Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Aaron Mason
All

I'm looking for a 1U appliance that I can re-purpose into a firewall
using OpenBSD.  I've tried the near-free method by using an old Lacie
Ethernet Disk appliance I had lying around, but it turns out the
onboard SATA chipset is toast on this particular unit (it freezes at
CDBOOT when it detects hard drives and the BIOS freezes when I set it
to IDE mode with drives attached, plus it only has one onboard NIC and
one PCI slot, so I can't install another SATA card without removing
the other NIC I installed), so I'm looking for other options that fit
a limited budget.

The most important criteria are that it must be 1U and it must fit
within a 420mm (~16.5") space (for reasons I will explain below).  I
have a couple of Sun Netra X1s that meet the need, but I can't push
more than ~60mbps over the onboard FE ports and they run quite hot to
the point of causing kernel panics.

For a bit of context - I manage network and systems for a group that
run regular LAN parties at a local university, and our network
infrastructure lives in a 4RU flight case (with 420mm between the
front and rear vertical rails) currently occupied by three HP
switches.  We're currently using a Sun V20Z (admittedly running
pfSense, a decision made before I took over) but it's rather
cumbersome to carry along with three Dell 1950s (two VM hosts and a
Steam cache) and a Dell 2950 (NAS, provides iSCSI to VM hosts).  We
don't usually get more than 35 players and we don't do any complex
filtering on the firewall.

I've been considering looking at old firewall appliances like Nokias,
Sonicwalls, Watchguards or Barracudas - has anyone had any luck with
getting OpenBSD on any of those or other such appliances?

Gigabit ports would be nice (the university finally bought gigabit PoE
switches) but will accept Fast Ethernet if my budget says no.

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Alex McWhirter
I've had good luck with Sun Netra X1's. I use them for pretty much every
firewall / router I need. I prefer the 500mhz model as it seems to be
able to handle a full 100mbit link on both nics simultaneously.

On 2016-12-15, Aaron Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All
>
> I'm looking for a 1U appliance that I can re-purpose into a firewall
> using OpenBSD.  I've tried the near-free method by using an old Lacie
> Ethernet Disk appliance I had lying around, but it turns out the
> onboard SATA chipset is toast on this particular unit (it freezes at
> CDBOOT when it detects hard drives and the BIOS freezes when I set it
> to IDE mode with drives attached, plus it only has one onboard NIC and
> one PCI slot, so I can't install another SATA card without removing
> the other NIC I installed), so I'm looking for other options that fit
> a limited budget.
>
> The most important criteria are that it must be 1U and it must fit
> within a 420mm (~16.5") space (for reasons I will explain below).  I
> have a couple of Sun Netra X1s that meet the need, but I can't push
> more than ~60mbps over the onboard FE ports and they run quite hot to
> the point of causing kernel panics.
>
> For a bit of context - I manage network and systems for a group that
> run regular LAN parties at a local university, and our network
> infrastructure lives in a 4RU flight case (with 420mm between the
> front and rear vertical rails) currently occupied by three HP
> switches.  We're currently using a Sun V20Z (admittedly running
> pfSense, a decision made before I took over) but it's rather
> cumbersome to carry along with three Dell 1950s (two VM hosts and a
> Steam cache) and a Dell 2950 (NAS, provides iSCSI to VM hosts).  We
> don't usually get more than 35 players and we don't do any complex
> filtering on the firewall.
>
> I've been considering looking at old firewall appliances like Nokias,
> Sonicwalls, Watchguards or Barracudas - has anyone had any luck with
> getting OpenBSD on any of those or other such appliances?
>
> Gigabit ports would be nice (the university finally bought gigabit PoE
> switches) but will accept Fast Ethernet if my budget says no.

IMHO, you can get a fairly useful decent second-hand machine for a low
enough price that it's not worth the hassle repurposing or using something
from before GE was common, they're going to be more hassle to get working,
and old enough that you may well run into things failing through age.

How about a Dell R210 or an R210 II off ebay? 400mm deep, 2 nics onboard,
if you need more ports then dual-port PCIe nics are pretty cheap.
If you want to cut down on weight+noise at the expense of more cost
and a less powerful cpu, maybe APU2 in a 1U case or something like
supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4.

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Ryan Freeman
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:30:31AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> On 2016-12-15, Aaron Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > All
> >
> > I'm looking for a 1U appliance that I can re-purpose into a firewall
> > using OpenBSD.  I've tried the near-free method by using an old Lacie
> > Ethernet Disk appliance I had lying around, but it turns out the
> > onboard SATA chipset is toast on this particular unit (it freezes at
> > CDBOOT when it detects hard drives and the BIOS freezes when I set it
> > to IDE mode with drives attached, plus it only has one onboard NIC and
> > one PCI slot, so I can't install another SATA card without removing
> > the other NIC I installed), so I'm looking for other options that fit
> > a limited budget.
> >
> > The most important criteria are that it must be 1U and it must fit
> > within a 420mm (~16.5") space (for reasons I will explain below).  I
> > have a couple of Sun Netra X1s that meet the need, but I can't push
> > more than ~60mbps over the onboard FE ports and they run quite hot to
> > the point of causing kernel panics.
> >
> > For a bit of context - I manage network and systems for a group that
> > run regular LAN parties at a local university, and our network
> > infrastructure lives in a 4RU flight case (with 420mm between the
> > front and rear vertical rails) currently occupied by three HP
> > switches.  We're currently using a Sun V20Z (admittedly running
> > pfSense, a decision made before I took over) but it's rather
> > cumbersome to carry along with three Dell 1950s (two VM hosts and a
> > Steam cache) and a Dell 2950 (NAS, provides iSCSI to VM hosts).  We
> > don't usually get more than 35 players and we don't do any complex
> > filtering on the firewall.
> >
> > I've been considering looking at old firewall appliances like Nokias,
> > Sonicwalls, Watchguards or Barracudas - has anyone had any luck with
> > getting OpenBSD on any of those or other such appliances?
> >
> > Gigabit ports would be nice (the university finally bought gigabit PoE
> > switches) but will accept Fast Ethernet if my budget says no.
>
> IMHO, you can get a fairly useful decent second-hand machine for a low
> enough price that it's not worth the hassle repurposing or using something
> from before GE was common, they're going to be more hassle to get working,
> and old enough that you may well run into things failing through age.
>
> How about a Dell R210 or an R210 II off ebay? 400mm deep, 2 nics onboard,
> if you need more ports then dual-port PCIe nics are pretty cheap.
> If you want to cut down on weight+noise at the expense of more cost
> and a less powerful cpu, maybe APU2 in a 1U case or something like
> supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4.

I can second that :-).  I have a Sunfire v120 w/dual 100mbit nics, but
had to stop using it as large amounts of throughput was causing panics
I couldn't figure out + keep housemates happy.

I ended up with a Dell R210 and couldn't be happier.  It has been 100%
stable since installation almost exactly a year ago now.

FWIW -- noise was almost unbearable with the sunfire v120, but the r210
is actually nicely quiet.  The fans spin down and I rarely hear it, it
blends in with the 24 port gigabit poe switch I have.

Cheers,
-ryan

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Jack Peirce
On 2016-12-15, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you want to
cut down on weight+noise at the expense of more cost
> and a less powerful
cpu, maybe APU2 in a 1U case or something like
> supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4.

can second this recommendation, it's what I use at home.

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Hrvoje Popovski
On 15.12.2016. 12:30, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> If you want to cut down on weight+noise at the expense of more cost
> and a less powerful cpu, maybe APU2 in a 1U case or something like
> supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4.

has anyone dmesg from SYS-5018A-FTN4 box? i'm interesting in intel qat

thank you ...

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Bryan Vyhmeister-3
On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 07:51:40PM +0100, Hrvoje Popovski wrote:
> On 15.12.2016. 12:30, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > If you want to cut down on weight+noise at the expense of more cost
> > and a less powerful cpu, maybe APU2 in a 1U case or something like
> > supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4.
>
> has anyone dmesg from SYS-5018A-FTN4 box? i'm interesting in intel qat

There is no support for Intel QAT (sometimes called Quick Assist) in
OpenBSD and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Some support is
supposedly coming to FreeBSD (by way of pfSense and some commerical
sponsorship or something) but I have not seen anything recently about
that.

Because Intel QAT is not supported, it is better to use one of the
Supermicro A1SAi boards (for the slight speed increase) rather than the
A1SRi-2758F that comes in the SYS-5018A-FTN4. The A1SRi boards do work
fine though.

I put together my own systems like this which only takes a few minutes
with Supermicro parts. I use the same case which is the Supermicro
CSE-505-203B, a few Noctua 40mm fans (which are much quieter and
probably not necessary), and then one of the A1SAi-2750F, A1SAi-2550F,
A1SRM-LN7F-2758F, A1SRM-LN7F-2358F, A1SRi-2758F, or A1SRi-2558F. I also
have a few A1SAM-2550F boards but those are not booting from USB sticks
for some reason. All of the others above work just fine. All that's left
is some sort of storage (like a 64GB SanDisk SSD, Supermicro SuperDom,
or USB stick with resflash) and memory (I use Kingston ECC SO-DIMMs) and
it works great. I have quite a few of these at tower sites, datacenter
installations, and as home and business routers. As a bonus, all of the
above can be powered directly from 12V if you want to wire them up that
way. I have started doing that at DC sites and to run from batteries.

Where portability is needed, the CSE-505-203B fits great in any of the
SKB short depth cases like hte SKB R4S or R6S.

