening. The
> sleep symbol below the screen blinks repeatedly but nothing else
> happens.
>
> If I suspend it with Fn+F4 the same thing happens; it is impossible to
> wake the machine.
>
> Another Thinkpad running i386 is not affected.
>

When did it last work? Eg, when before "30 April"?

-ml

>
> My dmesg:
>
>
>
> OpenBSD 5.9-current (GENERIC.MP) #2001: Sat Apr 30 17:20:25 MDT 2016
>     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> real mem = 3203203072 (3054MB)
> avail mem = 3101589504 (2957MB)
> mpath0 at root
> scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
> mainbus0 at root
> bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xe0010 (68 entries)
> bios0: vendor LENOVO version "7FET91WW (2.09 )" date 11/01/2006
> bios0: LENOVO 9450HAG
> acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
> acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
> acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SSDT ECDT TCPA APIC MCFG HPET SLIC BOOT SSDT SSDT SSDT SSDT
> acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S3) SLPB(S3) UART(S3) EXP0(S4) EXP1(S4) EXP2(S4) EXP3(S4) PCI1(S4) USB0(S3) USB1(S3) USB3(S3) USB7(S3) HDEF(S4)
> acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
> acpiec0 at acpi0
> acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
> cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
> cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 1995.32 MHz
> cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,SENSOR
> cpu0: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
> mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
> cpu0: apic clock running at 166MHz
> cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.2.2.2, IBE
> cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
> cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 1995.00 MHz
> cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,SENSOR
> cpu1: 4MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
> cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
> ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 1 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
> ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 2, remapped to apid 1
> acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xf0000000, bus 0-63
> acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
> acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
> acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (AGP_)
> acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP0)
> acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP1)
> acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 4 (EXP2)
> acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 12 (EXP3)
> acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 21 (PCI1)
> acpicpu0 at acpi0: !C3(250@17 mwait.3@0x20), !C2(500@1 mwait.1@0x10), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpicpu1 at acpi0: !C3(250@17 mwait.3@0x20), !C2(500@1 mwait.1@0x10), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
> acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for USB0, USB7
> acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 127 degC
> acpitz1 at acpi0: critical temperature is 99 degC
> acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
> acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
> "PNP0303" at acpi0 not configured
> "IBM0057" at acpi0 not configured
> "IBM0071" at acpi0 not configured
> "ATM1200" at acpi0 not configured
> acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "92P1127" serial 14319 type LION oem "SANYO"
> acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
> acpithinkpad0 at acpi0
> acpidock0 at acpi0: GDCK not docked (0)
> acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
> acpivout0 at acpivideo0: LCD0
> acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
> acpivout at acpivideo1 not configured
> cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 1995 MHz: speeds: 2000, 1667, 1333, 1000 MHz
> pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
> pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 82945GM Host" rev 0x03
> ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel 82945GM PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
> pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
> radeondrm0 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ATI Radeon Mobility X1400" rev 0x00
> drm0 at radeondrm0
> radeondrm0: apic 1 int 16
> azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801GB HD Audio" rev 0x02: msi
> azalia0: codecs: Analog Devices AD1981HD, Conexant/0x2bfa, using Analog Devices AD1981HD
> audio0 at azalia0
> ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
> pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
> bge0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5752M" rev 0x02, BCM5752 A2 (0x6002): msi, address 00:16:36:ca:5d:9c
> brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5752 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
> ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
> pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
> wpi0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG" rev 0x02: msi, MoW2, address 00:19:d2:0b:08:78
> ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 2 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
> pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
> ppb4 at pci0 dev 28 function 3 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
> pci5 at ppb4 bus 12
> uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 16
> uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 17
> uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 18
> uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 3 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 19
> ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 19
> usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
> uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
> ppb5 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xe2
> pci6 at ppb5 bus 21
> cbb0 at pci6 dev 0 function 0 "TI PCIXX12 CardBus" rev 0x00: apic 1 int 16
> "TI PCIXX12 FireWire" rev 0x00 at pci6 dev 0 function 1 not configured
> "TI PCIXX12 Multimedia Card Reader" rev 0x00 at pci6 dev 0 function 2 not configured
> sdhc0 at pci6 dev 0 function 3 "TI PCIXX12 SD" rev 0x00: apic 1 int 16
> sdmmc0 at sdhc0
> cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
> cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 22 device 0 cacheline 0x8, lattimer 0xb0
> pcmcia0 at cardslot0
> pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801GBM LPC" rev 0x02
> pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801GB IDE" rev 0x02: DMA, channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to compatibility
> atapiscsi0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0
> scsibus1 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets
> cd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <HL-DT-ST, DVDRAM GMA-4082N, CX08> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
> cd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
> pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
> ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801GBM AHCI" rev 0x02: msi, AHCI 1.1
> ahci0: port 0: 1.5Gb/s
> scsibus2 at ahci0: 32 targets
> sd0 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, TOSHIBA MK1234GS, AH00> SCSI3 0/direct fixed t10.ATA_TOSHIBA_MK1234GSX_17I7T1NFT
> sd0: 114473MB, 512 bytes/sector, 234441648 sectors
> ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801GB SMBus" rev 0x02: apic 1 int 23
> iic0 at ichiic0
> usb1 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub1 at usb1 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb2 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
> uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb3 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
> uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> usb4 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
> uhub4 at usb4 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
> isa0 at pcib0
> isadma0 at isa0
> pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
> pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
> wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard
> pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
> wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
> pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
> spkr0 at pcppi0
> aps0 at isa0 port 0x1600/31
> uhub5 at uhub0 port 1 "Terminus Technology USB 2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/1.11 addr 2
> uhub6 at uhub0 port 5 "Standard Microsystems product 0x2502" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 3
> ugen0 at uhub6 port 2 "Microdia / Sonix Technology Co., Ltd. USB20 Camera" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 4
> uhidev0 at uhub1 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0 "Dell Dell USB Mouse" rev 1.10/29.10 addr 2
> uhidev0: iclass 3/1
> ums0 at uhidev0: 3 buttons, Z dir
> wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
> ugen1 at uhub3 port 2 "STMicroelectronics Biometric Coprocessor" rev 1.00/0.01 addr 2
> vscsi0 at root
> scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
> softraid0 at root
> scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
> root on sd0a (4f429020a838b902.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b
> WARNING: / was not properly unmounted
> radeondrm0: 1680x1050
> wsdisplay0 at radeondrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
> wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
> --
>
> Anthony Campbell http://www.acampbell.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

