How to syspatch from a different server?

How to syspatch from a different server?

Federico Giannici
We use an internal server to speedup the upgrade of OS and packages of
all our internal machines (all amd64). We simply set /etc/installurl in
every machine to point to our server were there are the OS tarballs and
packages.

Anyway we'd like to use the standard OpenBSD servers for syspatch as it
uses much less files than complete installation and it's often updated.

How can we do it?
Is there a way to tell syspatch to use another source instead of the one
in /etc/installurl? If no, what about a new option in syspatch?

Thanks.

Re: How to syspatch from a different server?

Hiltjo Posthuma
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:05:38AM +0200, Federico Giannici wrote:

> We use an internal server to speedup the upgrade of OS and packages of all
> our internal machines (all amd64). We simply set /etc/installurl in every
> machine to point to our server were there are the OS tarballs and packages.
>
> Anyway we'd like to use the standard OpenBSD servers for syspatch as it uses
> much less files than complete installation and it's often updated.
>
> How can we do it?
> Is there a way to tell syspatch to use another source instead of the one in
> /etc/installurl? If no, what about a new option in syspatch?
>
> Thanks.

Can't you just sync the patches to your internal server? Then syspatch
should work.

--
Kind regards,
Hiltjo

Re: How to syspatch from a different server?

Stefan Sperling-5
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 09:05:38AM +0200, Federico Giannici wrote:
> We use an internal server to speedup the upgrade of OS and packages of all
> our internal machines (all amd64). We simply set /etc/installurl in every
> machine to point to our server were there are the OS tarballs and packages.
>
> Anyway we'd like to use the standard OpenBSD servers for syspatch as it uses
> much less files than complete installation and it's often updated.
>
> How can we do it?

Mirroring the 'pub/OpenBSD/syspatch/' directory on your local mirror
should make it work.