Quantcast

Firmware for T1000

Paolo Aglialoro
Hello,

does anybody know where is it possible to get the latest firmwares for
T1000, i.e.:

139435-10  System FW 6.7.13
123456-01  SAS1064 HBA FW Update V1.10.00.00IR

Thank you in advance for answering, also in private.

Re: Firmware for T1000

Ivan Nudzik
At Oracle support portal.

> On 17 Mar 2015, at 20:26, Paolo Aglialoro <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> does anybody know where is it possible to get the latest firmwares for
> T1000, i.e.:
>
> 139435-10  System FW 6.7.13
> 123456-01  SAS1064 HBA FW Update V1.10.00.00IR
>
> Thank you in advance for answering, also in private.

Re: Firmware for T1000

Christopher Satterfield
Only issue with the Oracle support portal is you need to have a support
contract to actually do anything. Even though Sun had them open for all
Oracle decided to lock them down.

Unless you know someone that works somewhere that has Oracle support or a
way to get around that you're pretty much out of luck.

Re: Firmware for T1000

Paolo Aglialoro
Christopher and Ivan,

yes I know the place, in fact I am asking here among friends to avoid that
madness: one buys a box with free fw updates, then a company takeover
happens and updates+old files suddenly become something to pay for... this
is just unacceptable.

As far as I know fewer and fewer people besides very large entities are
buying oracle stuff lately. This policy is hurting their sales a lot, way
more than their nonsense prices. Dell and HP are opening champagne bottles,
but this is hurting sparc64 platform.

Dunno if this same applies with Fujitsu M machines, but, anyway, they don't
sport ldoms.

Il 17/mar/2015 22:16 "Christopher Satterfield" <[hidden email]>
ha scritto:

> Only issue with the Oracle support portal is you need to have a support
contract to actually do anything. Even though Sun had them open for all
Oracle decided to lock them down.

> Unless you know someone that works somewhere that has Oracle support or a
way to get around that you're pretty much out of luck.

Re: Firmware for T1000

Stuart Henderson-6
On 2015/03/18 01:00, Paolo Aglialoro wrote:
> yes I know the place, in fact I am asking here among friends to avoid that
> madness: one buys a box with free fw updates, then a company takeover
> happens and updates+old files suddenly become something to pay for... this
> is just unacceptable.
>
> As far as I know fewer and fewer people besides very large entities are
> buying oracle stuff lately. This policy is hurting their sales a lot, way
> more than their nonsense prices. Dell and HP are opening champagne bottles,
> but this is hurting sparc64 platform.

btw, HP (and IBM) have the same mercenary policy.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/hp-to-begin-charging-for-firmware-updates-and-service-packs-for-servers/

Re: Firmware for T1000

Paolo Aglialoro
This is even worse news to learn about....

So now the only major server producer to guarantee fixes is Dell, followed
by minor ones like Fujitsu, NEC.
Any more trustable brands, after the kill of Sun, IBM and HP?