Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn
Hello. I am Ywe Cærlyn, also known as Biit. Previously also Bit in
Norway, and added an i to the nick for international long i, as in Norway.

I have a youtube channel here, where I do related videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHkbQM5GKQ

I am a new user of OpenBSD, and like minimal jitter kernel
configs/programming, and Sensible Themes. I have already done a theme
for Milkytracker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMfWsx3JBUg

And I also do DSP programming, and ultimately will port these. See also
my channel for remasters and remixes with these. And also plan to do
ultranet.life, when I get the time.

First contribution: You should focus on the 3-clause licence. The two
2-clause tries to be GNU, and that is a mistake I think.

I also am fond of the emerging fine granulated internet economics, which
I think comes from a similar mindset.

Any questions comments, send away. (Please CC me for fastest reply).

Peace.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Eric Furman-3
On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 03:28 PM, Ywe Cærlyn wrote:

> First contribution: You should focus on the 3-clause licence. The two
> 2-clause tries to be GNU, and that is a mistake I think.

OK, you had me up till here and then this 'Contribution".
Is this an attempt at humor? Last time I checked all of the
GNU licenses were about 14 pages long of legalese.
How is the simpler shorter 2 clause license more like GNU?
Sounds like a troll...

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn
Yes. I actually had a look a linux earlier. And found for instance a
10ms filter in cpu measurement. I mean, then you haven´t really
understood what available resources in a computer is.. And in for
instance the LADSPA plugins, is tons of pointer variables. The real song
of the GNU licence is this. And "thou shall make no money". That is why
it is really going nowhere. WIth the 2 clause licence, you hear a little
bit of that song.. Just a warning, from someone who has seen real
obtusity in code.

Den 11/7/2017 02:57, skrev Eric Furman:

> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 03:28 PM, Ywe Cærlyn wrote:
>
>> First contribution: You should focus on the 3-clause licence. The two
>> 2-clause tries to be GNU, and that is a mistake I think.
> OK, you had me up till here and then this 'Contribution".
> Is this an attempt at humor? Last time I checked all of the
> GNU licenses were about 14 pages long of legalese.
> How is the simpler shorter 2 clause license more like GNU?
> Sounds like a troll...

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn
As opposed to say, if you have ever had a moment of Mindful Zen, and
thought of Transcendent Trueness. It is a "song" a bit more like
"OpenBSD" and "3-clause licence". In other words, 1:1 reality. ;) That
is why I got interested in OpenBSD instead.

Peace.

Den 11/7/2017 04:49, skrev Ywe Cærlyn:

> Yes. I actually had a look a linux earlier. And found for instance a
> 10ms filter in cpu measurement. I mean, then you haven´t really
> understood what available resources in a computer is.. And in for
> instance the LADSPA plugins, is tons of pointer variables. The real
> song of the GNU licence is this. And "thou shall make no money". That
> is why it is really going nowhere. WIth the 2 clause licence, you hear
> a little bit of that song.. Just a warning, from someone who has seen
> real obtusity in code.
>
> Den 11/7/2017 02:57, skrev Eric Furman:
>> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 03:28 PM, Ywe Cærlyn wrote:
>>
>>> First contribution: You should focus on the 3-clause licence. The two
>>> 2-clause tries to be GNU, and that is a mistake I think.
>> OK, you had me up till here and then this 'Contribution".
>> Is this an attempt at humor? Last time I checked all of the
>> GNU licenses were about 14 pages long of legalese.
>> How is the simpler shorter 2 clause license more like GNU?
>> Sounds like a troll...

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn
So archaically speaking, that is your biggest security issue right there.
For instance, if you eat much kebabs, your stomach sings The Quran, and
unfortunately "Mohammed and the companions".
If you eat much pizza, it sings The Bible, and "Jesus died for your sins".
Now to equalize this, and get Transcendent Truth, for each 3 pizzas, eat
1 kebab.
And you are archaically correct. - There is just one deity, as all
original monotheism teaches. Then you should be at security with The
Chief, justice prevail, and obtuseness conquered.

Peace.

Den 11/7/2017 05:10, skrev Ywe Cærlyn:

> As opposed to say, if you have ever had a moment of Mindful Zen, and
> thought of Transcendent Trueness. It is a "song" a bit more like
> "OpenBSD" and "3-clause licence". In other words, 1:1 reality. ;) That
> is why I got interested in OpenBSD instead.
>
> Peace.
>
> Den 11/7/2017 04:49, skrev Ywe Cærlyn:
>> Yes. I actually had a look a linux earlier. And found for instance a
>> 10ms filter in cpu measurement. I mean, then you haven´t really
>> understood what available resources in a computer is.. And in for
>> instance the LADSPA plugins, is tons of pointer variables. The real
>> song of the GNU licence is this. And "thou shall make no money". That
>> is why it is really going nowhere. WIth the 2 clause licence, you
>> hear a little bit of that song.. Just a warning, from someone who has
>> seen real obtusity in code.

