Hylafax

Steve-97
Hi all

A diff was posted for Hylafax 4.25 a few weeks back.

Can I get some guidance as how to apply this so I can test it.

Thanks

---------------------------------
On Yahoo!7
  Messenger: Make free PC-to-PC calls to your friends overseas.

Re: Hylafax

Toni Mueller-7

Hello,

On Sun, 12.03.2006 at 17:57:44 +1100, Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
> A diff was posted for Hylafax 4.25 a few weeks back.
>
> Can I get some guidance as how to apply this so I can test it.

that patch is probably applied on top of the hylafax tree.

$ man patch

Apart from that, there's 4.3.0rc3 out the door, probably meaning that
4.3.0 will be out well before 3.10/4.0 to get in, apparently fixing
some 50+ bugs on top of 4.2.5 already.

Best,
--Toni++

Re: Hylafax

Toni Mueller-7

Hi,

On Fri, 12.05.2006 at 16:06:34 +0200, Toni Mueller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Apart from that, there's 4.3.0rc3 out the door, probably meaning that
> 4.3.0 will be out well before 3.10/4.0 to get in, apparently fixing
> some 50+ bugs on top of 4.2.5 already.

FYI: http://www.hylafax.org/content/HylaFAX_4.3.0_release

Best,
--Toni++

Re: Hylafax

Toni Mueller-7

Hello all,

On Mon, 22.05.2006 at 11:24:15 +0200, Toni Mueller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > 4.3.0 will be out well before 3.10/4.0 to get in, apparently fixing
> > some 50+ bugs on top of 4.2.5 already.
>
> FYI: http://www.hylafax.org/content/HylaFAX_4.3.0_release

I just found out that 4.3.0 will be the minimum version to go into
ports for the next release because earlier versions don't support
libtiff 3.8 which already is in ports. IOW, versions earlier than 4.3.0
don't even configure, not to mention compile.

Best,
--Toni++

UPDATED: Hylafax 4.3.0

Toni Mueller-7

Hello,

I mangled the existing ports for HylaFAX and got something for 4.3.0 to
compile. The port keeps its data in /var/spool/hylafax as is suggested
by upstream, and I also very much dislike too much moving data in
/usr/something. So, the port changed slightly.

I didn't yet test it thoroughly, but it "cleanly" (sort of) installs
and deinstalls.

Best,
--Toni++

hylafax-4.3.0.tgz (9K) Download Attachment

Re: UPDATED: Hylafax 4.3.0

Marc Balmer-2
* Toni Mueller wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I mangled the existing ports for HylaFAX and got something for 4.3.0 to
> compile. The port keeps its data in /var/spool/hylafax as is suggested
> by upstream, and I also very much dislike too much moving data in
> /usr/something. So, the port changed slightly.

config files are in /etc, right?

> I didn't yet test it thoroughly, but it "cleanly" (sort of) installs
> and deinstalls.

And, does the software work?

Re: UPDATED: Hylafax 4.3.0

Toni Mueller-7

Hello,

On Wed, 14.06.2006 at 23:03:11 +0200, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> * Toni Mueller wrote:
> > I mangled the existing ports for HylaFAX and got something for 4.3.0 to
> > compile. The port keeps its data in /var/spool/hylafax as is suggested
> > by upstream, and I also very much dislike too much moving data in
> > /usr/something. So, the port changed slightly.
> config files are in /etc, right?

no, the config files are in /var/spool/hylafax/etc.

The posted code is unfortunately not too useful right now, or at least
it

> > I didn't yet test it thoroughly, but it "cleanly" (sort of) installs
> > and deinstalls.
>
> And, does the software work?

does not work at the moment, for reasons I have still to debug. Seems
like the programs (partially?) don't want to access files through
symbolic links, and also, after I modified that, I still could not send
a fax because the job gets rendered to a .ps file, then nothing more
happens. Esp. no modem action seems to get triggered.

I'm still working on it, but would like to get help with it, if anybody
else is interested, too. I also wanted to make an initial step and get
enough eyeballs on it to _make_sure_ that the port becomes ready early
enough to go into 4.0.

Best,
--Toni++