Hardware support for PowerMac G5 11,2

N. S. Montanaro
Hi,

I recently came into possession of a PowerMac G5 11,2. I installed OpenBSD on it but wanted to know if anyone could give insight as to the hardware support or if any additional configuration is required for the hardware.

I know nVidia driver support is limited but this particular model has a 7800GT in it, which I thought would be supported by nv. However, X doesn't seem to properly detect it by default. Additionally I get a "too many fans" message at boot and the fans seem to run louder than normal when compared to OS X 10.4.

Thanks.