Gdm and Gnome with OpenBSD 5.2

Jean-Francois Simon
Dear all,

I am sorry, I can't work out finding gdm or running Gnome with OpenBSD 5.2,
could someone please send a link or some informations ?
I used to have it working before, just now I would like xdm to launch gnome
but starting gnome-session ends up with various errors and back to xdm
console.

Sorry again and thanks for help

JF

Re: Gdm and Gnome with OpenBSD 5.2

Antoine Jacoutot-7
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:40:51PM +0100, Jean-François SIMON wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am sorry, I can't work out finding gdm or running Gnome with OpenBSD 5.2,
> could someone please send a link or some informations ?
> I used to have it working before, just now I would like xdm to launch gnome
> but starting gnome-session ends up with various errors and back to xdm
> console.
>
> Sorry again and thanks for help

# pkg_add gnome

Then read this:
/usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/gnome-*

If it still fails, provide error messages......

Antoine

2012/11/12 Antoine Jacoutot <[hidden email]>

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:40:51PM +0100, Jean-François SIMON wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I am sorry, I can't work out finding gdm or running Gnome with OpenBSD
> 5.2,
> > could someone please send a link or some informations ?
> > I used to have it working before, just now I would like xdm to launch
> gnome
> > but starting gnome-session ends up with various errors and back to xdm
> > console.
> >
> > Sorry again and thanks for help
>
> # pkg_add gnome
>
> Then read this:
> /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/gnome-*
>
> If it still fails, provide error messages......
>
> --
> Antoine

Perfect !

Re: Gdm and Gnome with OpenBSD 5.2

Sachidananda Urs
On 13-Nov-2012, at 5:39 PM, Jean-François SIMON <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012/11/12 Antoine Jacoutot <[hidden email]>
>
>> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 09:40:51PM +0100, Jean-François SIMON wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I am sorry, I can't work out finding gdm or running Gnome with OpenBSD
>> 5.2,
>>> could someone please send a link or some informations ?
>>> I used to have it working before, just now I would like xdm to launch
>> gnome
>>> but starting gnome-session ends up with various errors and back to xdm
>>> console.
>>>
>>> Sorry again and thanks for help
>>
>> # pkg_add gnome
>>
>> Then read this:
>> /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/gnome-*
>>
>> If it still fails, provide error messages......
>>
>> --
>> Antoine
>>

> Perfect !

Your dbus daemon would not have started. Starting dbus daemon would solve the problem.
And you can add pkg_scripts=dbus_daemon for future sessions.