How to enable sendmail auth in OpenBSD ?

How to enable sendmail auth in OpenBSD ?

Wesley MOUEDINE ASSABY
Hi,

I use OpenBSD 4.7, and so Sendmail MTA 8.14.3
I enabled TLS using good manpages : starttls. It's ok.
But now, i want to enable AUTH for smtp.
How can i achieve that ?
Thank you very much.

Wesley M.

Re: How to enable sendmail auth in OpenBSD ?

Paul Wittmayer-2
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html

>>> OpenBSD Geek <[hidden email]> 20.01.2011 12:27 >>>
Hi,

I use OpenBSD 4.7, and so Sendmail MTA 8.14.3
I enabled TLS using good manpages : starttls. It's ok.
But now, i want to enable AUTH for smtp.
How can i achieve that ?
Thank you very much.

Wesley M.

Re: How to enable sendmail auth in OpenBSD ?

Harald Dunkel-3
Hi Wes,

On 01/20/11 12:27, OpenBSD Geek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use OpenBSD 4.7, and so Sendmail MTA 8.14.3
> I enabled TLS using good manpages : starttls. It's ok.
> But now, i want to enable AUTH for smtp.
> How can i achieve that ?
> Thank you very much.

Maybe this helps:

http://www.dsrw.org/~dlg/sysadmin/sendmail/

Regards

Harri

Re: How to enable sendmail auth in OpenBSD ?

Otto Moerbeek
On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 03:27:15PM +0400, OpenBSD Geek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use OpenBSD 4.7, and so Sendmail MTA 8.14.3
> I enabled TLS using good manpages : starttls. It's ok.
> But now, i want to enable AUTH for smtp.
> How can i achieve that ?
> Thank you very much.
>
> Wesley M.

install the cyrus-sasl package and put

WANT_SMTPAUTH=yes

into /etc/mk.conf and then rebuild sendmail.

        -Otto