Geforce Driver for OpenBSD

João Salvatti
Hi all,

I visited the Nvidia's website but I didn't find anything, but I just want to be
sure: are there any geforce device driver available for OpenBSD?

Thanks.

--
Joco Salvatti
Undergraduating in Computer Science
e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Geforce Driver for OpenBSD

Mike Hernandez-3
On  Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 04:34:41PM -0200, Joco Salvatti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I visited the Nvidia's website but I didn't find anything, but I just want to be
> sure: are there any geforce device driver available for OpenBSD?
>
> Thanks.

Not going to happen. Probably not ever. Try freebsd if you must use
nvidia's binary drivers.

Mike H

Re: Geforce Driver for OpenBSD

Darrin Chandler
Joco Salvatti wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I visited the Nvidia's website but I didn't find anything, but I just want to be
>sure: are there any geforce device driver available for OpenBSD?
>
>Thanks.
>
>--
>Joco Salvatti
>Undergraduating in Computer Science
>Federal University of Para - UFPA
>web: http://salvatti.expert.com.br
>e-mail: [hidden email]

As Mr. Hernandez said, it's not going to happen. Further, it's because
nvidia won't release enough info to make it happen. They have binary
only drivers for linux and freebsd (others?), but it compromises the
openness of the os. Basic functioanlity can be had from Xorg's generic
nv driver, though, so you're not totally lost.

Write nvidia and tell them you're disappointed that you can't use their
products with the software of your choice.

--
Darrin Chandler
[hidden email]