Quantcast

How are people dealing with the Intel AMT BIOS vulnerability/backdoor?

How are people dealing with the Intel AMT BIOS vulnerability/backdoor?

techay
Hi,

Just checked my router today and found out that the AMT vuln is on there and active/provisioning, probably like most of your systems too..

I have had to disconnect it from the Internet of course. Looks like trying to disable AMT/MEBx within the BIOS doesn't do jack on my M58P, as it's still being reported by a detection tool that it active and provisioning. Intel have released instructions to patch for the Windows OS, but I don't have that OS on any hard drives so isn't helpful for me. Intel have screwed us all over - I'm totally fed up with this crap.

Re: How are people dealing with the Intel AMT BIOS vulnerability/backdoor?

Theodoros
- Disable and try to exploit (best way to know really)
- If necessary file a bug report with the vendor
- Block perspective ports on your network.