FAQ Part 1 typos

Nick Permyakov
Hi,

Some typos on http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq1.html

Section "1.2 - On what systems does OpenBSD run?".
"...has helped produced a higher-quality code base..." should read
"helped produce" (or maybe "helped to produce").

Section "1.8 - What is included with OpenBSD?".
"Note: this will be removed for 5.6 in farvor of NSD and Unbound" should
read "in favor" (or did you mean "will be removed, in fervor, with NSD
and Unbound"? ;)).
And, by the way, isn't it the version 5.6 FAQ? Is BIND removed or not?

Section "1.11 - Why is/isn't ProductX included?".
"...project wishes to devote the resources needed to maintaining it..."
should read "needed to maintain it" (or maybe "needed for maintaining
it", but it sounds weird).
"Impact on slower platforms, such as hp300 or VAX would be unacceptable"
- I think it needs a comma after "VAX".

Best regards,
Nick Permyakov

Re: FAQ Part 1 typos

Adam Van Ymeren
On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Nick Permyakov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some typos on http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq1.html
>
> Section "1.2 - On what systems does OpenBSD run?".
> "...has helped produced a higher-quality code base..." should read "helped produce" (or maybe "helped to produce").
>
> Section "1.8 - What is included with OpenBSD?".
> "Note: this will be removed for 5.6 in farvor of NSD and Unbound" should read "in favor" (or did you mean "will be removed, in fervor, with NSD and Unbound"? ;)).
> And, by the way, isn't it the version 5.6 FAQ? Is BIND removed or not

Should really be "favour"

> Section "1.11 - Why is/isn't ProductX included?".
> "...project wishes to devote the resources needed to maintaining it..." should read "needed to maintain it" (or maybe "needed for maintaining it", but it sounds weird).
> "Impact on slower platforms, such as hp300 or VAX would be unacceptable" - I think it needs a comma after "VAX".
>
> Best regards,
> Nick Permyakov

Re: FAQ Part 1 typos

Nick Holland
On 11/06/14 09:35, Nick Permyakov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Some typos on http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq1.html
>
> Section "1.2 - On what systems does OpenBSD run?".
> "...has helped produced a higher-quality code base..." should read
> "helped produce" (or maybe "helped to produce").
>
> Section "1.8 - What is included with OpenBSD?".
> "Note: this will be removed for 5.6 in farvor of NSD and Unbound" should
> read "in favor" (or did you mean "will be removed, in fervor, with NSD
> and Unbound"? ;)).
> And, by the way, isn't it the version 5.6 FAQ? Is BIND removed or not?
>
> Section "1.11 - Why is/isn't ProductX included?".
> "...project wishes to devote the resources needed to maintaining it..."
> should read "needed to maintain it" (or maybe "needed for maintaining
> it", but it sounds weird).
> "Impact on slower platforms, such as hp300 or VAX would be unacceptable"
> - I think it needs a comma after "VAX".
>
> Best regards,
> Nick Permyakov

fixed, but please keep www/ issues off tech@