How to generically start OpenBSD/arm64 in qemu?

How to generically start OpenBSD/arm64 in qemu?

damian
Hi together

I‘m new to OpenBSD.

Over the last week I have been trying to get an OpenBSD/arm64 running in
qemu. But I got the problem that it can‘t find the system disk, what did
I miss?

At the moment, I‘m trying to start it with the following command:

qemu-system-x86_64 -drive file=miniroot62.fs,if=virtio -m 512 -net
nic,model=virtio -net user

and it responds with:

Booting from Hard Disk...

Using drive 0, partition 0.

Non-system disk

Press any key to reboot

all files for Opembsd/arm64 are in the same folder as im starting it from

im using the folowing options:

-drive file=miniroot62.fs,

#i use this option to defnie which disk image to use.

if=virtio -m 512

#defines driver and driver size

-net nic,model=virtio

#defines networkcard setings

-net user

# so i run in user mode

Best regards

Damian

0x2482EFE8.asc (3K) Download Attachment

Re: How to generically start OpenBSD/arm64 in qemu?

Karel Gardas

Just few weeks ago I've been here with same issue/question. Advices are in this thread:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=151568162327831&w=2

especially read Jonathan very detailed answer:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-arm&m=151582483025728&w=2

but well, at the end I've given up since I've not been able to get stable setup from ports' qemu and armv8.
I got random segfaults, random lockups/infinite loops etc.

BTW: I've also duplicated that on Linux host so it does not seems like an issue with qemu package on OpenBSD, but
rather qemu issue in general.

If you get it running stably, please report.

Karel