>>> OK, you had me up till here and then this 'Contribution".
>>> Is this an attempt at humor? Last time I checked all of the
>>> GNU licenses were about 14 pages long of legalese.
>>> How is the simpler shorter 2 clause license more like GNU?
>>> Sounds like a troll...

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Eric Furman-3
OK, my understanding of English must be broken because
I do not understand any of this.
I just wanted to warn you off starting any discussions about
BSD vs GNU licensing schemes. Are minds are closed on
this topic.

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 11:44 PM, Ywe Cærlyn wrote:

> So archaically speaking, that is your biggest security issue right there.
> For instance, if you eat much kebabs, your stomach sings The Quran, and
> unfortunately "Mohammed and the companions".
> If you eat much pizza, it sings The Bible, and "Jesus died for your
> sins".
> Now to equalize this, and get Transcendent Truth, for each 3 pizzas, eat
> 1 kebab.
> And you are archaically correct. - There is just one deity, as all
> original monotheism teaches. Then you should be at security with The
> Chief, justice prevail, and obtuseness conquered.
>
> Peace.
>
> Den 11/7/2017 05:10, skrev Ywe Cærlyn:
> > As opposed to say, if you have ever had a moment of Mindful Zen, and
> > thought of Transcendent Trueness. It is a "song" a bit more like
> > "OpenBSD" and "3-clause licence". In other words, 1:1 reality. ;) That
> > is why I got interested in OpenBSD instead.
> >
> > Peace.
> >
> > Den 11/7/2017 04:49, skrev Ywe Cærlyn:
> >> Yes. I actually had a look a linux earlier. And found for instance a
> >> 10ms filter in cpu measurement. I mean, then you haven´t really
> >> understood what available resources in a computer is.. And in for
> >> instance the LADSPA plugins, is tons of pointer variables. The real
> >> song of the GNU licence is this. And "thou shall make no money". That
> >> is why it is really going nowhere. WIth the 2 clause licence, you
> >> hear a little bit of that song.. Just a warning, from someone who has
> >> seen real obtusity in code.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Eric Furman-3
Oh, one more thing. The joke threads are supposed to
be reserved for Fridays. Since you're new you probably
didn't know that.

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017, at 12:04 AM, Eric Furman wrote:

> OK, my understanding of English must be broken because
> I do not understand any of this.
> I just wanted to warn you off starting any discussions about
> BSD vs GNU licensing schemes. Are minds are closed on
> this topic.
>
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2017, at 11:44 PM, Ywe Cærlyn wrote:
> > So archaically speaking, that is your biggest security issue right there.
> > For instance, if you eat much kebabs, your stomach sings The Quran, and
> > unfortunately "Mohammed and the companions".
> > If you eat much pizza, it sings The Bible, and "Jesus died for your
> > sins".
> > Now to equalize this, and get Transcendent Truth, for each 3 pizzas, eat
> > 1 kebab.
> > And you are archaically correct. - There is just one deity, as all
> > original monotheism teaches. Then you should be at security with The
> > Chief, justice prevail, and obtuseness conquered.
> >
> > Peace.
> >
> > Den 11/7/2017 05:10, skrev Ywe Cærlyn:
> > > As opposed to say, if you have ever had a moment of Mindful Zen, and
> > > thought of Transcendent Trueness. It is a "song" a bit more like
> > > "OpenBSD" and "3-clause licence". In other words, 1:1 reality. ;) That
> > > is why I got interested in OpenBSD instead.
> > >
> > > Peace.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Michael Hekeler
This seems to be a very technically orientated and serious discussion.
‎Chapeau, Mr. Ywe Cærlyn!

God Bless Norway!

On 2017-11-07, Ywe Cærlyn <[hidden email]> wrote:

I hate replying to a post about licenses, but you're missing something
fundamental here...

>                                                            The real song
> of the GNU licence is this. And "thou shall make no money".

Not at all. It is perfectly allowed to charge money for GPL software.
You just have to provide an offer of the source code *to people who you
have given the binaries to*. (Sure, they can then pass this on to other
people. But you can also have e.g. copyrighted documentation without
which the code is not really very useful. Or maybe those people won't
want to hand it out for free anyway).

GPL is also used by some as some kind of "free trial" of commercial
libraries (especially happens with crypto, it seems). You're allowed to
use them as part of your software, but if you want to distribute as
closed-source, you'll then need to arrange a commercial license instead.

The complexity of it is also a good way for copyright/license lawyers
to make money too, of course.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

BergenBergen BergenBergen
Your name is not Norwegian. What's going on here?

