Firefox-56

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Firefox-56

Rino Rondan
Hi!

Im very new in OpenBsd, im trying to migrate all to my powerpc arch using Openbsd and when I try to install firefox the port show me that is not supported in macppc

Port:   firefox-56.0
Path:   www/mozilla-firefox
Info:   Mozilla web browser
Maint:  Landry Breuil <[hidden email]>
Index:  www lang/python
L-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext STEM->=1.6:textproc/hunspell STEM->=3.20.1:databases/sqlite3 STEM->=3.33:security/nss STEM->=4.17:devel/nspr converters/libiconv x11/gtk+2 x11/gtk+3
B-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext STEM->=2.3:archivers/zip archivers/gtar archivers/unzip archivers/xz devel/autoconf/2.13 devel/gettext-tools devel/gmake devel/yasm lang/python/2.7 lang/rust
R-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext devel/desktop-file-utils
Archs:  amd64 i386

I have (Mac mini 1.25 A1103, 512M) :

restaurador# sysctl hw
hw.machine=macppc
hw.model=7447A (Revision 0x101)
hw.ncpu=1
hw.byteorder=4321
hw.pagesize=4096
hw.disknames=wd0:3968e2440582c192,cd0:
hw.diskcount=2
hw.sensors.maxtmp0.temp0=50.00 degC (Internal)
hw.sensors.maxtmp0.temp1=44.75 degC (External)
hw.cpuspeed=1249
hw.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
hw.product=PowerMac10,1
hw.physmem=536870912
hw.usermem=536858624
hw.ncpufound=1
hw.allowpowerdown=1

I do not know the correct process about it, sorry!!!

Regards
---
Rondan Rino
[Certificado en LPIC-3 ](https://cs.lpi.org/caf/Xamman/certification)
LPI ID:LPI000209832
Verification Code:gbblvwyfxu
[Red Hat Certified Engineer -- RHCE -- RHCVA](https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/certification/verify/?certId=120-175-658)

Phone:+1210 888 0738

Blog:[http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar](http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar/)
Cv:[ http://cv.rinorondan.com.ar](http://www.rinorondan.com.ar/)
[http://counter.li.org](http://counter.li.org/)  Linux User -> #517918
Viva La Santa Federacion!!
Mueran Los Salvages Unitarios!!
^^^Transcripcion de la epoca ^^^

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox-56

Christoph R. Murauer
Hello !

If you like to know which packages are available see

https://ftp2.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.2/packages/powerpc/index.txt

Change the URL to your prefered mirror / platform. The above link
shows the packages of -release.

Mirrors : https://www.openbsd.org/ftp.html

Or, you can also use pkg_info(1) with the -Q switch.

For details about Firefox itself, wait for the answer of the
maintainer (as you sent your message in /cc to him).

Regards,

Christoph

P.S. : Please, see also https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html Netiquette /
Trim your signature thanks.


> Hi!
>
> Im very new in OpenBsd, im trying to migrate all to my powerpc arch
> using Openbsd and when I try to install firefox the port show me that
> is not supported in macppc
>
> Port:   firefox-56.0
> Path:   www/mozilla-firefox
> Info:   Mozilla web browser
> Maint:  Landry Breuil <[hidden email]>
> Index:  www lang/python
> L-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext STEM->=1.6:textproc/hunspell
> STEM->=3.20.1:databases/sqlite3 STEM->=3.33:security/nss
> STEM->=4.17:devel/nspr converters/libiconv x11/gtk+2 x11/gtk+3
> B-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext STEM->=2.3:archivers/zip
> archivers/gtar archivers/unzip archivers/xz devel/autoconf/2.13
> devel/gettext-tools devel/gmake devel/yasm lang/python/2.7 lang/rust
> R-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext devel/desktop-file-utils
> Archs:  amd64 i386
>
> I have (Mac mini 1.25 A1103, 512M) :
>
> restaurador# sysctl hw
> hw.machine=macppc
> hw.model=7447A (Revision 0x101)
> hw.ncpu=1
> hw.byteorder=4321
> hw.pagesize=4096
> hw.disknames=wd0:3968e2440582c192,cd0:
> hw.diskcount=2
> hw.sensors.maxtmp0.temp0=50.00 degC (Internal)
> hw.sensors.maxtmp0.temp1=44.75 degC (External)
> hw.cpuspeed=1249
> hw.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
> hw.product=PowerMac10,1
> hw.physmem=536870912
> hw.usermem=536858624
> hw.ncpufound=1
> hw.allowpowerdown=1
>
> I do not know the correct process about it, sorry!!!
>
> Regards
> ---
> Rondan Rino
> [Certificado en LPIC-3 ](https://cs.lpi.org/caf/Xamman/certification)
> LPI ID:LPI000209832
> Verification Code:gbblvwyfxu
> [Red Hat Certified Engineer -- RHCE --
> RHCVA](https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/certification/verify/?certId=120-175-658)
>
> Phone:+1210 888 0738
>
> Blog:[http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar](http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar/)
> Cv:[ http://cv.rinorondan.com.ar](http://www.rinorondan.com.ar/)
> [http://counter.li.org](http://counter.li.org/)  Linux User -> #517918
> Viva La Santa Federacion!!
> Mueran Los Salvages Unitarios!!
> ^^^Transcripcion de la epoca ^^^
>
> Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based
> in Switzerland.
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox-56

Rino Rondan
Thanks for the info!!

I still testing midori from ports, no binary of any browser, only netsurf but it is so limited edition and it is from October 2017 ...



