Quantcast

Input/Output error on softraid 5 with more that 8 disks

Input/Output error on softraid 5 with more that 8 disks

alexmcwhirter
Tested on a Sun E6K and Sun V210. It seems that if i create a raid 5
array bigger than 8 disks (U320 SCSI) using softraid, i get a rather
vague "Input / Output" error why attempting to write any significantly
large data (dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/blah bs=1m count=128). newfs creates
the filesystem fine and fsck comes back clean but trying to put anything
on the array doesn't seem to do anything.

I was just wondering if this is something that has been reported in the
past or if I'm the first to uncover it? I have obtained the same results
from various hardware which seems to point to the softraid driver.

Hardware Tested

HBA's

qlw: isp1000, isp1040, isp10160
esp: fas336