Below is a dmesg for the A1SRi-2758F. This particular router is running
BGP, OSPF, and CARP on the inside as well as DNS and DHCP. It is running
5.8 so not the most recent (it is due to be upgraded in the next week)
but Intel QAT does show up as:

vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x1f18 (class processor subclass Co-processor, rev 0x02) at pci0 dev 11 function 0 not configured

Bryan

OpenBSD 5.8-stable (GENERIC.MP) #9: Thu May 26 22:05:56 PDT 2016
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 17134739456 (16340MB)
avail mem = 16611545088 (15842MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.8 @ 0x7f4ee000 (53 entries)
bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "1.1" date 01/09/2015
bios0: Supermicro A1SAi
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP FPDT FIDT SPMI MCFG WDAT UEFI APIC BDAT HPET SSDT
acpi0: wakeup devices PEX1(S0) PEX2(S0) PEX3(S0) PEX4(S0) EHC1(S0)
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-255
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2400.45 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu0: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 99MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.0.0.0.0.3, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu1: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu1: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu1: smt 0, core 1, package 0
cpu2 at mainbus0: apid 4 (application processor)
cpu2: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu2: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu2: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu2: smt 0, core 2, package 0
cpu3 at mainbus0: apid 6 (application processor)
cpu3: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu3: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu3: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 0, core 3, package 0
cpu4 at mainbus0: apid 8 (application processor)
cpu4: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu4: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu4: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu4: smt 0, core 4, package 0
cpu5 at mainbus0: apid 10 (application processor)
cpu5: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu5: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu5: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu5: smt 0, core 5, package 0
cpu6 at mainbus0: apid 12 (application processor)
cpu6: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu6: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu6: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu6: smt 0, core 6, package 0
cpu7 at mainbus0: apid 14 (application processor)
cpu7: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C2758 @ 2.40GHz, 2399.99 MHz
cpu7: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu7: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu7: smt 0, core 7, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
acpihpet0 at acpi0: 14318179 Hz
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (PEX1)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (BR04)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (PEX2)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 4 (PEX3)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus -1 (PEX4)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu4 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu5 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu6 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu7 at acpi0: C2(350@41 mwait.3@0x51), C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 2400 MHz: speeds: 2400, 2300, 2200, 2100, 2000, 1900, 1800, 1700, 1600, 1500, 1400, 1300, 1200 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 Host" rev 0x02
ppb0 at pci0 dev 1 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
ppb1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "ASPEED Technology AST1150 PCI" rev 0x03
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
vga1 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "ASPEED Technology AST2000" rev 0x30
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
ppb2 at pci0 dev 2 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
xhci0 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 "Renesas uPD720201 xHCI" rev 0x03: msi
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Renesas xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb3 at pci0 dev 3 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 PCIE" rev 0x02: msi
pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
vendor "Intel", unknown product 0x1f18 (class processor subclass Co-processor, rev 0x02) at pci0 dev 11 function 0 not configured
pchb1 at pci0 dev 14 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 RAS" rev 0x02
"Intel Atom C2000 RCEC" rev 0x02 at pci0 dev 15 function 0 not configured
"Intel Atom C2000 SMBus" rev 0x02 at pci0 dev 19 function 0 not configured
em0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel I354 SGMII" rev 0x03: msi, address 00:25:90:12:34:01
em1 at pci0 dev 20 function 1 "Intel I354 SGMII" rev 0x03: msi, address 00:25:90:12:34:02
em2 at pci0 dev 20 function 2 "Intel I354 SGMII" rev 0x03: msi, address 00:25:90:12:34:03
em3 at pci0 dev 20 function 3 "Intel I354 SGMII" rev 0x03: msi, address 00:25:90:12:34:04
ehci0 at pci0 dev 22 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 USB" rev 0x02: apic 2 int 23
usb1 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ahci0 at pci0 dev 23 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 AHCI" rev 0x02: msi, AHCI 1.3
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
ahci1 at pci0 dev 24 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 AHCI" rev 0x02: msi, AHCI 1.3
ahci1: port 0: 6.0Gb/s
ahci1: port 1: 6.0Gb/s
scsibus2 at ahci1: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus2 targ 0 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk SDSSDP06, 3.1.> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.5001b44a4979f1c3
sd0: 60103MB, 512 bytes/sector, 123091920 sectors, thin
sd1 at scsibus2 targ 1 lun 0: <ATA, SanDisk SDSSDP06, 3.1.> SCSI3 0/direct fixed naa.5001b44a4979f630
sd1: 60103MB, 512 bytes/sector, 123091920 sectors, thin
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel Atom C2000 PCU" rev 0x02
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel Atom C2000 PCU SMBus" rev 0x02: apic 2 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
sdtemp0 at iic0 addr 0x18: stts2002
sdtemp1 at iic0 addr 0x19: stts2002
sdtemp2 at iic0 addr 0x1a: stts2002
iic0: addr 0x1b 00=00 01=00 02=00 03=00 04=00 05=c3 06=1b 07=0a 08=00 09=00 0a=00 0b=00 0c=00 0d=00 0e=00 0f=00 words 00=007f 01=0000 02=0000 03=0000 04=0000 05=c31a 06=1b09 07=0a01
iic0: addr 0x2e 00=3d words 00=3d3d 01=0000 02=0000 03=0000 04=0000 05=0000 06=0000 07=0000
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM ECC PC3-12800 with thermal sensor
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM ECC PC3-12800 with thermal sensor
spdmem2 at iic0 addr 0x52: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM ECC PC3-12800 with thermal sensor
spdmem3 at iic0 addr 0x53: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM ECC PC3-12800 with thermal sensor
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pms0 at pckbc0 (aux slot)
wsmouse0 at pms0 mux 0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
uhub2 at uhub1 port 1 "Intel product 0x07db" rev 2.00/0.02 addr 2
uhub3 at uhub2 port 3 "ATEN International product 0x7000" rev 2.00/0.00 addr 3
uhidev0 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "ATEN International product 0x2419" rev 1.10/1.00 addr 4
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd0 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "ATEN International product 0x2419" rev 1.10/1.00 addr 4
uhidev1: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev1: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums0 mux 0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
sd2 at scsibus4 targ 1 lun 0: <OPENBSD, SR RAID 1, 005> SCSI2 0/direct fixed
sd2: 32772MB, 512 bytes/sector, 67118978 sectors
root on sd2a (41c7decf4a0660d2.a) swap on sd2b dump on sd2b

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

jordon-7
About a year ago i replaced my Soekris net5501 with the following system:
   Supermicro A1SAi-2550F (4 core Atom with 4 NICS + IPMI)
   Supermicro SC505-203B (1U case where the back of the mob comes out the
front)
   Kingston KVR16LSE11/4 (4GB SO-DIMM)

I also used a SATA-DOM because I was going for low power, but a USB flash
drive would work and be a lot cheaper.
Under normal usage, it pulls about 15 watts.

I have been running pfSense on it with no problems.
I also have the 8-core version of this board (2750) in my NAS which is running
FreeNAS.
I’m pretty sure that at some point while testing these boards, I ran OpenBSD
on them without any issues.

Those last families of Atoms are a bit underrated in my book.

Jordon

On 15.12.2016. 20:45, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> There is no support for Intel QAT (sometimes called Quick Assist) in
> OpenBSD and that's not likely to change anytime soon. Some support is
> supposedly coming to FreeBSD (by way of pfSense and some commerical
> sponsorship or something) but I have not seen anything recently about
> that.

tnx for dmesg and info ...

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

OpenBSD lists
Jordon wrote:

> About a year ago i replaced my Soekris net5501 with the following system:
>     Supermicro A1SAi-2550F (4 core Atom with 4 NICS + IPMI)
>     Supermicro SC505-203B (1U case where the back of the mob comes out the
> front)
>     Kingston KVR16LSE11/4 (4GB SO-DIMM)
>
> I also used a SATA-DOM because I was going for low power, but a USB flash
> drive would work and be a lot cheaper.
> Under normal usage, it pulls about 15 watts.
>
> I have been running pfSense on it with no problems.
> I also have the 8-core version of this board (2750) in my NAS which is running
> FreeNAS.
> I’m pretty sure that at some point while testing these boards, I ran OpenBSD
> on them without any issues.
>
> Those last families of Atoms are a bit underrated in my book.
>
> Jordon

I recently replaced a pair of Soekris 6501's (BIOSes on both went blank)
with some SuperMicro X11SBA-LN4F-O boards, SATA-DOM-064s, the
CSE505-203B and 4 GB 1600 Mhz DRR3 sticks.

Draws so little power that it looks like the Power Supply is wasting
more in the AC-DC conversion process than the system itself is using.
Considering replacing it with a 60w 12v power adapter like some of the
other systems use.

Memory latency is very low and very consistent since the CPU cores and
the memory run at the same frequency.

I was considering the A1SAi-2550F, but these were cheaper, lower power,
had a shorter time to ship, and don't have the Intel Management Engine
in them.

