Freescale i.MX 6

Christer Solskogen-3
Hi!

There was a mention of this platform earlier, but is this platform
usable yet? I'm getting myself a Utilite, and was hoping I could use
OpenBSD in it. This is ARM, but as far as I understood the platform is
beagle, am I right?

chs,

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Alexey Suslikov
Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> There was a mention of this platform earlier, but is this platform
> usable yet? I'm getting myself a Utilite, and was hoping I could use
> OpenBSD in it. This is ARM, but as far as I understood the platform is
> beagle, am I right?

http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=137850037603645&w=2

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Patrick Wildt-2
Hey,

I have added support for the i.MX6 SoC to the tree.  The platform is now called armv7
instead of beagle.  There might be some changes needed to support the Utilite, too.
Apart from that it should be usable.

\Patrick

Am 27.09.2013 um 13:04 schrieb Christer Solskogen <[hidden email]>:

> Hi!
>
> There was a mention of this platform earlier, but is this platform
> usable yet? I'm getting myself a Utilite, and was hoping I could use
> OpenBSD in it. This is ARM, but as far as I understood the platform is
> beagle, am I right?

> chs,

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Amit Kulkarni-5
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Christer Solskogen <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> There was a mention of this platform earlier, but is this platform
> usable yet? I'm getting myself a Utilite, and was hoping I could use
> OpenBSD in it. This is ARM, but as far as I understood the platform is
> beagle, am I right?
>
> --
> chs,

Another alternative is http://cubox-i.com/ These are all i.MX6, the high
end model is $120.

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Christer Solskogen-3
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Patrick Wildt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have added support for the i.MX6 SoC to the tree.  The platform is now called armv7
> instead of beagle.  There might be some changes needed to support the Utilite, too.
> Apart from that it should be usable.

Okay, which image / kernel can I use to test this? I ordered mine
today, so it will take at least six weeks before it gets here.
Also, if you want one, order it and I'll send you money for it.

chs

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Patrick Wildt-2
Thanks to Christer I have just placed an order for an Utilite, too. :)

Thank you very much!

\Patrick

Am 27.09.2013 um 21:54 schrieb Christer Solskogen <[hidden email]>:

> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Patrick Wildt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I have added support for the i.MX6 SoC to the tree.  The platform is now called armv7
>> instead of beagle.  There might be some changes needed to support the Utilite, too.
>> Apart from that it should be usable.
>>

> Okay, which image / kernel can I use to test this? I ordered mine
> today, so it will take at least six weeks before it gets here.
> Also, if you want one, order it and I'll send you money for it.

> chs

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Christer Solskogen-3
On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Patrick Wildt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks to Christer I have just placed an order for an Utilite, too. :)
>
> Thank you very much!

My pleasure. Now we just need to wait six weeks :)

chs,

Re: Freescale i.MX 6

Michael Stevenson
I'm curious - how did this little experiment go?  I'm looking at a Utilite
myself..
Thanks ahead of time.