Gaupol subtitle editor

Anindya Mukherjee
Hi,

I use Gaupol to edit/sync subtitles on Linux, and would like to port it
 to OpenBSD. As far as I can tell it is not currently being worked on
by anyone. Just wondering if there is any interest from other users. It's
really easy to use and would save me from having to reboot into Arch ūüôā:)

This would be my first port, so I'm looking forward to it as a learning
experience. Comments/suggestions welcome, thank you.

Anindya

Re: Gaupol subtitle editor

Dimitri Karamazov
On Tue, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:55:22PM +0000, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Gaupol to edit/sync subtitles on Linux, and would like to port it
>  to OpenBSD. As far as I can tell it is not currently being worked on
> by anyone. Just wondering if there is any interest from other users. It's
> really easy to use and would save me from having to reboot into Arch :)
>
> This would be my first port, so I'm looking forward to it as a learning
> experience. Comments/suggestions welcome, thank you.
>
> Anindya

I'm looking forward to it. Take a look at py-* ports
your port will be similar. Consider reading through -
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/index.html
as a start this will save you much trouble.
bsd.port.mk(5) will explain most of the variables you
will need and since this requires python for building
skim through the port-modules(5) particularly the
section for lang/python.

regards,
  Dimitri

Re: Gaupol subtitle editor

Anindya Mukherjee
Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated.

Anindya

On Tue, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:55:22PM +0000, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Gaupol to edit/sync subtitles on Linux, and would like to port it
>  to OpenBSD. As far as I can tell it is not currently being worked on
> by anyone. Just wondering if there is any interest from other users. It's
> really easy to use and would save me from having to reboot into Arch :)
>
> This would be my first port, so I'm looking forward to it as a learning
> experience. Comments/suggestions welcome, thank you.
>
> Anindya

I'm looking forward to it. Take a look at py-* ports
your port will be similar. Consider reading through -
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/index.html
as a start this will save you much trouble.
bsd.port.mk(5) will explain most of the variables you
will need and since this requires python for building
skim through the port-modules(5) particularly the
section for lang/python.

regards,
  Dimitri

Re: New port: Gaupol subtitle editor

Dimitri Karamazov
On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 04:28:50AM +0000, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:

> Hi, this is a port of gaupol, an editor for text-based subtitle files.
> It supports multiple subtitle file formats and provides means of
> creating, editing and translating subtitles and timing subtitles to
> match video.
>
> This is my first port, so there might be things I missed. I have tried
> to follow the porting guide closely. Please have a look and comment.
>
> Thanks,
> Anindya
I've reattached with some changes

-py-* nomenclature is used for python modules not for standalone ports
 like this, so I've removed it.
-FLAVOR{s,} is also used for python modules only, MODPY_VERSION is suffice
 in this case.
-rearranged the dependencies in alpha order and added some missing
 runtime depends.

There are many tests available but most of those need xorg, access to which
_pbuild doesn't have? One can run them as a normal user though. I'm not sure
if MODPY_PYTEST is of any use if the tests don't run on their own.

Also I recommended you take maintainer since you're going to use it.

regards,
  Dimitri

gaupol.tar.gz (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New port: Gaupol subtitle editor

Anindya Mukherjee
Hi,

Many thanks for the comments and fixes. Sure, I can take
maintainer. So, it looks like I only need to add maintainer
to your version? Build and package looks ok and runs.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Anindya

regards,
  Dimitri

Re: New port: Gaupol subtitle editor

Anindya Mukherjee
Updated tarball attached. I have added myself as
maintainer.

Thanks,
Anindya

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 04:28:50AM +0000, Dimitri Karamazov wrote:

> Hi, this is a port of gaupol, an editor for text-based subtitle files.
> It supports multiple subtitle file formats and provides means of
> creating, editing and translating subtitles and timing subtitles to
> match video.
>
> This is my first port, so there might be things I missed. I have tried
> to follow the porting guide closely. Please have a look and comment.
>
> Thanks,
> Anindya
I've reattached with some changes

-py-* nomenclature is used for python modules not for standalone ports
 like this, so I've removed it.
-FLAVOR{s,} is also used for python modules only, MODPY_VERSION is suffice
 in this case.
-rearranged the dependencies in alpha order and added some missing
 runtime depends.

There are many tests available but most of those need xorg, access to which
_pbuild doesn't have? One can run them as a normal user though. I'm not sure
if MODPY_PYTEST is of any use if the tests don't run on their own.

Also I recommended you take maintainer since you're going to use it.

regards,
  Dimitri

gaupol.tar.gz (4K) Download Attachment

Re: New port: Gaupol subtitle editor

Anindya Mukherjee
Hi, just to recap:

This package provides Gaupol, an editor for
 text-based subtitle files.

Maintainer: Anindya Mukherjee <[hidden email]>

Homepage: https://otsaloma.io/gaupol/

Comments? OKs? I'm using it on my machine,
installed from pkg.

Thanks!
Anindya

regards,
  Dimitri

Re: New port: Gaupol subtitle editor

Anindya Mukherjee
Attached tarball.

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 06:41:35AM +0000, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:
> Attached tarball.

You've to wait for someone with commit rights to review this.
Eventually someone will take notice so no need to wait on this.
Just bump this thread with your tarball every one or two weeks.

There is a naming problem with your tarball. It is listed as
gaupol.tar.gz but it comes out as L6qkNDpQ.gz.
While in the parent(category) dir containing the port, do
`tar xcf gaupol.tar.gz gaupol`
then attach it. Don't rename it in your mail client if that is
what you're doing.

Build & run tested by me, reattached for convenience.

regards,
  Dimitri

start COMMENT with lower-case please (unless it's a proper noun,
but that doesn't apply here).

we are a bit busy fixing hundreds of ports for a forthcoming
clang update at the moment so it may take a while to get to it :)

On 2021/02/02 06:41, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:

> Attached tarball.

Thanks! I've fixed the comment.

Regards,
Anindya

start COMMENT with lower-case please (unless it's a proper noun,
but that doesn't apply here).

we are a bit busy fixing hundreds of ports for a forthcoming
clang update at the moment so it may take a while to get to it :)

On 2021/02/02 06:41, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:

> Attached tarball.

Hi, reattaching the tarball for convenience, thanks!

Anindya

On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 11:50:40AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:

> start COMMENT with lower-case please (unless it's a proper noun,
> but that doesn't apply here).
>
> we are a bit busy fixing hundreds of ports for a forthcoming
> clang update at the moment so it may take a while to get to it :)
>

> On 2021/02/02 06:41, Anindya Mukherjee wrote:
> > Attached tarball.

Ping