Hardware screen rotation on the Zaurus

E. Rosten-2
Hi,

Is anyone looking at setting up the display hardware on the Zaurus to
rotate the screen in to landscape mode? I had a search for it, but I
didn't find anything about how to do it.

If no one's looking at it, then I'll make a start on it, but I don't want
to start duplicating other people's work. If this is the case, then if
anyone has any useful tips/info relating to this bit of hardware, then I'd
love to hear them

-Ed

--
(You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)       (er258)(@)(eng.cam)(.ac.uk)

/d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
{moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}
for /s 15 d f pop 240 420 m 0 1 3 { 4 2 1 r sub -1 r show } for showpage

Re: Hardware screen rotation on the Zaurus

asmith-4
Ed,

Metthieu Herbb mentioned that some work was going on to implement xrandr on
the frame buffer driver for X. As far as I'm aware that is all that is going
on.

I provided a touch screen rotation patch some time ago as a proof of concept
to show the better alternative to attempting to scale at the wsmouse layer.
Full details can be found in that posting but essentially by rotating at the
touch screen driver layer you can avoid the scaling issues that are present
in translating the co-ordinates using the ws driver rotation options.

-Andy