HP 9000 715/50/32

Carlos Augusto Jr
Hi. My HP Apollo 9000 715/50 32MB RAM is working with OpenBSD 4.0. But I
have two simple quetions:

How do I use other terminals on console like alt+fX on i386 boxes?

May I use X on it?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

Re: HP 9000 715/50/32

Miod Vallat
Hello,

> Hi. My HP Apollo 9000 715/50 32MB RAM is working with OpenBSD 4.0. But I
> have two simple quetions:
>
> How do I use other terminals on console like alt+fX on i386 boxes?
>
> May I use X on it?

Currently, neither X server nor virtual consoles are supported on the
hppa port.

Miod

Re: HP 9000 715/50/32

Michael Shalayeff-2
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 12:32:27AM -0300, Carlos Augusto Jr wrote:
> Hi. My HP Apollo 9000 715/50 32MB RAM is working with OpenBSD 4.0. But I
> have two simple quetions:
>
> How do I use other terminals on console like alt+fX on i386 boxes?

framebuffer consoles do not support multiple virtual terminals (yet).

> May I use X on it?

does not work. there is some bug that poking fb hangs the machine.
you can run x proggies remotely though (:
cu
    paranoic mickey       (my employers have changed but, the name has remained)

Re: HP 9000 715/50/32

Markus Hennecke
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, mickey wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 12:32:27AM -0300, Carlos Augusto Jr wrote:
>> May I use X on it?
>
> does not work. there is some bug that poking fb hangs the machine.

Playing with my 712/60 I discovered the following behaviour:
The X server fills the upper part of the framebuffer (first few lines,
don't know exactly how many) with white color. This could be the memory in
the first page (8k ?) of framebuffer region. Then the machine will hang,
but the console is still responsive. Typing displays characters and the
screen scrolls if enter is pressed and the cursor is at the bottom of the
screen.

Is this the bug you mentioned?

Greetings
   Markus