acampbell
On 02 May 2016, Mike Larkin wrote:

> On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 04:08:28PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > This is on a Thinkpad Z61m running amd64. Suspend on lid closure has
> > worked without problems for many months with numerous snapshots. After
> > upgrading on 30 April the machine no longer wakes on lid opening. The
> > sleep symbol below the screen blinks repeatedly but nothing else
> > happens.
> >
> > If I suspend it with Fn+F4 the same thing happens; it is impossible to
> > wake the machine.
> >
> > Another Thinkpad running i386 is not affected.
> >
>
> When did it last work? Eg, when before "30 April"?
>
> -ml
>

Yes, it was fine with pretty regular snapsot upgrades until 30 April.
The problem began after that upgrade. A further upgrade on 1 May did not
restore things.

Anthony



--
Anthony Campbell http://www.acampbell.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

acampbell
On 03 May 2016, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On 02 May 2016, Mike Larkin wrote:
> > On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 04:08:28PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > This is on a Thinkpad Z61m running amd64. Suspend on lid closure has
> > > worked without problems for many months with numerous snapshots. After
> > > upgrading on 30 April the machine no longer wakes on lid opening. The
> > > sleep symbol below the screen blinks repeatedly but nothing else
> > > happens.
> > >
> > > If I suspend it with Fn+F4 the same thing happens; it is impossible to
> > > wake the machine.
> > >
> > > Another Thinkpad running i386 is not affected.
> > >
> >
> > When did it last work? Eg, when before "30 April"?
> >
> > -ml
> >
>
> Yes, it was fine with pretty regular snapsot upgrades until 30 April.
> The problem began after that upgrade. A further upgrade on 1 May did not
> restore things.
>

I forgot to say that the same problem, also beginning on 30 April, was
discussed on openbsd-bugs@. The suggestion there was that it was only
occurring on one laptop, but clearly that isn't the case since I have it
too. See  http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=145979568820455&w=2.

Anthony
--
Anthony Campbell http://www.acampbell.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

Norman Golisz-3
I just checked it and I can reproduce it on my T400 (dmesg below).

