How do I try uwacom with a Graphire tablet

How do I try uwacom with a Graphire tablet

Alfred Morgan
How difficult would it be to get the Wacom Graphire (it says ET-0405-U on
the bottom of my tablet) to work with the uwacom driver which claims to
only support the CTL-490?

When I plug the tablet in I get this in my console:
uhidev2 at uhub0 port 5 configuration 1 interface 0 "WACOM ET-0405-UV1.1-1"
rev 1.00/1.11 addr 7
uhidev2: iclass 3/1, 3 report ids
uhid0 at uhidev2 reportid 2: input=7, output=0, feature=2
uhid1 at uhidev2 reportid 3: input=0, output=0, feature=2

I would imagine the tablet has similar core functionality to the CTL-490 so
I thought I would start by trying to add a device entry. I noticed that the
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs file already contains an definition for WACOM
CT0405U and GRAPHIRE.
$ usbdev -v:
addr 1: super speed, self powered, config 1, xHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 5 addr 5: low speed, power 40 mA, config 1, ET-0405-UV1.1-1(0x0010),
WACOM(0x056a), rev 1.11

Since my device shows up as 0x0010 I included the GRAPHIRE in the device
list:
const struct usb_devno uwacom_devs[] = {
        { USB_VENDOR_WACOM, USB_PRODUCT_WACOM_INTUOS_DRAW },
        { USB_VENDOR_WACOM, USB_PRODUCT_WACOM_GRAPHIRE }
};

I compile the kernel:
$ cd /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/conf/
$ config GENERIC.MP
$ cd ../compile/GENERIC.MP/
$ make
$ doas make install
$ doas reboot

After the reboot it doesn't seem to attach a uwacom1 device.
$ dmesg | grep uwacom; echo $?
1

Any ideas or tips to proceed?
--
-alfred

dmesg.txt (10K) Download Attachment

Re: How do I try uwacom with a Graphire tablet

Frank Groeneveld
On Thu, May 18, 2017, at 09:01, Alfred Morgan wrote:
> How difficult would it be to get the Wacom Graphire (it says ET-0405-U on
> the bottom of my tablet) to work with the uwacom driver which claims to
> only support the CTL-490?

The uwacom driver was written for newer tables which have a broken usb
descriptor. I believe your device is older and might already work
without uwacom but needs modifications to pick up the fixes in
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/uhidev.c.

Frank