Interested to contribute OpenBSD as an international cryptographer

Interested to contribute OpenBSD as an international cryptographer

Shoufu Luo
Hi,

I'm very interested to join your community and contribute. Currently, I am a 2nd-year computer science Ph.D student, studying all stuffs about cryptography. Usually, I have around 10 hours per week (Friday or Saturday) for it.

I worked for 5 years as a system-level software engineer, particularly on system security library and device drivers for a BSD-kernel OS. I use OpenBSD for my research projects and loving it, although not an expert.

How can I start? Looking forward your guide.

Thanks,
Shoufu

Re: Interested to contribute OpenBSD as an international cryptographer

Janne Johansson-3
2013/1/26 Shoufu Luo <[hidden email]>:
> I'm very interested to join your community and contribute. Currently, I am a 2nd-year computer science Ph.D student, studying all stuffs about cryptography. Usually, I have around 10 hours per week (Friday or Saturday) for it.
> I worked for 5 years as a system-level software engineer, particularly on system security library and device drivers for a BSD-kernel OS. I use OpenBSD for my research projects and loving it, although not an expert.
> How can I start? Looking forward your guide.

Searching the archives for misc@ will turn up a few similar
discussions, some of them have good advice, among the general chatter.
If you require a one sentence long guide: "Use it, figure out some
part which could use improvement, then send in working diffs that
effectuate this improvement". Repeat as necessary.