On Tue May  3 2016 08:28, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On 03 May 2016, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 02 May 2016, Mike Larkin wrote:
> > > On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 04:08:28PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > > This is on a Thinkpad Z61m running amd64. Suspend on lid closure has
> > > > worked without problems for many months with numerous snapshots. After
> > > > upgrading on 30 April the machine no longer wakes on lid opening. The
> > > > sleep symbol below the screen blinks repeatedly but nothing else
> > > > happens.
> > > >
> > > > If I suspend it with Fn+F4 the same thing happens; it is impossible to
> > > > wake the machine.
> > > >
> > > > Another Thinkpad running i386 is not affected.
> > > >
> > >
> > > When did it last work? Eg, when before "30 April"?

Unfortunately, I didn't upgrade frequently - I made a jump from Apr 7.
to Apr 29., but the kernel from Apr 7. works.

I'll try to bisect.

OpenBSD 5.9-current (GENERIC.MP) #2000: Fri Apr 29 17:01:24 MDT 2016
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 4166717440 (3973MB)
avail mem = 4035842048 (3848MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.4 @ 0xe0010 (80 entries)
bios0: vendor LENOVO version "7UET94WW (3.24 )" date 10/17/2012
bios0: LENOVO 6475BE3
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP SSDT ECDT APIC MCFG HPET SLIC BOOT ASF! SSDT TCPA DMAR SSDT SSDT SSDT
acpi0: wakeup devices LID_(S3) SLPB(S3) UART(S3) IGBE(S4) EXP0(S4) EXP1(S4) EXP2(S4) EXP3(S4) EXP4(S4) PCI1(S4) USB0(S3) USB3(S3) USB5(S3) EHC0(S3) EHC1(S3) HDEF(S4)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpiec0 at acpi0
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz, 2261.36 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,SENSOR
cpu0: 3MB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 7 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 265MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.2.2.2.1.3, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 1 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz, 2261.00 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,SMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,NXE,LONG,LAHF,PERF,SENSOR
cpu1: 3MB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 1 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
ioapic0: misconfigured as apic 2, remapped to apid 1
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-63
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus -1 (AGP_)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (EXP0)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (EXP1)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus -1 (EXP2)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 5 (EXP3)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 13 (EXP4)
acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 21 (PCI1)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: !C3(100@57 mwait.3@0x30), !C2(500@1 mwait.1@0x10), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: !C3(100@57 mwait.3@0x30), !C2(500@1 mwait.1@0x10), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: PUBS, resource for USB0, USB3, USB5, EHC0, EHC1
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 127 degC
acpitz1 at acpi0: critical temperature is 100 degC
acpibtn0 at acpi0: LID_
acpibtn1 at acpi0: SLPB
"PNP0303" at acpi0 not configured
"IBM0057" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0501" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0400" at acpi0 not configured
acpibat0 at acpi0: BAT0 model "42T5264" serial  3499 type LION oem "Panasonic"
acpiac0 at acpi0: AC unit online
acpithinkpad0 at acpi0
"IBM0079" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0C14" at acpi0 not configured
acpidock0 at acpi0: GDCK docked (15)
acpivideo0 at acpi0: VID_
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: LCD0
acpivideo1 at acpi0: VID_
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 2261 MHz: speeds: 2267, 2266, 1600, 800 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel GM45 Host" rev 0x07
inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07
drm0 at inteldrm0
intagp0 at inteldrm0
agp0 at intagp0: aperture at 0xd0000000, size 0x10000000
inteldrm0: msi
inteldrm0: 1440x900
wsdisplay0 at inteldrm0 mux 1: console (std, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (std, vt100 emulation)
"Intel GM45 Video" rev 0x07 at pci0 dev 2 function 1 not configured
"Intel GM45 HECI" rev 0x07 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 not configured
em0 at pci0 dev 25 function 0 "Intel ICH9 IGP M AMT" rev 0x03: msi, address 00:1c:25:95:39:e7
uhci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 0 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 20
uhci1 at pci0 dev 26 function 1 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 21
uhci2 at pci0 dev 26 function 2 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 22
ehci0 at pci0 dev 26 function 7 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 23
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
azalia0 at pci0 dev 27 function 0 "Intel 82801I HD Audio" rev 0x03: msi
azalia0: codecs: Conexant CX20561
audio0 at azalia0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801I PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 2
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel 82801I PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 3
iwn0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel WiFi Link 5300" rev 0x00: msi, MIMO 3T3R, MoW, address 00:16:ea:b3:62:e8
ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 3 "Intel 82801I PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci3 at ppb2 bus 5
ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 4 "Intel 82801I PCIE" rev 0x03: msi
pci4 at ppb3 bus 13
uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 16
uhci4 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 17
uhci5 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 18
ehci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801I USB" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 19
usb1 at ehci1: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb4 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BAM Hub-to-PCI" rev 0x93
pci5 at ppb4 bus 21
cbb0 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Ricoh 5C476 CardBus" rev 0xba: apic 1 int 16
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 22 device 0 cacheline 0x10, lattimer 0xb0
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801IEM LPC" rev 0x03
ahci0 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801I AHCI" rev 0x03: msi, AHCI 1.2
ahci0: port 0: 3.0Gb/s
ahci0: port 1: 1.5Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, HGST HTS725050A7, GH2O> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.5000cca76cc03cc3
sd0: 476940MB, 512 bytes/sector, 976773168 sectors
cd0 at scsibus1 targ 1 lun 0: <HL-DT-ST, DVDRAM GSA-U20N, HX10> ATAPI 5/cdrom removable
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801I SMBus" rev 0x03: apic 1 int 23
iic0 at ichiic0
usb2 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb4 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub4 at usb4 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb5 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub5 at usb5 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb6 at uhci4: USB revision 1.0
uhub6 at usb6 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb7 at uhci5: USB revision 1.0
uhub7 at usb7 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
aps0 at isa0 port 0x1600/31
uhub8 at uhub0 port 5 "IBM product 0x4485" rev 2.00/0.01 addr 2
uhidev0 at uhub8 port 3 configuration 1 interface 0 "Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse" rev 2.00/18.00 addr 3
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev0: 6 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus2 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus3 at softraid0: 256 targets
softraid0: sd1 was not shutdown properly
sd1 at scsibus3 targ 1 lun 0: <OPENBSD, SR CRYPTO, 006> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd1: 250876MB, 512 bytes/sector, 513794592 sectors
root on sd1a (d2946bed46ef4222.a) swap on sd1b dump on sd1b
WARNING: / was not properly unmounted
iwn0: radio is disabled by hardware switch