Only problem is that most of the sensors don't seem to be supported:

# sysctl hw.sensors
hw.sensors.cpu0.temp0=39.00 degC
hw.sensors.acpitz0.temp0=26.80 degC (zone temperature)
#

dmesg / pcidump / dmidecode:

OpenBSD 6.0 (GENERIC.MP) #2319: Tue Jul 26 13:00:43 MDT 2016
     [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
real mem = 8482304000 (8089MB)
avail mem = 8220753920 (7839MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.8 @ 0xecef0 (58 entries)
bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "1.0" date 08/25/2015
bios0: Supermicro Super Server
acpi0 at bios0: rev 2
acpi0: sleep states S0 S3 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC FPDT FIDT SPMI MCFG SSDT SSDT SSDT UEFI
LPIT CSRT
acpi0: wakeup devices XHC1(S4) HDEF(S4) PXSX(S4) RP01(S4) PXSX(S4)
RP02(S4) PXSX(S4) RP03(S4) PXSX(S4) RP04(S4) BRCM(S0) BRC1(S0) PWRB(S4)
cpu0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz, 1600.46 MHz
cpu0:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu0: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 79MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64, C-substates=0.2.0.0.0.0.3.3, IBE
cpu1 at mainbus0: apid 2 (application processor)
cpu1: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz, 1600.00 MHz
cpu2: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz, 1600.00 MHz
cpu3: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz, 1600.00 MHz
cpu3:
FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,PCLMUL,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,DEADLINE,AES,RDRAND,NXE,LONG,LAHF,3DNOWP,PERF,ITSC,SMEP,ERMS,SENSOR,ARAT
cpu3: 1MB 64b/line 16-way L2 cache
cpu3: smt 0, core 3, package 0
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 1 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 115 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-255
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (RP01)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 2 (RP02)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 3 (RP03)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 4 (BR19)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 5 (BR1A)
acpiprt6 at acpi0: bus 6 (BR1B)
acpiprt7 at acpi0: bus 7 (BR1C)
acpiprt8 at acpi0: bus 9 (RP04)
acpiprt9 at acpi0: bus 10 (BR16)
acpiec0 at acpi0: not present
acpicpu0 at acpi0
C2: state 6: substate 8 >= num 3
C3: state 7: substate 4 >= num 3: C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu1 at acpi0
C2: state 6: substate 8 >= num 3
C3: state 7: substate 4 >= num 3: C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu2 at acpi0
C2: state 6: substate 8 >= num 3
C3: state 7: substate 4 >= num 3: C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpicpu3 at acpi0
C2: state 6: substate 8 >= num 3
C3: state 7: substate 4 >= num 3: C1(1000@1 mwait.1), PSS
acpipwrres0 at acpi0: CLK0, resource for CAMD
acpipwrres1 at acpi0: CLK0, resource for CAM1
acpipwrres2 at acpi0: CLK1, resource for CAM2, CAM3
acpipwrres3 at acpi0: USBC, resource for XHC1
acpipwrres4 at acpi0: FN00, resource for FAN0
acpitz0 at acpi0: critical temperature is 95 degC
"PNP0501" at acpi0 not configured
"PNP0501" at acpi0 not configured
"IPI0001" at acpi0 not configured
"INT33F7" at acpi0 not configured
"INT33BE" at acpi0 not configured
"INTCF1C" at acpi0 not configured
acpibtn0 at acpi0: SLPB
"PNP0C0B" at acpi0 not configured
acpivideo0 at acpi0: GFX0
acpivout0 at acpivideo0: DD1F
ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
cpu0: Enhanced SpeedStep 1600 MHz: speeds: 1601, 1600, 1520, 1440, 1360,
1280, 1200, 1120, 1040, 960, 880, 800, 720, 640, 560, 480 MHz
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel Braswell Host" rev 0x21
ahci0 at pci0 dev 19 function 0 "Intel Braswell AHCI" rev 0x21: msi,
AHCI 1.3.1
ahci0: PHY offline on port 0
ahci0: port 1: 6.0Gb/s
scsibus1 at ahci0: 32 targets
sd0 at scsibus1 targ 1 lun 0: <ATA, SATA SSD, S9FM> SCSI3 0/direct fixed
t10.ATA_SATA_SSD_67F40762132400182421
sd0: 61057MB, 512 bytes/sector, 125045424 sectors, thin
xhci0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0 "Intel Braswell xHCI" rev 0x21: msi
usb0 at xhci0: USB revision 3.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel xHCI root hub" rev 3.00/1.00 addr 1
"Intel Braswell TXE" rev 0x21 at pci0 dev 26 function 0 not configured
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel Braswell PCIE" rev 0x21: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
ppb1 at pci0 dev 28 function 1 "Intel Braswell PCIE" rev 0x21: msi
pci2 at ppb1 bus 2
em0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I210" rev 0x03: msi, address
0c:c4:7a:7f:84:a8
ppb2 at pci0 dev 28 function 2 "Intel Braswell PCIE" rev 0x21: msi
pci3 at ppb2 bus 3
ppb3 at pci3 dev 0 function 0 vendor "Pericom", unknown product 0x2608
rev 0x00
pci4 at ppb3 bus 4
ppb4 at pci4 dev 1 function 0 vendor "Pericom", unknown product 0x2608
rev 0x00: msi
pci5 at ppb4 bus 5
em1 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I210" rev 0x03: msi, address
0c:c4:7a:7f:84:a9
ppb5 at pci4 dev 2 function 0 vendor "Pericom", unknown product 0x2608
rev 0x00: msi
pci6 at ppb5 bus 6
em2 at pci6 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I210" rev 0x03: msi, address
0c:c4:7a:7f:84:aa
ppb6 at pci4 dev 3 function 0 vendor "Pericom", unknown product 0x2608
rev 0x00: msi
pci7 at ppb6 bus 7
em3 at pci7 dev 0 function 0 "Intel I210" rev 0x03: msi, address
0c:c4:7a:7f:84:ab
ppb7 at pci4 dev 4 function 0 vendor "Pericom", unknown product 0x2608
rev 0x00: msi
pci8 at ppb7 bus 8
ppb8 at pci0 dev 28 function 3 "Intel Braswell PCIE" rev 0x21: msi
pci9 at ppb8 bus 9
ppb9 at pci9 dev 0 function 0 "ASPEED Technology AST1150 PCI" rev 0x03
pci10 at ppb9 bus 10
vga1 at pci10 dev 0 function 0 "ASPEED Technology AST2000" rev 0x30
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel Braswell PCU LPC" rev 0x21
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel Braswell SMBus" rev 0x21: apic
1 int 18
iic0 at ichiic0
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 SO-DIMM
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800 SO-DIMM
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
com1 at isa0 port 0x2f8/8 irq 3: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
uhub1 at uhub0 port 1 "ATEN International product 0x7000" rev 1.10/1.00
addr 2
uhidev0 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "Microsoft
Natural\M-. Ergonomic Key" rev 2.00/1.73 addr 3
uhidev0: iclass 3/1
ukbd0 at uhidev0: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd0 at ukbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
uhidev1 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "Microsoft
Natural\M-. Ergonomic Key" rev 2.00/1.73 addr 3
uhidev1: iclass 3/0, 1 report id
uhid0 at uhidev1 reportid 1: input=7, output=0, feature=0
uhidev2 at uhub1 port 1 configuration 1 interface 2 "Microsoft
Natural\M-. Ergonomic Key" rev 2.00/1.73 addr 3
uhidev2: iclass 3/1
ums0 at uhidev2: 5 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse0 at ums0 mux 0
uhub2 at uhub0 port 5 "Genesys Logic USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/32.98 addr 4
uhub3 at uhub2 port 2 "Genesys Logic USB2.0 Hub" rev 2.00/32.98 addr 5
uhub4 at uhub3 port 2 "ATEN International product 0x7000" rev 2.00/0.00
addr 6
uhidev3 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0 "ATEN International
product 0x2419" rev 1.10/1.00 addr 7
uhidev3: iclass 3/1
ukbd1 at uhidev3: 8 variable keys, 6 key codes
wskbd1 at ukbd1 mux 1
wskbd1: connecting to wsdisplay0
uhidev4 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 1 "ATEN International
product 0x2419" rev 1.10/1.00 addr 7
uhidev4: iclass 3/1
ums1 at uhidev4: 3 buttons, Z dir
wsmouse1 at ums1 mux 0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus3 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus4 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on sd0a (e43b3cd2455b6239.a) swap on sd0b dump on sd0b

