Firefox 42.0 cookie exception preference behavior change

Firefox 42.0 cookie exception preference behavior change

patrick keshishian
Hi,

Just updated FF from 40 to 42 and first thing I noticed, as I try
to browse a www.postgresql.org link from a google search result,
is that I'm presented with a "wants to set a cookie Allow/Disallow"
dialog. I find this odd, as was sure I had "postgresql.org" domain in
the exception list for allowing cookies.

I look in Privacy->Accept cookies from sites->Exceptions ... setting
and notice that the list has changed format.

Previously, at least up until FF 40, list was of domains, now it is of
URLs. When previously "postgresql.org" was listed, and all its sub-
domains (e.g., www.postgresql.org) were allowed cookie ops, now
list shows http://postgresql.org, which is what I think is disabling
any sub-domains the same privilege they were afforded before.

Anyone else notice this issue? or rather more importantly:
Anyone know how to revert this behavior?

Just to explain my use-case of cookies is as such. Sites I want
to allow cookie-ops, I place their domain in the exception list and
(as mentioned) their sub-domains would be allowed same ops.

This kept the exception list short and manageable.

--patrick

Re: Firefox 42.0 cookie exception preference behavior change

Theo de Raadt
SERIOUSLY??

Please allow everyone here to keep their focus on the right stuff.  If
you turn the forums you frequent into your help desk, you are taking
away their ability to focus on delivering you the software you use.