Regards

​\-\-\-

Rondan Rino

Certificado en LPIC-3 

LPI ID:LPI000209832

Verification Code:gbblvwyfxu

Red Hat Certified Engineer -- RHCE -- RHCVA

Phone: +1210 888 0738

Blog:http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar

Cv: http://cv.rinorondan.com.ar

http://counter.li.org  Linux User -> #517918

Viva La Santa Federacion!!

Mueran Los Salvages Unitarios!!

^^^Transcripcion de la epoca ^^^

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.​

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On March 13, 2018 5:57 PM, Christoph R. Murauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ​​
>
> Hello !
>
> If you like to know which packages are available see
>
> https://ftp2.eu.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.2/packages/powerpc/index.txt
>
> Change the URL to your prefered mirror / platform. The above link
>
> shows the packages of -release.
>
> Mirrors : https://www.openbsd.org/ftp.html
>
> Or, you can also use pkg_info(1) with the -Q switch.
>
> For details about Firefox itself, wait for the answer of the
>
> maintainer (as you sent your message in /cc to him).
>
> Regards,
>
> Christoph
>
> P.S. : Please, see also https://www.openbsd.org/mail.html Netiquette /
>
> Trim your signature thanks.
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Im very new in OpenBsd, im trying to migrate all to my powerpc arch
> >
> > using Openbsd and when I try to install firefox the port show me that
> >
> > is not supported in macppc
> >
> > Port: firefox-56.0
> >
> > Path: www/mozilla-firefox
> >
> > Info: Mozilla web browser
> >
> > Maint: Landry Breuil [hidden email]
> >
> > Index: www lang/python
> >
> > L-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext STEM->=1.6:textproc/hunspell
> >
> > STEM->=3.20.1:databases/sqlite3 STEM->=3.33:security/nss
> >
> > STEM->=4.17:devel/nspr converters/libiconv x11/gtk+2 x11/gtk+3
> >
> > B-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext STEM->=2.3:archivers/zip
> >
> > archivers/gtar archivers/unzip archivers/xz devel/autoconf/2.13
> >
> > devel/gettext-tools devel/gmake devel/yasm lang/python/2.7 lang/rust
> >
> > R-deps: STEM->=0.10.38:devel/gettext devel/desktop-file-utils
> >
> > Archs: amd64 i386
> >
> > I have (Mac mini 1.25 A1103, 512M) :
> >
> > restaurador# sysctl hw
> >
> > hw.machine=macppc
> >
> > hw.model=7447A (Revision 0x101)
> >
> > hw.ncpu=1
> >
> > hw.byteorder=4321
> >
> > hw.pagesize=4096
> >
> > hw.disknames=wd0:3968e2440582c192,cd0:
> >
> > hw.diskcount=2
> >
> > hw.sensors.maxtmp0.temp0=50.00 degC (Internal)
> >
> > hw.sensors.maxtmp0.temp1=44.75 degC (External)
> >
> > hw.cpuspeed=1249
> >
> > hw.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
> >
> > hw.product=PowerMac10,1
> >
> > hw.physmem=536870912
> >
> > hw.usermem=536858624
> >
> > hw.ncpufound=1
> >
> > hw.allowpowerdown=1
> >
> > I do not know the correct process about it, sorry!!!
> >
> > Regards
> > -------
> >
> > Rondan Rino
> >
> > Certificado en LPIC-3
> >
> > LPI ID:LPI000209832
> >
> > Verification Code:gbblvwyfxu
> >
> > Red Hat Certified Engineer -- RHCE --RHCVA
> >
> > Phone:+1210 888 0738
> >
> > Blog:http://www.itrestauracion.com.ar
> >
> > Cv:  http://cv.rinorondan.com.ar
> >
> > http://counter.li.org Linux User -> #517918
> >
> > Viva La Santa Federacion!!
> >
> > Mueran Los Salvages Unitarios!!
> >
> > ^^^Transcripcion de la epoca ^^^
> >
> > Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based
> >
> > in Switzerland.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox-56

Christoph R. Murauer
Hello !

> Thanks for the info!!

You are welcome.

> I still testing midori from ports, no binary of any browser, only
> netsurf but it is so limited edition and it is from October 2017 ...

As you are told in your first E - Mail, you are very new to OpenBSD.
No problem. If you read my answer again, you will see, that I point
you in my answer at the P. S. to a link. You should follow the link
and, read the site ... also the FAQ. If you check the mailing list
archive, you will see, that ppc@ is a very low traffic list. So, it
helps you and saves your time to read the project website - people
wrote it to help people.

Check http://openports.se/www to see available ports (which are
packages) and, compare it with the index.txt from my last E - Mail -
there are packages of browsers. For example lynx, links+, qutebrowser
and so on. Depends what you are looking for.

Yes, packages from -release are from October 2017 as -release was
published at October 2017. You could also try -current but, keep in
mind that between a -current base system and the ports is a delay of
round 17 days (build needs so long). Means in short, if you try a
-current from today, the existing packages could work but must not. As
-current is the developer version, build packages from ports is the
prefered way.

Regards,

Christoph




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox-56

Rino Rondan
Hi! Thanks for your  patience !! I will take more time an read more carefully !! In really enjoying a lot using openbsd , it is so different  in a lot of aspect from gnu/linux from I come.

Regards,

Rino

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Firefox-56

Christoph R. Murauer
No problem - it wasn't meaned bad. The difference to Linux is, that
OpenBSD has a extreme good documentation. And, many questions are
already answered after reading the FAQ's / manual pages and so on.
Which saves you much time.

Regards,

Christoph


> Hi! Thanks for your  patience !! I will take more time an read more
> carefully !! In really enjoying a lot using openbsd , it is so
> different  in a lot of aspect from gnu/linux from I come.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rino
>
>