Expat

N J-2
Hi everyone I have massive problems with expat apparently its as
simple as extracting xbase. No go here. Still have problems compiling.
Whats most frustrating is that it apparently finds it and still fails
:'(

# make
===>  Verifying specs:  expat expat
===>  found expat.8.0
===>  Checking files for p5-XML-Parser-2.34p0
`/usr/ports/distfiles/XML-Parser-2.34.tar.gz' is up to date.
>> (SHA256) XML-Parser-2.34.tar.gz: OK
===>  Extracting for p5-XML-Parser-2.34p0
===>  Patching for p5-XML-Parser-2.34p0
===>  Configuring for p5-XML-Parser-2.34p0
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lexpat

Expat must be installed prior to building XML::Parser and I can't find
it in the standard library directories. You can download expat from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/expat/

If expat is installed, but in a non-standard directory, then use the
following options to Makefile.PL:

    EXPATLIBPATH=...  To set the directory in which to find libexpat

    EXPATINCPATH=...  To set the directory in which to find expat.h

For example:

    perl Makefile.PL EXPATLIBPATH=/home/me/lib EXPATINCPATH=/home/me/include

Note that if you build against a shareable library in a non-standard location
you may (on some platforms) also have to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable at run time for perl to find the library.

*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/p5-XML-Parser (line 2067 of
/usr/ports/infrastructure/mk/bsd.port.mk).

Re: Expat

N J-2
Sorry to everyone. I really did search and search and search. Used
google search of the openbsd site and tried to use lists.openbsd.org
to search the lists. Also didn't know about the FAQ current... new
user... if you didn't already guess :P

Thanks again