Gigabyte WI01GS MiniPCI works with ral(4)

Gigabyte WI01GS MiniPCI works with ral(4)

Simon Kuhnle
Hi,

I just got a Gigabyte WI01GS MiniPCI and booted OpenBSD-current
on my Thinkpad T40:

~% dmesg | grep ral
ral0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0 "Ralink RT2561S" rev 0x00: irq 11, address
00:1a:4d:26:bb:1a
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2561C, RF RT2527

Works like a charm. Associated with my local AP and surfing the internet
with it right now.

Just wanted to tell you. If you need more information, please contact me
offlist as I'm not subscribed to misc@.

Thanks viq for giving me the tip with this card :-)
simon

Re: Gigabyte WI01GS MiniPCI works with ral(4)

viq .
On 13/06/07, Simon Kuhnle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just got a Gigabyte WI01GS MiniPCI and booted OpenBSD-current
> on my Thinkpad T40:
>
> ~% dmesg | grep ral
> ral0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0 "Ralink RT2561S" rev 0x00: irq 11, address
> 00:1a:4d:26:bb:1a
> ral0: MAC/BBP RT2561C, RF RT2527
>
> Works like a charm. Associated with my local AP and surfing the internet
> with it right now.
>
> Just wanted to tell you. If you need more information, please contact me
> offlist as I'm not subscribed to misc@.
>
> Thanks viq for giving me the tip with this card :-)

And I got tip offlist from someone too ;)

And I second that it works:
ral0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0 "Ralink RT2561S" rev 0x00: irq 11,
address 00:16:e6:36:92:11
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2561C, RF RT2527

Even set up a bridge between wireless and wired network with it ;)

--
viq