IPv6 calculator

Martin Pelikan
Hello list,
I just updated my IPv6 address calculator and thought it might find
its use in OpenBSD. It shouldn't contain any security risk, is small
enough not to bloat the tree and handy enough to help admins visualize
and plan their network's addressing or set those crazy PTRs properly.

As there is already net/ipv6calc port, which I don't really think is
much of use (uncomfortable operation, missing useful information and
containing lots of the irrelevant/unnecessary), there might be some
confusion.

Even if it would be rejected, I hope it can reach more people through
the misc archives and helps to save them some time. Feel free to write
comments and suggestions.

You can get it here: http://cap.potazmo.cz/software/ipv6calc/ipv6calc.c

Martin Pelikan

Re: IPv6 calculator

Tomas Bodzar-4
Hi,

did you try net/sipcalc ? It's quite fine I think.

bIf youbre good at something, never do it for free.bB bThe Joker

Potential Spam: Re: IPv6 calculator

Olivier Mehani
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 09:41:59PM +0200, Martin PelikC!n wrote:
> I just updated my IPv6 address calculator and thought it might find
> its use in OpenBSD. It shouldn't contain any security risk, is small
> enough not to bloat the tree and handy enough to help admins visualize
> and plan their network's addressing or set those crazy PTRs properly.
> You can get it here: http://cap.potazmo.cz/software/ipv6calc/ipv6calc.c

Did you make sure the bCompact formb complies with [RFC5952]?

I haven't, and I am surely not saying it doesn't, but I thought it would
be good to mention that RFC if you did not already know about it.

[RFC5952] S. Kawamura and M. Kawashima, "A recommendation for IPv6
address text representation," RFC 5952 (Standards Track). [Online].
Available: http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5952.txt

--
Olivier Mehani <[hidden email]>
PGP fingerprint: 4435 CF6A 7C8D DD9B E2DE  F5F9 F012 A6E2 98C6 6655