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 2017-11-07, Ywe Cærlyn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I hate replying to a post about licenses, but you're missing something
> fundamental here...
>
> >                                                            The real song
> > of the GNU licence is this. And "thou shall make no money".
>
> Not at all. It is perfectly allowed to charge money for GPL software.
> You just have to provide an offer of the source code *to people who you
> have given the binaries to*. (Sure, they can then pass this on to other
> people. But you can also have e.g. copyrighted documentation without
> which the code is not really very useful. Or maybe those people won't
> want to hand it out for free anyway).
>
> GPL is also used by some as some kind of "free trial" of commercial
> libraries (especially happens with crypto, it seems). You're allowed to
> use them as part of your software, but if you want to distribute as
> closed-source, you'll then need to arrange a commercial license instead.
>
> The complexity of it is also a good way for copyright/license lawyers
> to make money too, of course.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn
Well I have introduced myself then.

Maybe I will write some more posts at a later time.

Peaceful Salutations.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Christer Solskogen-3
On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Ywe Cærlyn <email@ywecærlyn.net> wrote:

> Well I have introduced myself then.
>
> Maybe I will write some more posts at a later time.

I have a suggestion. Don't.

chs

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Base Pr1me
second that ...

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Christer Solskogen <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Ywe Cærlyn <email@ywecærlyn.net> wrote:
>
> > Well I have introduced myself then.
> >
> > Maybe I will write some more posts at a later time.
> >

> I have a suggestion. Don't.

> chs

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

rizz2pro .
SOUL OF ROOT 55

Is that you???

On Nov 7, 2017 11:52 AM, "Base Pr1me" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> second that ...
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Christer Solskogen <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Ywe Cærlyn <email@ywecærlyn.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Well I have introduced myself then.
> > >
> > > Maybe I will write some more posts at a later time.
> > >

> > I have a suggestion. Don't.
> >
> > --
> > chs

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

x9p-2
3rd

> second that ...
>
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 9:47 AM, Christer Solskogen <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Ywe Cærlyn <email@ywecærlyn.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Well I have introduced myself then.
>> >
>> > Maybe I will write some more posts at a later time.
>> >

>> I have a suggestion. Don't.
>>
>> --
>> chs

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Eivind Eide-2
>> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 3:55 PM, Ywe Cærlyn <email@ywecærlyn.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Well I have introduced myself then.

To make it clear: No name anywhere like the probably pure fantasy name
of this specimen have ever been held by any human, pixie, faery, troll
or any other entity in Norway, nor in any other scandinavian or nordic
country.

--

Eivind Eide

"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
- Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn-2
The thread descends into Querulus Paranoid state after a simple
introduction? Not good.

My profile on my youtube channel is about me, for those wanting to know
me, and there will be more content there, full audio/video media wise,
since I am indeed trying to do what I am saying. And which also says "No
GNU-Zealots".

I changed name from the amigamusician-bit related name to "Nodemeister
Of Üccüg" aswell.

Particulary something I am thinking about ATM, is optimal
respresentation of pixels, pr pixel, thinking of screen rendering and
things like that, and using graphics hardware for something useful. Not
games.

So if anyone wants to do some benignant hacking, my suggestion is to
implement a mode like this, in the relelvant area of work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dx6dbiTm8w

Peaceful Salutations.

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Flipchan
Be fkn simple
1:what do you want
2: why is it openbsd related ?

Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev

Re: Hellos from the Lands of Norway.

Ywe Cærlyn-2
Are you deaf and mute, boy? Enigmatic knowledge of backwardness? Fires?
Keep talking and you´ll have that.

Den 11/26/2017 00:10, skrev flipchan:

> Be fkn simple
> 1:what do you want
> 2: why is it openbsd related ?
>
> On November 25, 2017 5:51:45 PM GMT+01:00, "Ywe Cærlyn"
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     The thread descends into Querulus Paranoid state after a simple
>     introduction? Not good.
>
>     My profile on my youtube channel is about me, for those wanting to know
>     me, and there will be more content there, full audio/video media wise,
>     since I am indeed trying to do what I am saying. And which also says "No
>     GNU-Zealots".
>
>     I changed name from the amigamusician-bit related name to "Nodemeister
>     Of Üccüg" aswell.
>
>     Particulary something I am thinking about ATM, is optimal
>     respresentation of pixels, pr pixel, thinking of screen rendering and
>     things like that, and using graphics hardware for something useful. Not
>     games.
>
>     So if anyone wants to do some benignant hacking, my suggestion is to
>     implement a mode like this, in the relelvant area of work:
>     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dx6dbiTm8w
>
>     Peaceful Salutations.
>

> --
> Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev

12