Forcing a screen resolution in X

Johannes Langøy
Hello everyone.

I have a VGA cord that does not transmit EDID information, and an LCD
monitor whose native resolution is 1920x1080. Without the EDID info, I
am not allowed to set the resolution appropriately in X.

My graphics card is NVIDIA 9400 GT, and I am using OpenBSD 5.1.

Can someone explain to me how I can override EDID restrictions and set
the full resolution?

Thanks,
Johannes

Re: Forcing a screen resolution in X

Brett Mahar-2
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 01:16:24 +0200
Johannes Langøy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I have a VGA cord that does not transmit EDID information, and an LCD
> monitor whose native resolution is 1920x1080. Without the EDID info, I
> am not allowed to set the resolution appropriately in X.
>
> My graphics card is NVIDIA 9400 GT, and I am using OpenBSD 5.1.
>
> Can someone explain to me how I can override EDID restrictions and set
> the full resolution?
>
> Thanks,
> Johannes

Hi Johannes,