Firefox support on Sparc64? ("BROKEN-sparc64" is motivated by "xpcshell SIGBUS", that may not apply anymore so may just work out of the box?)

Firefox support on Sparc64? ("BROKEN-sparc64" is motivated by "xpcshell SIGBUS", that may not apply anymore so may just work out of the box?)

tinkr
Hi!

Sorry for the fuss but you who run 64-bit Sparc, do you have luck with
compiling and running Firefox very well and reliably (e.g. open a page
and run some webapp that uses websockets, headless e.g. in VNC, and it
won't crash even if spinning for a very long time, any more than it
would on another platform)?

http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/www/firefox-esr/

The Makefile mentions "BROKEN-sparc64 = xpcshell SIGBUS during fake".
Someone told me that xpcshell isn't used in Firefox anymore since a year
or two, and hence it would be imaginable that the reason for not
building it by default for sparc64, not applies anymore - so maybe just
remove that line and see if it works?

Also the list of patches to get Firefox going is really short so I guess
overall the prospect of Firefox on Sparc should be bright.

Much grateful for any idea on this (in absence of having the HW
presently to test all myself).

Tinker