Kernel breakage?

STeve Andre'
   I'm curious if anyone has tried building an i386-current kernel
in the last few hours.  I just did and got

make: don't know how to make newvers. Stop in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.

   I just did a cvs again of /usr/src/sys and got nothing from
several cvs servers so I don't think I'm missing anything, or there
has been corruption somewhere.

   ?

--STeve Andre'

Re: Kernel breakage?

STeve Andre'
Cancel that -- I forgot the change to config.  Excess noise, sorry...

--STeve Andre'

Re: Kernel breakage?

j4nKy
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 11:27:27PM -0400, STeve Andre' wrote:
>    I'm curious if anyone has tried building an i386-current kernel
> in the last few hours.  I just did and got
>
> make: don't know how to make newvers. Stop in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.
>
>    I just did a cvs again of /usr/src/sys and got nothing from
> several cvs servers so I don't think I'm missing anything, or there
> has been corruption somewhere.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/current.html#20091019

Re: Kernel breakage?

diazepam1
I have the same problem and I am not familiar with that change to config.  I am trying to build the kernel -current on a Dell R300 that has 4.5 installed.  I will appreciate if you can describe the steps you used to pass this error.

make: don't know how to make newvers. Stop in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP.

Thanks!
-m

andres-36 wrote
Cancel that -- I forgot the change to config.  Excess noise, sorry...

--STeve Andre'