Freez while r/w MS_DOS fs

Maxim Bourmistrov
Submitter-Id: net
Originator:
        This problem seems to be a similar problem with MS_DOS fs I'v reported before.
        It started with _BASE. I'v tryed to move directory(inc. files in it) to another directory down the tree.
        (mv club examples/)
        Result:
        ls examples/club/
  examples/  club/   lib/
        ls examples/club/club/
        examples/   club/   lib/
        and so on.
        Trying to remove all those crap dirs resulted in remove of all dirs under examples/ except club/club/club/club/... .
        Hiting 'rm -rf examples/club/' once again resulteted in a freez of 'rm'.
        Problem remains after update to -stable.

How-To-Repeat:
        See descr.
Fix:
        Not known.
--
Best regards
Maxim Bourmistrov

Re: Freez while r/w MS_DOS fs

Pedro Martelletto
There were fixes to msdosfs in -current that you might want to track.

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/msdosfs/

-p.