Intel Core2 Duo E6400 BOXDP965LTCK

Jack J. Woehr
I'd like to build an OBSD box based on Intel BOXDP965LTCK Main Board
http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dp965lt/index.htm
<http://www.intel.com/products/motherboard/dp965lt/index.htm> with one
Intel Core2 Duo E6400 CPU.

My interpretation from searches of the mailing lists is that this is not
explicitly supported and that average users who have tried the latest
Intel Core Duo CPU mb's have not been successful. (True, he asks?)

--
Jack J. Woehr                 # "Men never do evil so completely and
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402   #  cheerfully as when they do it from
http://www.well.com/~jax      #  religious conviction." - Pascal

Re: Intel Core2 Duo E6400 BOXDP965LTCK

Sam Chill
On 8/26/06, Jack Woehr <[hidden email]> wrote:
> My interpretation from searches of the mailing lists is that this is not
> explicitly supported and that average users who have tried the latest
> Intel Core Duo CPU mb's have not been successful. (True, he asks?)
I'm afraid I don't have many details, but I recently (out of curosity)
booted the 3.9 i386 and amd64 kernels on a client's Core2 Duo. It used
an ati chipset and inorder to get it to boot I had to use config(8) to
disable the ehci device. It booted and seemed to work okay. I'm not
sure if this is even useful due to lack of hardware description.
Good Luck,
Sam