HEADS UP: 5.6 ports lock approaching

Christian Weisgerber
We are quickly approaching ports lock for the 5.6 release.

No new ports.

No updates for the sake of updating.

If you have fixes, or fixes tied to updates, that are important and
that you think should still go in, you'll need to convince espie@ /
jasper@ / naddy@ / sthen@ first.

This is also the last chance to TEST packages and report problems.
Anything that won't get fixed real soon will remain broken for the
release.

Re: HEADS UP: 5.6 ports lock approaching

Ian McWilliam-2
On 22/07/2014 6:03 AM, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> We are quickly approaching ports lock for the 5.6 release.
>
> No new ports.
>
> No updates for the sake of updating.
>
> If you have fixes, or fixes tied to updates, that are important and
> that you think should still go in, you'll need to convince espie@ /
> jasper@ / naddy@ / sthen@ first.
>
> This is also the last chance to TEST packages and report problems.
> Anything that won't get fixed real soon will remain broken for the
> release.

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Not sure how to get past that panel of  Inquisitors.......but nobody
cared to address this.

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=140296359324997&w=2

Sorry if I have to move you from....... "the Comfy Chair"............

Ian McWilliam

Re: HEADS UP: 5.6 ports lock approaching

Edd Barrett
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 10:03:59PM +0200, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> This is also the last chance to TEST packages and report problems.
> Anything that won't get fixed real soon will remain broken for the
> release.

wxMaxima is currently broken with what looks like a wxWidgets bug, but
someone who knows some C++ should take a second look.

Details in my recent post on ports@

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk

Re: HEADS UP: 5.6 ports lock approaching

Stuart Henderson-6

The main release-critical thing I know about is dovecot.

On 2014-07-22, Stuart Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The main release-critical thing I know about is dovecot.

Yes.

Other known breakage of varying importance:
* boehm-gc doesn't build on sparc64.
* Some mono ports have been left broken since the mono update.
* openimageio picks up an installed opencv during the build, causing
  breakage in dependent ports.
* Every build I see a few new KDE errors.  I guess I should do a run
  with dpb -r to flush out more dependency issues.