How install Teamspeak Server ?

Anonyme
Hi,

I'm not sure if I finding me in the best way to obtain an answer for my
problem, but even if I searched, I didn't find a clear solution (like
forum, apparently locked due to spam).

I would like install the Teamspeak Server but it doesn't exist ->
ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.6/packages/amd64/

Teamspeak's staff has only a FreeBSD version ->
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

It is possible to install Teamspeak Server on OpenBSD by FeeBSD's
packages ? Or should I use the way with Linux emulation ?

Thanks in advance for an answer.

Best regards.

Re: How install Teamspeak Server ?

Jonathon Sisson
On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 09:46:32PM +0100, Anonyme wrote:
> It is possible to install Teamspeak Server on OpenBSD by FeeBSD's packages ?
> Or should I use the way with Linux emulation ?

OpenBSD ports has mumble (client) and umurmur (minimalist server for mumble)
as an alternate to Teamspeak/Ventrilo/etc... if the requirement to run OpenBSD
is more important than the requirement to run Teamspeak, you should look into
those packages.

Mumble client downloads can be found at:

http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php

Re: How install Teamspeak Server ?

Henrik Friedrichsen
The Teamspeak 3 server will not run on OpenBSD. I believe that Linux
emulation was disabled in i386 (always has been in amd64), so that is
not an option.

You'll have to use an alternative conference software or another OS.

Le 16/01/2015 22:25, Jonathon Sisson a écrit :

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 09:46:32PM +0100, Anonyme wrote:
>> It is possible to install Teamspeak Server on OpenBSD by FeeBSD's packages ?
>> Or should I use the way with Linux emulation ?
>>
> OpenBSD ports has mumble (client) and umurmur (minimalist server for mumble)
> as an alternate to Teamspeak/Ventrilo/etc... if the requirement to run OpenBSD
> is more important than the requirement to run Teamspeak, you should look into
> those packages.
>
> Mumble client downloads can be found at:
>
> http://www.mumble.com/mumble-download.php

I would like run Teamspeak to OpenBSD, those both things are important
for me. "Unfortunately", many of my friends use Teamspeak and I taken a
lot of time to setting up Teamspeak Server (started with Windows).

If I can install Teamspeak to OpenBSD even if I give my time, I will
make it.

Henrik Friedrichsen <henrik <at> diff.cc> writes:

> The Teamspeak 3 server will not run on OpenBSD. I believe that Linux
> emulation was disabled in i386 (always has been in amd64), so that is
> not an option.
>
> You'll have to use an alternative conference software or another OS.

Ok Henrik, thanks for your answer.