# export PKG_PATH=http://packager/pub/`uname -s`/`uname
-r`/packages/`uname -p`/
# pkg_add pciutils dmidecode
quirks-2.241 signed on 2016-07-26T16:56:10Z
quirks-2.241: ok
pciutils-3.3.1: ok
dmidecode-3.0: ok
# pcidump -vvv
Domain /dev/pci0:
  0:0:0: Intel Braswell Host
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2280
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0000
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 00
         0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 0000 Product ID: 0000
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: 00 Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
  0:19:0: Intel Braswell AHCI
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 22a3
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 02b0
         0x0008: Class: 01 Subclass: 06 Interface: 01 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 00
         0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x0000f020/0x0020
         0x0024: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81711000/0x00000800
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 0891
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0070: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x00a8: Capability 0x12: SATA
  0:20:0: Intel Braswell xHCI
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 22b5
         0x0004: Command: 0006 Status: 0290
         0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 03 Interface: 30 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 00
         0x0010: BAR mem 64bit addr: 0x0000000081700000/0x00010000
         0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 0891
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0070: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
  0:26:0: Intel Braswell TXE
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2298
         0x0004: Command: 0106 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 10 Subclass: 80 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81200000/0x00100000
         0x0014: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81100000/0x00100000
         0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 0891
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 05 Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0080: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x00a0: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
  0:28:0: Intel Braswell PCIE
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 22c8
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 81 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 1 Subordinate Bus: 1
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: f0 I/O Limit: 00 Secondary Status: 2000
         0x0020: Memory Base: fff0 Memory Limit: 0000
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x0 / x1
         0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0090: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00a0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
  0:28:1: Intel Braswell PCIE
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 22ca
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 81 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 2 Subordinate Bus: 2
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: e0 I/O Limit: e0 Secondary Status: 2000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8160 Memory Limit: 8160
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 02 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
         0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0090: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00a0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
  0:28:2: Intel Braswell PCIE
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 22cc
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 81 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 3 Subordinate Bus: 8
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: a0 I/O Limit: c0 Secondary Status: 2000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8130 Memory Limit: 8150
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 03 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 5.0 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
         0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0090: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00a0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
  0:28:3: Intel Braswell PCIE
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 22ce
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 81 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 0 Secondary Bus: 9 Subordinate Bus: 10
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: d0 I/O Limit: d0 Secondary Status: 2000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8000 Memory Limit: 8100
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 04 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0018
         0x0040: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
         0x0080: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0090: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00a0: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
  0:31:0: Intel Braswell PCU LPC
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 229c
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0210
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 01 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 80 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 00
         0x0010: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 0891
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: 00 Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x00e0: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
  0:31:3: Intel Braswell SMBus
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 2292
         0x0004: Command: 0003 Status: 0290
         0x0008: Class: 0c Subclass: 05 Interface: 00 Revision: 21
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 00
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81710000/0x00000020
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR io addr: 0x0000f000/0x0020
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 0891
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 02 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0050: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
  2:0:0: Intel I210
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 1533
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 02 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81600000/0x00080000
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x0000e000/0x0020
         0x001c: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81680000/0x00004000
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 1533
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0050: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0070: Capability 0x11: Extended Message Signaled Interrupts
(MSI-X)
         0x00a0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  3:0:0: Pericom unknown
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 12d8 Product ID: 2608
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 00
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 3 Secondary Bus: 4 Subordinate Bus: 8
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: a1 I/O Limit: c1 Secondary Status: 0000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8130 Memory Limit: 8150
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x005c: Capability 0x03: Vital Product Data (VPD)
         0x0064: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
         0x00b0: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00c0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 5.0 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  4:1:0: Pericom unknown
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 12d8 Product ID: 2608
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 00
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 4 Secondary Bus: 5 Subordinate Bus: 5
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: c1 I/O Limit: c1 Secondary Status: 0000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8150 Memory Limit: 8150
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x004c: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0064: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
         0x00b0: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00c0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  4:2:0: Pericom unknown
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 12d8 Product ID: 2608
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 00
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 4 Secondary Bus: 6 Subordinate Bus: 6
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: b1 I/O Limit: b1 Secondary Status: 0000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8140 Memory Limit: 8140
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x004c: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0064: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
         0x00b0: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00c0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  4:3:0: Pericom unknown
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 12d8 Product ID: 2608
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 00
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 4 Secondary Bus: 7 Subordinate Bus: 7
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: a1 I/O Limit: a1 Secondary Status: 0000
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8130 Memory Limit: 8130
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x004c: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0064: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
         0x00b0: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00c0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  4:4:0: Pericom unknown
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 12d8 Product ID: 2608
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 00
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 4 Secondary Bus: 8 Subordinate Bus: 8
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 00
         0x001c: I/O Base: f1 I/O Limit: 01 Secondary Status: 0000
         0x0020: Memory Base: fff0 Memory Limit: 0000
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 00ff I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: ff Bridge Control: 0010
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x004c: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0064: Capability 0x09: Vendor Specific
         0x00b0: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
         0x00c0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 5.0 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  5:0:0: Intel I210
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 1533
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 02 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81500000/0x00080000
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x0000c000/0x0020
         0x001c: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81580000/0x00004000
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 1533
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0050: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0070: Capability 0x11: Extended Message Signaled Interrupts
(MSI-X)
         0x00a0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  6:0:0: Intel I210
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 1533
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 02 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81400000/0x00080000
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x0000b000/0x0020
         0x001c: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81480000/0x00004000
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 1533
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0050: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0070: Capability 0x11: Extended Message Signaled Interrupts
(MSI-X)
         0x00a0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  7:0:0: Intel I210
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 8086 Product ID: 1533
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 02 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81300000/0x00080000
         0x0014: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x0000a000/0x0020
         0x001c: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81380000/0x00004000
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 1533
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0a Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0050: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0070: Capability 0x11: Extended Message Signaled Interrupts
(MSI-X)
         0x00a0: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
  9:0:0: ASPEED Technology AST1150 PCI
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 1a03 Product ID: 1150
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0010
         0x0008: Class: 06 Subclass: 04 Interface: 00 Revision: 03
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 01 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 10
         0x0010: 00000000
         0x0014: 00000000
         0x0018: Primary Bus: 9 Secondary Bus: 10 Subordinate Bus: 10
                 Secondary Latency Timer: 20
         0x001c: I/O Base: d1 I/O Limit: d1 Secondary Status: 0220
         0x0020: Memory Base: 8000 Memory Limit: 8100
         0x0024: Prefetch Memory Base: fff1 Prefetch Memory Limit: 0001
         0x0028: Prefetch Memory Base Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x002c: Prefetch Memory Limit Upper 32 Bits: 00000000
         0x0030: I/O Base Upper 16 Bits: 0000 I/O Limit Upper 16 Bits: 0000
         0x0038: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 00 Line: 00 Bridge Control: 0018
         0x0050: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
         0x0078: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0080: Capability 0x10: PCI Express
                 Link Speed: 2.5 / 2.5 GT/s Link Width: x1 / x1
         0x00a4: Capability 0x0d: PCI-PCI
  10:0:0: ASPEED Technology AST2000
         0x0000: Vendor ID: 1a03 Product ID: 2000
         0x0004: Command: 0007 Status: 0210
         0x0008: Class: 03 Subclass: 00 Interface: 00 Revision: 30
         0x000c: BIST: 00 Header Type: 00 Latency Timer: 00 Cache Line
Size: 00
         0x0010: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x80000000/0x01000000
         0x0014: BAR mem 32bit addr: 0x81000000/0x00020000
         0x0018: BAR io addr: 0x0000d000/0x0080
         0x001c: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0020: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0024: BAR empty (00000000)
         0x0028: Cardbus CIS: 00000000
         0x002c: Subsystem Vendor ID: 15d9 Product ID: 0891
         0x0030: Expansion ROM Base Address: 00000000
         0x0038: 00000000
         0x003c: Interrupt Pin: 01 Line: 0b Min Gnt: 00 Max Lat: 00
         0x0040: Capability 0x01: Power Management
                 State: D0
         0x0050: Capability 0x05: Message Signaled Interrupts (MSI)
# dmidecode
# dmidecode 3.0
Scanning /dev/mem for entry point.
SMBIOS 2.8 present.
58 structures occupying 2435 bytes.
Table at 0x000ECEF0.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
         Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.
         Version: 1.0
         Release Date: 08/25/2015
         Address: 0xF0000
         Runtime Size: 64 kB
         ROM Size: 16384 kB
         Characteristics:
                 PCI is supported
                 BIOS is upgradeable
                 BIOS shadowing is allowed
                 Boot from CD is supported
                 Selectable boot is supported
                 BIOS ROM is socketed
                 EDD is supported
                 5.25"/1.2 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                 3.5"/720 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                 3.5"/2.88 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                 Print screen service is supported (int 5h)
                 8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
                 Serial services are supported (int 14h)
                 Printer services are supported (int 17h)
                 ACPI is supported
                 USB legacy is supported
                 BIOS boot specification is supported
                 Targeted content distribution is supported
                 UEFI is supported
         BIOS Revision: 5.11

Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
System Information
         Manufacturer: Supermicro
         Product Name: Super Server
         Version: 0123456789
         Serial Number: 0123456789
         UUID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-0CC47A7F84A8
         Wake-up Type: Power Switch
         SKU Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
         Family: To be filled by O.E.M.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
         Manufacturer: Supermicro
         Product Name: X11SBA-LN4F
         Version: 1.02
         Serial Number: ZM15CS013538
         Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.
         Features:
                 Board is a hosting board
                 Board is replaceable
         Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.
         Chassis Handle: 0x0003
         Type: Motherboard
         Contained Object Handles: 0

Handle 0x0003, DMI type 3, 22 bytes
Chassis Information
         Manufacturer: Supermicro
         Type: Main Server Chassis
         Lock: Not Present
         Version: 0123456789
         Serial Number: 0123456789
         Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Boot-up State: Safe
         Power Supply State: Safe
         Thermal State: Safe
         Security Status: None
         OEM Information: 0x00000000
         Height: Unspecified
         Number Of Power Cords: 1
         Contained Elements: 0
         SKU Number: To be filled by O.E.M.

Handle 0x0008, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J1A1
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: PS2Mouse
         External Connector Type: PS/2
         Port Type: Mouse Port

Handle 0x0009, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J1A1
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: Keyboard
         External Connector Type: PS/2
         Port Type: Keyboard Port

Handle 0x000A, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J2A1
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: TV Out
         External Connector Type: Mini Centronics Type-14
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x000B, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J2A2A
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: COM A
         External Connector Type: DB-9 male
         Port Type: Serial Port 16550A Compatible

Handle 0x000C, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J2A2B
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: Video
         External Connector Type: DB-15 female
         Port Type: Video Port

Handle 0x000D, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J3A1
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: USB1
         External Connector Type: Access Bus (USB)
         Port Type: USB

Handle 0x000E, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J3A1
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: USB2
         External Connector Type: Access Bus (USB)
         Port Type: USB

Handle 0x000F, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J3A1
         Internal Connector Type: None
         External Reference Designator: USB3
         External Connector Type: Access Bus (USB)
         Port Type: USB

Handle 0x0010, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9A1 - TPM HDR
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0011, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9C1 - PCIE DOCKING CONN
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0012, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J2B3 - CPU FAN
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0013, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J6C2 - EXT HDMI
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0014, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J3C1 - GMCH FAN
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0015, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J1D1 - ITP
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0016, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9E2 - MDC INTPSR
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0017, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9E4 - MDC INTPSR
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0018, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9E3 - LPC HOT DOCKING
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0019, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9E1 - SCAN MATRIX
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x001A, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J9G1 - LPC SIDE BAND
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x001B, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J8F1 - UNIFIED
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x001C, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J6F1 - LVDS
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x001D, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J2F1 - LAI FAN
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x001E, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J2G1 - GFX VID
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x001F, DMI type 8, 9 bytes
Port Connector Information
         Internal Reference Designator: J1G6 - AC JACK
         Internal Connector Type: Other
         External Reference Designator: Not Specified
         External Connector Type: None
         Port Type: Other

