Java port

Greg Thomas-3
I started compiling Java 1.4.2 about 4 hours ago on my IBM T40 laptop
with a 700 MHz CPU and 256 MB RAM.  How much longer is it going to
take?  The FAQ says "after many hours" so I was just wondering how
long on my hardware.  Is it going to be a couple more hours or a
couple days?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Java port

Greg Thomas-3
On 12/4/05, Josh Grosse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A few more hours, assuming you have enough virtual memory (such as login.conf
> "staff") and at least 2G of free disk space in your workspace (by default,
> that's /usr/ports).  If not, you'll be re-building.  :-)

Thanks, it took about 5 hours.  I should have checked disk space
requirements before I started but it made it.

Greg