Italian Keyboard

Luca Marra
I've successfully installed OpenBSD on my powerbook 12" and i'm stuck with my
fist problem. When i type "kbd -l" i get the list of keyboard encodings, in
this list there is the italian one but when i try to set it i get the
following error:

# kbd it
kbd: unsupported encoding it on /dev/wskbd0
kbd: keyboard mapping set to it

and obviously it doesn't work. So, where am i going wrong? The error is mine
or there is no support for the italian keyboard?
I hope there is no particular reason because ita keymap cannot be done.

Tank you.

Re: Italian Keyboard

David Coppa-2
On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 23:56 +0000, Luca Marra wrote:
> I've successfully installed OpenBSD on my powerbook 12" and i'm stuck with my
> fist problem. When i type "kbd -l" i get the list of keyboard encodings, in
> this list there is the italian one but when i try to set it i get the
> following error:
>
> # kbd it
> kbd: unsupported encoding it on /dev/wskbd0
> kbd: keyboard mapping set to it

wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=it

ciao,
David

Re: Italian Keyboard

Luca Marra
David Coppa <david.coppa <at> bsdgeek.it> writes:

> wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=it

# wsconsctl -w keyboard.encoding=it
wsconsctl: WSKBDIO_SETENCODING: Invalid argument

Thanks