Handle 0x0020, DMI type 9, 17 bytes
System Slot Information
         Designation: CPU SLOT1 PCI-E 2.0 X1 (IN X8)
         Type: x8 PCI Express 3 x16
         Current Usage: Available
         Length: Long
         ID: 0
         Characteristics:
                 3.3 V is provided
                 Opening is shared
                 PME signal is supported
         Bus Address: 0000:01:00.0

Handle 0x0021, DMI type 11, 5 bytes
OEM Strings
         String 1: Intel Braswell processor SoC
         String 2: Supermicro motherboard-X11 Series

Handle 0x0022, DMI type 12, 5 bytes
System Configuration Options
         Option 1: To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Handle 0x0023, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
Physical Memory Array
         Location: System Board Or Motherboard
         Use: System Memory
         Error Correction Type: None
         Maximum Capacity: 8 GB
         Error Information Handle: Not Provided
         Number Of Devices: 2

Handle 0x0024, DMI type 19, 31 bytes
Memory Array Mapped Address
         Starting Address: 0x00000000000
         Ending Address: 0x001FFFFFFFF
         Range Size: 8 GB
         Physical Array Handle: 0x0023
         Partition Width: 2

Handle 0x0025, DMI type 17, 40 bytes
Memory Device
         Array Handle: 0x0023
         Error Information Handle: Not Provided
         Total Width: 64 bits
         Data Width: 64 bits
         Size: 4096 MB
         Form Factor: DIMM
         Set: None
         Locator: SODIMM1
         Bank Locator: P0_Node0_Channel0_Dimm0
         Type: DDR3
         Type Detail: Unknown
         Speed: 1600 MHz
         Manufacturer: Hynix Semiconduc
         Serial Number: 025397A9
         Asset Tag: A1_AssetTagNum0
         Part Number: HMT451S6BFR8A-PB
         Rank: 1
         Configured Clock Speed: 1066 MHz
         Minimum Voltage: 1.35 V
         Maximum Voltage: 1.5 V
         Configured Voltage: 1.35 V

Handle 0x0026, DMI type 20, 35 bytes
Memory Device Mapped Address
         Starting Address: 0x00000000000
         Ending Address: 0x000000003FF
         Range Size: 1 kB
         Physical Device Handle: 0x0025
         Memory Array Mapped Address Handle: 0x0024
         Partition Row Position: 1

Handle 0x0028, DMI type 20, 35 bytes
Memory Device Mapped Address
         Starting Address: 0x00000000000
         Ending Address: 0x000FFFFFFFF
         Range Size: 4 GB
         Physical Device Handle: 0x0027
         Memory Array Mapped Address Handle: 0x0024
         Partition Row Position: Unknown
         Interleave Position: 1
         Interleaved Data Depth: 2

Handle 0x0029, DMI type 16, 23 bytes
Physical Memory Array
         Location: System Board Or Motherboard
         Use: System Memory
         Error Correction Type: None
         Maximum Capacity: 8 GB
         Error Information Handle: Not Provided
         Number Of Devices: 2

Handle 0x002A, DMI type 19, 31 bytes
Memory Array Mapped Address
         Starting Address: 0x00000000000
         Ending Address: 0x000000003FF
         Range Size: 1 kB
         Physical Array Handle: 0x0029
         Partition Width: 0

Handle 0x002B, DMI type 17, 40 bytes
Memory Device
         Array Handle: 0x0029
         Error Information Handle: Not Provided
         Total Width: 64 bits
         Data Width: 64 bits
         Size: 4096 MB
         Form Factor: DIMM
         Set: None
         Locator: SODIMM2
         Bank Locator: P0_Node0_Channel1_Dimm0
         Type: DDR3
         Type Detail: Unknown
         Speed: 1600 MHz
         Manufacturer: Hynix Semiconduc
         Serial Number: 1183FDBD
         Asset Tag: A2_AssetTagNum0
         Part Number: HMT451S6BFR8A-PB
         Rank: 1
         Configured Clock Speed: 1066 MHz
         Minimum Voltage: 1.35 V
         Maximum Voltage: 1.5 V
         Configured Voltage: 1.35 V

Handle 0x002C, DMI type 20, 35 bytes
Memory Device Mapped Address
         Starting Address: 0x00000000000
         Ending Address: 0x000000003FF
         Range Size: 1 kB
         Physical Device Handle: 0x002B
         Memory Array Mapped Address Handle: 0x002A
         Partition Row Position: 1

Handle 0x002E, DMI type 20, 35 bytes
Memory Device Mapped Address
         Starting Address: 0x00100000000
         Ending Address: 0x001FFFFFFFF
         Range Size: 4 GB
         Physical Device Handle: 0x002D
         Memory Array Mapped Address Handle: 0x002A
         Partition Row Position: Unknown
         Interleave Position: 2
         Interleaved Data Depth: 2

Handle 0x002F, DMI type 32, 20 bytes
System Boot Information

Handle 0x0030, DMI type 26, 22 bytes
Voltage Probe
         Location: Power Unit
         Maximum Value: Unknown
         Minimum Value: Unknown
         Resolution: Unknown
         Tolerance: Unknown
         Accuracy: Unknown
         OEM-specific Information: 0x00000000
         Nominal Value: Unknown

Handle 0x0031, DMI type 28, 22 bytes
Temperature Probe
         Location: Power Unit
         Maximum Value: Unknown
         Minimum Value: Unknown
         Resolution: Unknown
         Tolerance: Unknown
         Accuracy: Unknown
         OEM-specific Information: 0x00000000
         Nominal Value: Unknown

Handle 0x0032, DMI type 27, 15 bytes
Cooling Device
         Temperature Probe Handle: 0x0031
         Type: Power Supply Fan

Handle 0x0033, DMI type 29, 22 bytes
Electrical Current Probe
         Location: Power Unit
         Maximum Value: Unknown
         Minimum Value: Unknown
         Resolution: Unknown
         Tolerance: Unknown
         Accuracy: Unknown
         OEM-specific Information: 0x00000000
         Nominal Value: Unknown

Handle 0x0034, DMI type 39, 22 bytes
System Power Supply
         Power Unit Group: 1
         Location: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Name: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Serial Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Model Part Number: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Revision: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
         Max Power Capacity: Unknown
         Type: Switching
         Input Voltage Range Switching: Auto-switch
         Plugged: Yes
         Hot Replaceable: No
         Input Voltage Probe Handle: 0x0030
         Cooling Device Handle: 0x0032
         Input Current Probe Handle: 0x0033

Handle 0x0035, DMI type 41, 11 bytes
Onboard Device
         Reference Designation:  ASPEED Video AST2400
         Type: Video
         Type Instance: 1
         Bus Address: 0000:0a:00.0

Handle 0x0036, DMI type 41, 11 bytes
Onboard Device
         Reference Designation:  Intel Ethernet i210 #1
         Type: Ethernet
         Type Instance: 1
         Bus Address: 0000:02:00.0

Handle 0x0037, DMI type 41, 11 bytes
Onboard Device
         Reference Designation:  Intel Ethernet i210 #2
         Type: Ethernet
         Type Instance: 2
         Bus Address: 0000:05:00.0

Handle 0x0038, DMI type 41, 11 bytes
Onboard Device
         Reference Designation:  Intel Ethernet i210 #3
         Type: Ethernet
         Type Instance: 3
         Bus Address: 0000:06:00.0

Handle 0x0039, DMI type 41, 11 bytes
Onboard Device
         Reference Designation:  Intel Ethernet i210 #4
         Type: Ethernet
         Type Instance: 4
         Bus Address: 0000:07:00.0

Handle 0x003A, DMI type 38, 18 bytes
IPMI Device Information
         Interface Type: KCS (Keyboard Control Style)
         Specification Version: 2.0
         I2C Slave Address: 0x10
         NV Storage Device: Not Present
         Base Address: 0x0000000000000CA2 (I/O)
         Register Spacing: Successive Byte Boundaries

Handle 0x003C, DMI type 7, 19 bytes
Cache Information
         Socket Designation: CPU Internal L1
         Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 1
         Operational Mode: Write Back
         Location: Internal
         Installed Size: 224 kB
         Maximum Size: 224 kB
         Supported SRAM Types:
                 Unknown
         Installed SRAM Type: Unknown
         Speed: Unknown
         Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC
         System Type: Other
         Associativity: Other

Handle 0x003D, DMI type 7, 19 bytes
Cache Information
         Socket Designation: CPU Internal L2
         Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 2
         Operational Mode: Write Back
         Location: Internal
         Installed Size: 2048 kB
         Maximum Size: 2048 kB
         Supported SRAM Types:
                 Unknown
         Installed SRAM Type: Unknown
         Speed: Unknown
         Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC
         System Type: Unified
         Associativity: 16-way Set-associative

Handle 0x003E, DMI type 4, 42 bytes
Processor Information
         Socket Designation: CPU1
         Type: Central Processor
         Family: Pentium
         Manufacturer: Intel
         ID: C3 06 04 00 FF FB EB BF
         Signature: Type 0, Family 6, Model 76, Stepping 3
         Flags:
                 FPU (Floating-point unit on-chip)
                 VME (Virtual mode extension)
                 DE (Debugging extension)
                 PSE (Page size extension)
                 TSC (Time stamp counter)
                 MSR (Model specific registers)
                 PAE (Physical address extension)
                 MCE (Machine check exception)
                 CX8 (CMPXCHG8 instruction supported)
                 APIC (On-chip APIC hardware supported)
                 SEP (Fast system call)
                 MTRR (Memory type range registers)
                 PGE (Page global enable)
                 MCA (Machine check architecture)
                 CMOV (Conditional move instruction supported)
                 PAT (Page attribute table)
                 PSE-36 (36-bit page size extension)
                 CLFSH (CLFLUSH instruction supported)
                 DS (Debug store)
                 ACPI (ACPI supported)
                 MMX (MMX technology supported)
                 FXSR (FXSAVE and FXSTOR instructions supported)
                 SSE (Streaming SIMD extensions)
                 SSE2 (Streaming SIMD extensions 2)
                 SS (Self-snoop)
                 HTT (Multi-threading)
                 TM (Thermal monitor supported)
                 PBE (Pending break enabled)
         Version: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz
         Voltage: 1.2 V
         External Clock: 80 MHz
         Max Speed: 4000 MHz
         Current Speed: 1600 MHz
         Upgrade: Other
         L1 Cache Handle: 0x003C
         L2 Cache Handle: 0x003D
         L3 Cache Handle: Not Provided
         Serial Number: Not Specified
         Asset Tag: Fill By OEM
         Part Number: Fill By OEM
         Core Count: 4
         Core Enabled: 4
         Thread Count: 4
         Characteristics:
                 64-bit capable

