Golang under Arm or Octeon

Valdrin MUJA
Hi Misc,

I want to learn if there is any work-in-progress port for Golang under Arm or Octeon cpu architectures?

Thanks.

--

Best wishes

Valdrin Muja

Re: Golang under Arm or Octeon

Janne Johansson-3
I gave it a low-effort check for octeon, and Go needs/wants to build from a
super-old implementation in C which is actively trying to tell you its not
supported, then from that you are supposed to build tons of versions on top
of each other to get to a modern version.

Doesn't really help when 99.9% of all "port go to new platform" pages and
guides boil down to "oh, type this to get prebuilt linux binaries for that
already-ported-to-platform".

This may or may not help:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/golang-dev/SRUK7yJVA0c/JeoCRMwzBwAJ might
help.

Den tors 21 mars 2019 kl 21:53 skrev Valdrin MUJA <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Misc,
>

> I want to learn if there is any work-in-progress port for Golang under Arm
> or Octeon cpu architectures?
>
> Thanks.
>

> --
>
> Best wishes
>
> Valdrin Muja

Re: Golang under Arm or Octeon

Stuart Henderson
On 2019-03-22, Janne Johansson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I gave it a low-effort check for octeon, and Go needs/wants to build from a
> super-old implementation in C which is actively trying to tell you its not
> supported, then from that you are supposed to build tons of versions on top
> of each other to get to a modern version.

You can build from a newer version as well, it doesn't need to be an old
version. I think the approach here for unsupported arch would be to get the
code working first and cross compile, then it can build native.