January 24 i386 snapshot - php_fpm seems not to work

January 24 i386 snapshot - php_fpm seems not to work

bruce
Or may I'm crazy or just being stupid.
This system used to be the router/firewall running OpenBSD 5.5
Some new people moved in and it was replaced by a SonicWALL appliance.
So I decided to make it a web server.
Installed 5.8. short story-no details- I could never get php and mariadb working
at the same time!
started over with snapshot
Decided to chroot httpd to /home/www instead of /var/www. I guess I just like a
challenge.
Also using unix sockets and not tcp for interprocess communications. More
challenges.
The httpd server only wants to serve static html pages. Any attempt to retreive
a php page just gives a file not found message through the browser.
Take a look at this <http://tonyevil.zapto.org> to see configurations and dmesg.
I don't really understand http.conf.
Any tips appreciated.

Re: January 24 i386 snapshot - php_fpm seems not to work

Mark Carroll
On 25 Jan 2016, bruce wrote:
(snip)
> The httpd server only wants to serve static html pages. Any attempt to retreive
> a php page just gives a file not found message through the browser.
(snip)

Is it possible that you simply overlooked,

$ pkg_info -M php
Information for inst:php-5.6.11

Install notice:
To enable the php-5.6 module please create a symbolic link from
/var/www/conf/modules.sample/php-5.6.conf to
/var/www/conf/modules/php.conf. As root:

    ln -sf /var/www/conf/modules.sample/php-5.6.conf
    /var/www/conf/modules/php.conf

The recommended php configuration has been installed to:
    /etc/php-5.6.ini.

... ?

-- Mark

Re: January 24 i386 snapshot - php_fpm seems not to work

Vijay Sankar
Quoting bruce <[hidden email]>:

> Or may I'm crazy or just being stupid.
> This system used to be the router/firewall running OpenBSD 5.5
> Some new people moved in and it was replaced by a SonicWALL appliance.
> So I decided to make it a web server.
> Installed 5.8. short story-no details- I could never get php and
> mariadb working
> at the same time!
> started over with snapshot
> Decided to chroot httpd to /home/www instead of /var/www. I guess I
> just like a
> challenge.
> Also using unix sockets and not tcp for interprocess communications. More
> challenges.
> The httpd server only wants to serve static html pages. Any attempt
> to retreive
> a php page just gives a file not found message through the browser.
> Take a look at this <http://tonyevil.zapto.org> to see
> configurations and dmesg.
> I don't really understand http.conf.
> Any tips appreciated.

I looked at the list of packages you had and compared to mine. In my
case, I have

php-fpm-5.6.13p0    stand-alone FPM version of PHP

but did not see that in your list.

However, I am using an older snapshot and there may be something else
I am not seeing.

--
Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
ForeTell Technologies Limited

Re: January 24 i386 snapshot - php_fpm seems not to work

bruce
Surprised me, too. php-fpm is now included in the php-5.6.17
 package.

Bruce

> On January 25, 2016 at 5:38 AM Vijay Sankar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Quoting bruce <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Or may I'm crazy or just being stupid.
> > This system used to be the router/firewall running OpenBSD 5.5
> > Some new people moved in and it was replaced by a SonicWALL appliance.
> > So I decided to make it a web server.
> > Installed 5.8. short story-no details- I could never get php and
> > mariadb working
> > at the same time!
> > started over with snapshot
> > Decided to chroot httpd to /home/www instead of /var/www. I guess I
> > just like a
> > challenge.
> > Also using unix sockets and not tcp for interprocess communications. More
> > challenges.
> > The httpd server only wants to serve static html pages. Any attempt
> > to retreive
> > a php page just gives a file not found message through the browser.
> > Take a look at this <http://tonyevil.zapto.org> to see
> > configurations and dmesg.
> > I don't really understand http.conf.
> > Any tips appreciated.
>
> I looked at the list of packages you had and compared to mine. In my
> case, I have
>
> php-fpm-5.6.13p0 stand-alone FPM version of PHP
>
> but did not see that in your list.
>
> However, I am using an older snapshot and there may be something else
> I am not seeing.
>
> --
> Vijay Sankar, M.Eng., P.Eng.
> ForeTell Technologies Limited

Re: January 24 i386 snapshot - php_fpm seems not to work

bruce
It is my belief that the modules link is only used for apache and mod_php. not
the new httpd.
Tried it anyway-no joy.