Java program question

Z Ero
Hello,

I am trying to run the stand alone Java program cgoban.jar found at
https://www.gokgs.com/ for playing the board game "Go."

I very rarely run Java programs these days.

OpenBSD only seems to offer jamvm for a virtual machine and for
whatever reason that does not work with this program.

This is not a browser applet but a program you download and use
outside a browser by running on a Java VM to connect to their servers.
They used to offer a browser applet many years ago but now just offer
the stand alone program.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

java_errors.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Java program question

Karel Gardas
pkg_info -Q jdk

Then pkg_add <result from last command>

Then go to shell and do:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk-1.8.0

export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

since now, you should have sane VM executable by "java"

So java -jar <whatever jar you got for your go>

May do the play...

On 2/20/19 8:38 PM, Z Ero wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run the stand alone Java program cgoban.jar found at
> https://www.gokgs.com/ for playing the board game "Go."
>
> I very rarely run Java programs these days.
>
> OpenBSD only seems to offer jamvm for a virtual machine and for
> whatever reason that does not work with this program.
>
> This is not a browser applet but a program you download and use
> outside a browser by running on a Java VM to connect to their servers.
> They used to offer a browser applet many years ago but now just offer
> the stand alone program.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks...

Re: Java program question

Z Ero
Thanks a bunch...as I mentioned I never run java anymore...