GNU netcat port

Travis H.
My first port, be gentle.

This is GNU netcat, which exists since the original nc is no longer
being maintained, I guess.

I sort of created this without realizing nc was already in /usr/bin.

Anyhow, it's GNU, but I have no idea how to set PERMIT_* --- the
porting checklist gives no guidance, and I'm certainly not a lawyer.
Perhaps some sort of advice would be useful here?  Even if it's just
"GPL means PERMIT_DISTFILES_* are Yes, but PERMIT_PACKAGE_* are set to
GPL".

When I did a lib-depends-check, I got:
Missing system lib: c.38 (/usr/local/bin/netcat)

Also, I think it may depend on libiconv, but I'm not sure.  In any
case, this worked for me, please let me know your results if you have
time to try it.
--
"Curiousity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" -- Steven Wright
Security Guru for Hire http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/ -><-

netcat_port.tgz (1K) Download Attachment

Re: GNU netcat port

Hannah Schroeter
Hello!

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 04:41:36PM -0500, Travis H. wrote:
>My first port, be gentle.

>This is GNU netcat, which exists since the original nc is no longer
>being maintained, I guess.

>I sort of created this without realizing nc was already in /usr/bin.

>Anyhow, it's GNU, but I have no idea how to set PERMIT_* --- the
>porting checklist gives no guidance, and I'm certainly not a lawyer.
>Perhaps some sort of advice would be useful here?  Even if it's just
>"GPL means PERMIT_DISTFILES_* are Yes, but PERMIT_PACKAGE_* are set to
>GPL".

PERMIT_* is Yes for GPL.

>When I did a lib-depends-check, I got:
>Missing system lib: c.38 (/usr/local/bin/netcat)

Have you set WANTLIB= c (at least)?

>Also, I think it may depend on libiconv, but I'm not sure.

Check ldd /usr/local/bin/netcat.

>In any
>case, this worked for me, please let me know your results if you have
>time to try it.

Not tried yet.

Kind regards,

Hannah.