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

Mike Larkin
On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 11:06:37PM +0200, Norman Golisz wrote:

> I just checked it and I can reproduce it on my T400 (dmesg below).
>
> On Tue May  3 2016 08:28, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > On 03 May 2016, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > On 02 May 2016, Mike Larkin wrote:
> > > > On Sun, May 01, 2016 at 04:08:28PM +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> > > > > This is on a Thinkpad Z61m running amd64. Suspend on lid closure has
> > > > > worked without problems for many months with numerous snapshots. After
> > > > > upgrading on 30 April the machine no longer wakes on lid opening. The
> > > > > sleep symbol below the screen blinks repeatedly but nothing else
> > > > > happens.
> > > > >
> > > > > If I suspend it with Fn+F4 the same thing happens; it is impossible to
> > > > > wake the machine.
> > > > >
> > > > > Another Thinkpad running i386 is not affected.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > When did it last work? Eg, when before "30 April"?
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't upgrade frequently - I made a jump from Apr 7.
> to Apr 29., but the kernel from Apr 7. works.
>
> I'll try to bisect.
>

This is probably the same problem that kettenis fixed in a recent post.

I'd try applying that diff first.

-ml

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

acampbell
On 04 May 2016, Mike Larkin wrote:
>
> This is probably the same problem that kettenis fixed in a recent post.
>
> I'd try applying that diff first.
>
> -ml


After an upgrade to a new snapshot on 3 May things have now reverted to
normal and waking occurs correctly.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell http://www.acampbell.uk

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Laptop not waking from suspend on opening lid

Norman Golisz-3
On Thu May  5 2016 08:10, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On 04 May 2016, Mike Larkin wrote:
> >
> > This is probably the same problem that kettenis fixed in a recent post.
> >
> > I'd try applying that diff first.
> >
> > -ml
>
> After an upgrade to a new snapshot on 3 May things have now reverted to
> normal and waking occurs correctly.

Yes, I can confirm that. Thank you all!