FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Jan Klemkow
Hi,

I implemented a utility to set the LED color of Logitech mouse devices
on OpenBSD.  Some people might also use this mouse and would like to
change the LED color.

If you are interested just try it: https://github.com/younix/g403led

I just tested it with the "G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse" model.  If it also
work for other models, let me know.

Any feedback is welcome.

bye,
Jan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Flipchan
Nice

On January 12, 2018 2:42:06 AM GMT+01:00, Jan Klemkow <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I implemented a utility to set the LED color of Logitech mouse devices
>on OpenBSD.  Some people might also use this mouse and would like to
>change the LED color.
>
>If you are interested just try it: https://github.com/younix/g403led
>
>I just tested it with the "G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse" model.  If it
>also
>work for other models, let me know.
>
>Any feedback is welcome.
>
>bye,
>Jan

--
Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Daniel Gracia-2
Nice to hack a script and warn whenever mail is coming and screen is blank.
Thanks!

2018-01-12 13:08 GMT+01:00 flipchan <[hidden email]>:

> Nice
>
> On January 12, 2018 2:42:06 AM GMT+01:00, Jan Klemkow <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I implemented a utility to set the LED color of Logitech mouse devices
> >on OpenBSD.  Some people might also use this mouse and would like to
> >change the LED color.
> >
> >If you are interested just try it: https://github.com/younix/g403led
> >
> >I just tested it with the "G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse" model.  If it
> >also
> >work for other models, let me know.
> >
> >Any feedback is welcome.
> >
> >bye,
> >Jan
>
> --
> Take Care Sincerely flipchan layerprox dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
In reply to this post by Jan Klemkow
On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 02:42:06AM +0100, Jan Klemkow wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I implemented a utility to set the LED color of Logitech mouse devices
> on OpenBSD.  Some people might also use this mouse and would like to
> change the LED color.
>
> If you are interested just try it: https://github.com/younix/g403led
>
> I just tested it with the "G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse" model.  If it also
> work for other models, let me know.
>
> Any feedback is welcome.

Make a port! :)


--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Jan Klemkow
On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 04:48:10AM +0100, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 02:42:06AM +0100, Jan Klemkow wrote:
> > I implemented a utility to set the LED color of Logitech mouse devices
> > on OpenBSD.  Some people might also use this mouse and would like to
> > change the LED color.
> >
> > If you are interested just try it: https://github.com/younix/g403led
> >
> > I just tested it with the "G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse" model.  If it also
> > work for other models, let me know.
> >
> > Any feedback is welcome.
>
> Make a port! :)
I think it isn't worth is now.  Maybe if some other logitech mouse
models are also working with the same tool?!  But, one port for one
device seams to be to noisy for the ports tree.

When someone here has a similar logitech mouse, please send me a dmesg
and a message if it's working or not.

Thanks!

signature.asc (499 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FYI: logitech mouse LED color tool

Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 12:16:46PM +0100, Jan Klemkow wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 04:48:10AM +0100, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 02:42:06AM +0100, Jan Klemkow wrote:
> > > I implemented a utility to set the LED color of Logitech mouse devices
> > > on OpenBSD.  Some people might also use this mouse and would like to
> > > change the LED color.
> > >
> > > If you are interested just try it: https://github.com/younix/g403led
> > >
> > > I just tested it with the "G403 Prodigy Gaming Mouse" model.  If it also
> > > work for other models, let me know.
> > >
> > > Any feedback is welcome.
> >
> > Make a port! :)
>
> I think it isn't worth is now.  Maybe if some other logitech mouse
> models are also working with the same tool?!  But, one port for one
> device seams to be to noisy for the ports tree.
>
> When someone here has a similar logitech mouse, please send me a dmesg
> and a message if it's working or not.
>
> Thanks!

Even if the tool only supports one model, it's a good example for
people porting similar tools from Linux.


--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info