Firefly-RK3399 firmware

Mark Kettenis
I managed to build a disk image that can be used to boot bsd.rd on a
Firefly-RK3399 with the original firmware on the eMMC:

  https://sibelius.home.xs4all.nl/firmware/rk3399-firefly/rk3399-firefly.fs

Simply write this image to a uSD card and put it in the uSD slot.  The
board should boot straight into the OpenBSD installer.  Note that the
board/firmware uses a non-standard serial speed of 1500000.  I The
image can be used to wipe the onboard eMMC such that the board boots
directly from uSD.  For now I don't recommend this.  It's probably
best to install on a USB disk.  You can then use "run boot_usb0" to
boot into your install.

After installing startup messages will probably not show up on your
console.  After a little while the login prompt should show up though.
You'll need to run:

  # pkg_add dtb
  # mount /dev/sdXi /mnt
  # mkdir /mnt/rockchip
  # cp /usr/local/share/dtb/arm/rockchip/rk3399-firefly.dtb /mnt/rockchip/
  # umount /mnt
  # reboot

This will make sure the right console speed will be used during
startup.

This image is build using closed-source components from Rockchip that
can be found at

  https://github.com/rockchip-linux/rkbin

and a fairly recent u-boot master.  A fully open-source firmware for
the board that can be installed after wiping the eMMC will be provided
later.

Enjoy,

Mark

MACCHIATObin status?

Diana Eichert
I can't remember where I saw the reference to MACCHIATObin but I thought
there was work to bring OpenBSD up on the board.

thanks
diana

Re: MACCHIATObin status?

Karel Gardas

Mark Kettenis seems to be working on that and his first report is here
http://openbsd-archive.7691.n7.nabble.com/Marvell-ARMADA-7K-8K-and-MACCHIATObin-support-td339806.html

IIRC there was also second one, but I'm not sure if this was on tech or even in just cvs logs...