Handle 0x003F, DMI type 13, 22 bytes
BIOS Language Information
         Language Description Format: Long
         Installable Languages: 1
                 en|US|iso8859-1
         Currently Installed Language: en|US|iso8859-1

Handle 0x0044, DMI type 127, 4 bytes
End Of Table

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 02:04:04PM -0800, OpenBSD lists wrote:

> I recently replaced a pair of Soekris 6501's (BIOSes on both went blank)
> with some SuperMicro X11SBA-LN4F-O boards, SATA-DOM-064s, the CSE505-203B
> and 4 GB 1600 Mhz DRR3 sticks.
>
> Draws so little power that it looks like the Power Supply is wasting more in
> the AC-DC conversion process than the system itself is using. Considering
> replacing it with a 60w 12v power adapter like some of the other systems
> use.
>
> Memory latency is very low and very consistent since the CPU cores and the
> memory run at the same frequency.
>
> I was considering the A1SAi-2550F, but these were cheaper, lower power, had
> a shorter time to ship, and don't have the Intel Management Engine in them.
>
> Only problem is that most of the sensors don't seem to be supported:
>
> # sysctl hw.sensors
> hw.sensors.cpu0.temp0=39.00 degC
> hw.sensors.acpitz0.temp0=26.80 degC (zone temperature)

I also have three X11SBA-LN4F and two X11SBA-F boards. They also have
the benefit of using mSATA SSDs which most of the Atom C2X5X boards
(except for A1SRM-LN5F/LN7F) do not. They can also run direct from DC.
One of my projects for the new year is get these up and running but I
did notice the same with sensors. Prior to shortly before 6.0, xhci(4)
would fail (I forget the message) and the machine was unusable for
OpenBSD. Now that xhci(4) has been fixed, it works fine.

I asked Supermicro about the 12V voltage range and they said 12V +/- 10%
on A1SAi/A1SRi and 12V +/- 5% on the X11SBA. I was originally planning
on hooking these direct to batteries but decided to use a DC-DC power
supply from mini-box.com which allows hooking to 12V or 24V battery
banks without being worried about voltage changes. I put this in the
CSE-505-203B case in place of the original power supply.

One of my goals is to run performance tests between the A1SAi/A1SRi
boards and the X11SBA.

Bryan

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Aaron Mason
A search on fleabay shows that, in Australia, they still fetch >$300,
out of my price range. :(

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

gwes-2
On 12/15/16 12:07, Ryan Freeman wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 11:30:31AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
>> On 2016-12-15, Aaron Mason <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> All
>>>
>>> I'm looking for a 1U appliance that I can re-purpose into a firewall
>>> using OpenBSD.  I've tried the near-free method by using an old Lacie
>>> Ethernet Disk appliance I had lying around, but it turns out the
>>> onboard SATA chipset is toast on this particular unit (it freezes at
>>> CDBOOT when it detects hard drives and the BIOS freezes when I set it
>>> to IDE mode with drives attached, plus it only has one onboard NIC and
>>> one PCI slot, so I can't install another SATA card without removing
>>> the other NIC I installed), so I'm looking for other options that fit
>>> a limited budget.
>>>
>>> The most important criteria are that it must be 1U and it must fit
>>> within a 420mm (~16.5") space (for reasons I will explain below).  I
>>> have a couple of Sun Netra X1s that meet the need, but I can't push
>>> more than ~60mbps over the onboard FE ports and they run quite hot to
>>> the point of causing kernel panics.

Can you get anything in your price range with a single NIC and USB?
The axe driver seems to work pretty well. I bought a USB GE nic
for under $30 US. It seems to work well on a USB extension cord.
That's what I use for my firewall machine. I haven't tried very hard
but I know it can transfer over 100mb/sec.

Geoff Steckel

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Predrag Punosevac-2
Hrvoje Popovski wrote:

> On 15.12.2016. 12:30, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > If you want to cut down on weight+noise at the expense of more cost
> > and a less powerful cpu, maybe APU2 in a 1U case or something like
> > supermicro SYS-5018A-FTN4.
>
> has anyone dmesg from SYS-5018A-FTN4 box? i'm interesting in intel qat
>
> thank you ...

SYS-5018A-FTN4 are really nice boxes. This one has 16GB of RAM and was
hosting half-dozen of Jail instances on the top of ZFS mirror. Please
see the dmesg bellow. I just got another 16 GB of RAM. You can put up to
64 GB of RAM but it is not cheap due to the size of modules. I am
planning to migrate services to OpenBSD as I am in the process of
purging FreeBSD from our organization. Currently we have 3
SYS-5018A-FTN4 and buying more

This is my favorite Ebay seller and they have lots of nice network
equipment for home, small, and large business.

