HP C8000 support

Black Fox
Hello Gentlemen,

I was looking at the HP-PA platform's support and I'm a little dismayed
to see the HP C8000 is not among the currently supported hardware.

I'd like to help change that - I can offer my own C8000 over a
networked host with serial console if that would be sufficient to allow
a developer to at least begin the work.

Alternatively, I would be willing to provide it on loan to a developer
located within the US if that is preferred. As these are expensive
machines, and I rather like my C8k, I don't really have the ability to
offer it for donation, but I would like to help in that way
if that would be sufficient to get the support going.

Re: HP C8000 support

Paul de Weerd
Hi Black Fox,

On Wed, Mar 04, 2015 at 09:17:46PM -0500, Black Fox wrote:
| Hello Gentlemen,
|
| I was looking at the HP-PA platform's support and I'm a little dismayed
| to see the HP C8000 is not among the currently supported hardware.
|
| I'd like to help change that - I can offer my own C8000 over a
| networked host with serial console if that would be sufficient to allow
| a developer to at least begin the work.
|
| Alternatively, I would be willing to provide it on loan to a developer
| located within the US if that is preferred. As these are expensive
| machines, and I rather like my C8k, I don't really have the ability to
| offer it for donation, but I would like to help in that way
| if that would be sufficient to get the support going.

I've distributed two C8000's to two developers, and have one on stock
for another developer.  After that, there's one left that hasn't been
claimed yet.  So if anyone in Europe is interested, I've got one
left... ;)

Paul

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/

Re: HP C8000 support

Black Fox
So looks like you got Europe covered then, Paul
I'll leave you to that then!