Fwd: Booting on Orange Pi Zero

Johnny Sorocil
Hi all

I'm trying to run OpenBSD 6.4 snapshot (20180831) on Orange Pi Zero
(Allwinner
H2+).  First idea was to just netboot it and install on SD card.  I tried
it
was not successful. That bootloader won't make any futher TFTP requests
(checked on server with tcpdump).
    >> OpenBSD/armv7 BOOTARM 1.1
    open(tftp0a:/etc/boot.conf): Operation not permitted
    boot>

The other idea was to do in on easy way: Boot from SD card.
miniroot-cubie-64.fs was download and patched to use DTB for Orange Pi Zero
(copied from Armbian: dtb-4.11.3-sun8i/sun8i-h3-orangepi-zeroplus.dtb).  It
is
dd-ed to SD card and u-boot from my FreeBSD host is used
(u-boot-orangepi-zero-2018.07_2).

System boots but it has problems with SD timeouts and installation cannot be
performed:
    sdmmc1: can't enable card
    sximmc0: timeout updating clock
    sdmmc0: can't change bus clock
    sdmmc0: mem init failed
Script for disk partitioning will stuck in loop:
    Use (W)hole disk or (E)dit the MBR? [whole]
    Creating a msdos partition and an OpenBSD partition for rest of
    sd0...fdisk: sd0: Input/output error
    done.
    disklabel: /dev/rsd0c: Input/output error
    newfs_msdos: /dev/rsd0i: Input/output error
    The auto-allocated layout for sd0 is:
    disklabel: /dev/rsd0c: Input/output error
    Use (A)uto layout, (E)dit auto layout, or create (C)ustom layout? [a]
    disklabel: /dev/rsd0c: Input/output error
    MBR has invalid signature; not showing it.
    Use (W)hole disk or (E)dit the MBR? [whole]
    Creating a msdos partition and an OpenBSD partition for rest of
    sd0...fdisk: sd0: Input/output error
    done.

Full serial console logs are attached.

openbsd_arm_net.txt (6K) Download Attachment
openbsd_arm_sd.txt (6K) Download Attachment