http://stores.ebay.com/MITXPC/

Best,
Predrag

Copyright (c) 1992-2016 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 10.3-RELEASE-p5 #0: Thu Jun 30 03:52:15 UTC 2016
    [hidden email]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
FreeBSD clang version 3.4.1 (tags/RELEASE_34/dot1-final 208032) 20140512
VT(vga): resolution 640x480
KLD file ipmi.ko is missing dependencies
CPU: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2758  @ 2.40GHz (2400.06-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin="GenuineIntel"  Id=0x406d8  Family=0x6  Model=0x4d  Stepping=8
  Features=0xbfebfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,DTS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE>
  Features2=0x43d8e3bf<SSE3,PCLMULQDQ,DTES64,MON,DS_CPL,VMX,EST,TM2,SSSE3,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,SSE4.1,SSE4.2,MOVBE,POPCNT,TSCDLT,AESNI,RDRAND>
  AMD Features=0x28100800<SYSCALL,NX,RDTSCP,LM>
  AMD Features2=0x101<LAHF,Prefetch>
  Structured Extended Features=0x2282<TSCADJ,SMEP,ERMS,NFPUSG>
  VT-x: PAT,HLT,MTF,PAUSE,EPT,UG,VPID
  TSC: P-state invariant, performance statistics
real memory  = 19327352832 (18432 MB)
avail memory = 16525938688 (15760 MB)
Event timer "LAPIC" quality 600
ACPI APIC Table: <INTEL  TIANO   >
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 8 CPUs
FreeBSD/SMP: 1 package(s) x 8 core(s)
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  2
 cpu2 (AP): APIC ID:  4
 cpu3 (AP): APIC ID:  6
 cpu4 (AP): APIC ID:  8
 cpu5 (AP): APIC ID: 10
 cpu6 (AP): APIC ID: 12
 cpu7 (AP): APIC ID: 14
random: <Software, Yarrow> initialized
ioapic0 <Version 2.0> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (vesa, 0xffffffff80dc6500, 0) error 19
kbd1 at kbdmux0
cryptosoft0: <software crypto> on motherboard
aesni0: <AES-CBC,AES-XTS> on motherboard
acpi0: <ALASKA A M I > on motherboard
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu2: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu3: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu4: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu5: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu6: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu7: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
hpet0: <High Precision Event Timer> iomem 0xfed00000-0xfed003ff on acpi0
Timecounter "HPET" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 950
Event timer "HPET" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 350
Event timer "HPET1" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 340
Event timer "HPET2" frequency 14318180 Hz quality 340
atrtc0: <AT realtime clock> port 0x70-0x77 irq 8 on acpi0
atrtc0: Warning: Couldn't map I/O.
Event timer "RTC" frequency 32768 Hz quality 0
attimer0: <AT timer> port 0x40-0x43,0x50-0x53 irq 0 on acpi0
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
Event timer "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 100
Timecounter "ACPI-safe" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 850
acpi_timer0: <24-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x408-0x40b on acpi0
pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> mem 0xdf2e0000-0xdf2fffff irq 16 at device 1.0 on pci0
pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1
pcib2: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 0.0 on pci1
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0xd000-0xd07f mem 0xde000000-0xdeffffff,0xdf000000-0xdf01ffff irq 16 at device 0.0 on pci2
vgapci0: Boot video device
pcib3: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> mem 0xdf2c0000-0xdf2dffff irq 16 at device 2.0 on pci0
pci3: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
xhci0: <XHCI (generic) USB 3.0 controller> mem 0xdf100000-0xdf101fff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3
xhci0: 64 bytes context size, 32-bit DMA
usbus0 on xhci0
pcib4: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> mem 0xdf2a0000-0xdf2bffff irq 20 at device 3.0 on pci0
pci4: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib4
pci0: <processor> at device 11.0 (no driver attached)
pci0: <base peripheral, IOMMU> at device 15.0 (no driver attached)
igb0: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection, Version - 2.5.3-k> port 0xe080-0xe09f mem 0xdf260000-0xdf27ffff,0xdf30c000-0xdf30ffff irq 20 at device 20.0 on pci0
igb0: Using MSIX interrupts with 9 vectors
igb0: Ethernet address: 0c:c4:7a:68:c9:08
igb0: Bound queue 0 to cpu 0
igb0: Bound queue 1 to cpu 1
igb0: Bound queue 2 to cpu 2
igb0: Bound queue 3 to cpu 3
igb0: Bound queue 4 to cpu 4
igb0: Bound queue 5 to cpu 5
igb0: Bound queue 6 to cpu 6
igb0: Bound queue 7 to cpu 7
igb1: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection, Version - 2.5.3-k> port 0xe060-0xe07f mem 0xdf240000-0xdf25ffff,0xdf308000-0xdf30bfff irq 21 at device 20.1 on pci0
igb1: Using MSIX interrupts with 9 vectors
igb1: Ethernet address: 0c:c4:7a:68:c9:09
igb1: Bound queue 0 to cpu 0
igb1: Bound queue 1 to cpu 1
igb1: Bound queue 2 to cpu 2
igb1: Bound queue 3 to cpu 3
igb1: Bound queue 4 to cpu 4
igb1: Bound queue 5 to cpu 5
igb1: Bound queue 6 to cpu 6
igb1: Bound queue 7 to cpu 7
igb2: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection, Version - 2.5.3-k> port 0xe040-0xe05f mem 0xdf220000-0xdf23ffff,0xdf304000-0xdf307fff irq 22 at device 20.2 on pci0
igb2: Using MSIX interrupts with 9 vectors
igb2: Ethernet address: 0c:c4:7a:68:c9:0a
igb2: Bound queue 0 to cpu 0
igb2: Bound queue 1 to cpu 1
igb2: Bound queue 2 to cpu 2
igb2: Bound queue 3 to cpu 3
igb2: Bound queue 4 to cpu 4
igb2: Bound queue 5 to cpu 5
igb2: Bound queue 6 to cpu 6
igb2: Bound queue 7 to cpu 7
igb3: <Intel(R) PRO/1000 Network Connection, Version - 2.5.3-k> port 0xe020-0xe03f mem 0xdf200000-0xdf21ffff,0xdf300000-0xdf303fff irq 23 at device 20.3 on pci0
igb3: Using MSIX interrupts with 9 vectors
igb3: Ethernet address: 0c:c4:7a:68:c9:0b
igb3: Bound queue 0 to cpu 0
igb3: Bound queue 1 to cpu 1
igb3: Bound queue 2 to cpu 2
igb3: Bound queue 3 to cpu 3
igb3: Bound queue 4 to cpu 4
igb3: Bound queue 5 to cpu 5
igb3: Bound queue 6 to cpu 6
igb3: Bound queue 7 to cpu 7
ehci0: <Intel Avoton USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xdf315000-0xdf3153ff irq 23 at device 22.0 on pci0
usbus1: EHCI version 1.0
usbus1 on ehci0
atapci0: <Intel Avoton SATA600 controller> port 0xe150-0xe157,0xe140-0xe143,0xe130-0xe137,0xe120-0xe123,0xe110-0xe11f,0xe100-0xe10f irq 19 at device 23.0 on pci0
ata2: <ATA channel> at channel 0 on atapci0
ata3: <ATA channel> at channel 1 on atapci0
atapci1: <Intel Avoton SATA300 controller> port 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6,0x170-0x177,0x376,0xe0b0-0xe0bf,0xe0a0-0xe0af irq 19 at device 24.0 on pci0
ata0: <ATA channel> at channel 0 on atapci1
ata1: <ATA channel> at channel 1 on atapci1
isab0: <PCI-ISA bridge> at device 31.0 on pci0
isa0: <ISA bus> on isab0
uart0: <16550 or compatible> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
uart1: <16550 or compatible> port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on acpi0
orm0: <ISA Option ROMs> at iomem 0xc0000-0xc7fff,0xc8000-0xc8fff on isa0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> at port 0x60,0x64 on isa0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
est1: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu1
est2: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu2
est3: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu3
est4: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu4
est5: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu5
est6: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu6
est7: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu7
ZFS filesystem version: 5
ZFS storage pool version: features support (5000)
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
random: unblocking device.
usbus0: 5.0Gbps Super Speed USB v3.0
usbus1: 480Mbps High Speed USB v2.0
ugen0.1: <0x1912> at usbus0
uhub0: <0x1912 XHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 3.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
ugen1.1: <Intel> at usbus1
uhub1: <Intel EHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus1
ada0 at ata0 bus 0 scbus2 target 0 lun 0
ada0: <WDC WD10EARS-00Z5B1 80.00A80> ATA8-ACS SATA 2.x device
ada0: Serial Number WD-WMAVU2818253
ada0: 300.000MB/s transfers (SATA 2.x, UDMA5, PIO 8192bytes)
ada0: 953869MB (1953525168 512 byte sectors)
ada0: quirks=0x1<4K>
ada0: Previously was known as ad0
ada1 at ata1 bus 0 scbus3 target 0 lun 0
ada1: <Hitachi HDS721010CLA330 JP4OA3MA> ATA8-ACS SATA 2.x device
ada1: Serial Number JP2940N03BVRHV
ada1: 300.000MB/s transfers (SATA 2.x, UDMA5, PIO 8192bytes)
ada1: 953869MB (1953525168 512 byte sectors)
ada1: Previously was known as ad2
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #7 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #3 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #4 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #2 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #5 Launched!
SMP: AP CPU #6 Launched!
Timecounter "TSC-low" frequency 1200030060 Hz quality 1000
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR usbus1
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR usbus1
ugen1.2: <vendor 0x8087> at usbus1
uhub2: <vendor 0x8087 product 0x07db, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.02, addr 2> on usbus1
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR usbus1
ugen1.3: <vendor 0x0557> at usbus1
uhub3: <vendor 0x0557 product 0x7000, class 9/0, rev 2.00/0.00, addr 3> on usbus1
Root mount waiting for: GMIRROR usbus1
ugen1.4: <vendor 0x0557> at usbus1
ukbd0: <vendor 0x0557 product 0x2419, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 4> on usbus1
kbd2 at ukbd0
GEOM_MIRROR: Force device swapmirror start due to timeout.
GEOM_MIRROR: Cancelling unmapped because of ada0p3.
GEOM_MIRROR: Device mirror/swapmirror launched (1/2).
Trying to mount root from zfs:tank1/ROOT/10.3-RELEASE-p6-up-20160829_133517 []...
GEOM_ELI: Device label/swap0.eli created.
GEOM_ELI: Encryption: AES-XTS 128
GEOM_ELI:     Crypto: hardware
fuse-freebsd: version 0.4.4, FUSE ABI 7.8
igb0: link state changed to UP
ums0: <vendor 0x0557 product 0x2419, class 0/0, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 4> on usbus1
ums0: 3 buttons and [Z] coordinates ID=0
pflog0: promiscuous mode enabled
igb1: link state changed to UP
ipfw2 (+ipv6) initialized, divert loadable, nat loadable, default to accept, logging disabled

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Damian McGuckin
While everybody is talking about hardware, I noticed that some of you
have flicked your Soekris Net 5501 boards.

We are upgrading from 20Mbps links to 100Mbps links and as a result of
this discussion, I am wondering whether it would be a wise move on or part
to consider replacing them. Rock solid little units.

What is the max throughput people have seen on these?

Assuming traffic going between say 'vr0' and 'vr1', will it a Net5501
board sustain 100Mbps?

Thanks - Damian

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Nick Holland
On 12/14/16 20:39, Aaron Mason wrote:

> All
>
> I'm looking for a 1U appliance that I can re-purpose into a firewall
> using OpenBSD.  I've tried the near-free method by using an old Lacie
> Ethernet Disk appliance I had lying around, but it turns out the
> onboard SATA chipset is toast on this particular unit (it freezes at
> CDBOOT when it detects hard drives and the BIOS freezes when I set it
> to IDE mode with drives attached, plus it only has one onboard NIC and
> one PCI slot, so I can't install another SATA card without removing
> the other NIC I installed), so I'm looking for other options that fit
> a limited budget.

heh.  Little secret: if you look in many data centers, you will find
lots of 1U boxes with various titles -- security appliances, load
balancing devices, etc.  A lot of them, under the covers, are just PCs.
And a lot of data centers have 'em rotting on the racks after they have
been turned off and replaced, but no motivation to remove them.

Just cleaned out some stuff from one of our data centers -- we had a
three authentication devices and a couple "security appliances" that all
turned out to have the same SuperMicro board on them...some with Pentium
D, others with P4s...but both could pump a lot of packets through
gigabit NICs (two on board).  The security appliances were kinda cool in
that they have a LCD screen that looks like it could be accessed through
a USB serial port (better yet, when you powered up the box, the LCD
panel put up an advertisement, not for the security appliance maker, but
for the LCD panel...including a website.  Bet there are docs there! :)
(I once programmed the LCD panel of a Novell server to say, "WINDOWS
SUCKS".  Wasn't noticed for years, but when it was, my name was quickly
assumed as being responsible)

We also had a couple odd little "load balancers" -- five NIC ports.  My
coworkers were skeptical about it being a standard PC under the cover.
Haven't tried to boot OpenBSD on them yet, but turns out the thing has a
128M SATA DiskOnModule (flash memory on a SATA board), a 1G CF card, and
a SATA hard disk in the box.  Again, all in one U.

And I'll admit there's a certain fun in bringing up another OS on
something like that.  And I HAVE to at least try to bring up OpenBSD on
them...so I can wipe the media before the hw is disposed of.  (Company
policy says "overwrite entire disk with random data", who's got the
fastest random number generator in town?  OpenBSD, of course!)

Nick.

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Stefan Sperling-5
On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 01:08:50PM +1100, Damian McGuckin wrote:
> Assuming traffic going between say 'vr0' and 'vr1', will it a Net5501
> board sustain 100Mbps?

