FTP transfer failing

Sebestyen Szabolcs
 I recently changed from openbsd 3.8 to 3.9 and i have the same problem, when i want to transfer a file via ftp,  sometimes i have to try 4-5 times until success.
I checked the firewall log, and other logs but nothing there, i tried both active and passive mode but with the same result, i even stop the firewall.
The ftp clients i used is FileZilla or Total Commander.

I do not have problem with small files (400-500 Kb) but with 3M  -- 400M files
after a while the transfer speed drops suddenly and after 1 minute it says
transfer failed. I read that other people had the same problem but i did not find any solution.

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls.  Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

Re: FTP transfer failing

Daniel Hartmeier
On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 11:16:25AM -0700, Sebestyen Szabolcs wrote:

> I do not have problem with small files (400-500 Kb) but with 3M  -- 400M files
> after a while the transfer speed drops suddenly and after 1 minute it says
> transfer failed. I read that other people had the same problem but i did not find any solution.

Not much to work with, but a shot in the dark would be to disable TCP
window scaling on the FTP client with

  # sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0

If the problem then goes away, it might be this:

Daniel