I doubt it would. One limiting factor being the number of packets per second.
At some point the packets-per-second rate will trigger livelock countermeasures
which deliberately slow things down to prevent an interrupt storm from locking
up the system.

You could do some measurements with tcpbench(1) to find exact figures.
Make sure to test several sizes of packets, since smaller packets trigger
more interrupts per second.

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Philipp Buehler
Am 17.12.2016 02:32 schrieb Predrag Punosevac:
> SYS-5018A-FTN4 are really nice boxes. This one has 16GB of RAM and was

btw.. just got SYS-1028R-WMRT and the dual I350 isnt "supported", likely
because of the weird PPB/riser.

pb

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Pierre Emeriaud

> heh.  Little secret: if you look in many data centers, you will find
> lots of 1U boxes with various titles -- security appliances, load
> balancing devices, etc.  A lot of them, under the covers, are just PCs.
> And a lot of data centers have 'em rotting on the racks after they have
> been turned off and replaced, but no motivation to remove them.

My current home firewall is running 6.0 on a Cisco ACE4710 hw. Pentium
4 3.4Ghz w/ 6GB ram. It has an internal hard drive in addition to the
CF but was unplugged to suck less power. It had a cavium nic which was
replaced by an intel four-port gig. I previously used a Netasq F200
and a Nokia IP710 firewalls. The F200 was slow, and the IP710 used way
too much power, but each time it worked, either from a cf card or a
hard drive.

Dmesg from the ace 4710:

OpenBSD 6.0 (GENERIC) #2148: Tue Jul 26 12:55:20 MDT 2016
    [hidden email]:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC
real mem = 6425608192 (6127MB)
avail mem = 6226448384 (5938MB)
mpath0 at root
scsibus0 at mpath0: 256 targets
mainbus0 at root
bios0 at mainbus0: SMBIOS rev. 2.3 @ 0xfb2d0 (37 entries)
bios0: vendor American Megatrends Inc. version "S27S1A05" date 03/19/2008
bios0: Quanta Computer Inc. S27S
acpi0 at bios0: rev 0
acpi0: sleep states S0 S1 S4 S5
acpi0: tables DSDT FACP APIC MCFG OEMB
acpi0: wakeup devices P0P2(S4) P0P3(S4) P0P1(S4) PS2K(S1) PS2M(S1)
USB0(S4) USB1(S4) USB2(S4) USB3(S4) EUSB(S4) MC97(S4) P0P4(S4)
P0P5(S4) P0P6(S4) P0P7(S4) P0P8(S4) [...]
acpitimer0 at acpi0: 3579545 Hz, 24 bits
acpimadt0 at acpi0 addr 0xfee00000: PC-AT compat
cpu0 at mainbus0: apid 0 (boot processor)
cpu0: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz, 3400.54 MHz
cpu0: FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CFLUSH,DS,ACPI,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,SS,HTT,TM,PBE,SSE3,DTES64,MWAIT,DS-CPL,EST,TM2,CNXT-ID,CX16,xTPR,PDCM,NXE,LONG,LAHF
cpu0: 2MB 64b/line 8-way L2 cache
cpu0: smt 0, core 0, package 0
mtrr: Pentium Pro MTRR support, 8 var ranges, 88 fixed ranges
cpu0: apic clock running at 200MHz
cpu0: mwait min=64, max=64
cpu at mainbus0: not configured
ioapic0 at mainbus0: apid 2 pa 0xfec00000, version 20, 24 pins
acpimcfg0 at acpi0 addr 0xe0000000, bus 0-255
acpiprt0 at acpi0: bus 0 (PCI0)
acpiprt1 at acpi0: bus 1 (P0P1)
acpiprt2 at acpi0: bus 4 (P0P4)
acpiprt3 at acpi0: bus 5 (PXHA)
acpiprt4 at acpi0: bus 3 (P0P8)
acpiprt5 at acpi0: bus 2 (P0P9)
acpicpu0 at acpi0: C1(@1 halt!)
"PNP0501" at acpi0 not configured
acpibtn0 at acpi0: PWRB
ipmi at mainbus0 not configured
pci0 at mainbus0 bus 0
pchb0 at pci0 dev 0 function 0 "Intel E7230 Host" rev 0xc0
ppb0 at pci0 dev 28 function 0 "Intel 82801GB PCIE" rev 0x01: msi
pci1 at ppb0 bus 4
ppb1 at pci1 dev 0 function 0 "Intel 6702PXH PCIE-PCIX" rev 0x09
pci2 at ppb1 bus 5
ppb2 at pci2 dev 2 function 0 "Pericom PI7C21P100 PCIX-PCIX" rev 0x01
pci3 at ppb2 bus 6
em0 at pci3 dev 4 function 0 "Intel 82546GB" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 19,
address 00:1b:21:1a:e9:c0
em1 at pci3 dev 4 function 1 "Intel 82546GB" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 18,
address 00:1b:21:1a:e9:c1
em2 at pci3 dev 6 function 0 "Intel 82546GB" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 17,
address 00:1b:21:1a:e9:c2
em3 at pci3 dev 6 function 1 "Intel 82546GB" rev 0x03: apic 2 int 16,
address 00:1b:21:1a:e9:c3
ppb3 at pci0 dev 28 function 4 "Intel 82801G PCIE" rev 0x01: msi
pci4 at ppb3 bus 3
bge0 at pci4 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5721" rev 0x21, BCM5750 C1
(0x4201): msi, address 00:23:8b:8a:5d:59
brgphy0 at bge0 phy 1: BCM5750 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
ppb4 at pci0 dev 28 function 5 "Intel 82801G PCIE" rev 0x01
pci5 at ppb4 bus 2
bge1 at pci5 dev 0 function 0 "Broadcom BCM5721" rev 0x21, BCM5750 C1
(0x4201): msi, address 00:23:8b:8a:5d:58
brgphy1 at bge1 phy 1: BCM5750 10/100/1000baseT PHY, rev. 0
uhci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 0 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 23
uhci1 at pci0 dev 29 function 1 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 19
uhci2 at pci0 dev 29 function 2 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 18
uhci3 at pci0 dev 29 function 3 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 16
ehci0 at pci0 dev 29 function 7 "Intel 82801GB USB" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 23
usb0 at ehci0: USB revision 2.0
uhub0 at usb0 "Intel EHCI root hub" rev 2.00/1.00 addr 1
ppb5 at pci0 dev 30 function 0 "Intel 82801BA Hub-to-PCI" rev 0xe1
pci6 at ppb5 bus 1
vga1 at pci6 dev 5 function 0 "XGI Technology Volari Z7" rev 0x00
wsdisplay0 at vga1 mux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation)
wsdisplay0: screen 1-5 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
pcib0 at pci0 dev 31 function 0 "Intel 82801GB LPC" rev 0x01
pciide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1 "Intel 82801GB IDE" rev 0x01: DMA,
channel 0 configured to compatibility, channel 1 configured to
compatibility
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <SMART CF>
wd0: 2-sector PIO, LBA, 3907MB, 8003520 sectors
wd0(pciide0:0:1): using PIO mode 4, Ultra-DMA mode 2
pciide0: channel 1 ignored (disabled)
pciide1 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 "Intel 82801GB SATA" rev 0x01: DMA,
channel 0 configured to native-PCI, channel 1 configured to native-PCI
pciide1: using apic 2 int 19 for native-PCI interrupt
ichiic0 at pci0 dev 31 function 3 "Intel 82801GB SMBus" rev 0x01: apic 2 int 19
iic0 at ichiic0
adt0 at iic0 addr 0x2e: lm96000 rev 0x68
spdmem0 at iic0 addr 0x50: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM ECC PC2-5300CL5
spdmem1 at iic0 addr 0x51: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM ECC PC2-5300CL5
spdmem2 at iic0 addr 0x52: 1GB DDR2 SDRAM ECC PC2-5300CL5
spdmem3 at iic0 addr 0x53: 2GB DDR2 SDRAM ECC PC2-5300CL5
usb1 at uhci0: USB revision 1.0
uhub1 at usb1 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb2 at uhci1: USB revision 1.0
uhub2 at usb2 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb3 at uhci2: USB revision 1.0
uhub3 at usb3 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
usb4 at uhci3: USB revision 1.0
uhub4 at usb4 "Intel UHCI root hub" rev 1.00/1.00 addr 1
isa0 at pcib0
isadma0 at isa0
com0 at isa0 port 0x3f8/8 irq 4: ns16550a, 16 byte fifo
com0: console
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60/5 irq 1 irq 12
pckbd0 at pckbc0 (kbd slot)
wskbd0 at pckbd0: console keyboard, using wsdisplay0
pcppi0 at isa0 port 0x61
spkr0 at pcppi0
vscsi0 at root
scsibus1 at vscsi0: 256 targets
softraid0 at root
scsibus2 at softraid0: 256 targets
root on wd0a (f2b1c8c26785e724.a) swap on wd0b dump on wd0b

Re: Hardware recommendations for compact 1U firewall

Claer-2
On Sat, Dec 17 2016 at 08:13, Damian McGuckin wrote:
> While everybody is talking about hardware, I noticed that some of you
> have flicked your Soekris Net 5501 boards.
>
> We are upgrading from 20Mbps links to 100Mbps links and as a result of this
> discussion, I am wondering whether it would be a wise move on or part to
> consider replacing them. Rock solid little units.
>
> What is the max throughput people have seen on these?

In my $job[n-2], I had the chance to test the alix pcengines, wich is quite
simmilar in terms of performance.  With 4.5 on it, it started to drop packets
around 70Mbps with the IMIX test.
Consult https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Mix to know more.

> Assuming traffic going between say 'vr0' and 'vr1', will it a Net5501
> board sustain 100Mbps?
It will be "good enougth" if you are transferring big files, not for
common web browsing (usually smaller packets).

Best regards,

Claer

12