Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

techay
This month marks 6 months since 6.1 released, and I have a sneaky feeling 6.2 could be coming out any day now.. well, I hope so.

Looking forward to this!

Re: Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

George
I think you should wait at least a couple of days.

https://www.openbsd.org/62.html

On 10/06/2017 06:12 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> This month marks 6 months since 6.1 released, and I have a sneaky feeling 6.2 could be coming out any day now.. well, I hope so.
>
> Looking forward to this!

Re: Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

techay
Thanks for the link, looks like my suspicions were right.  Good stuff.

Rui Ribeiro
Hi, I have not been able to use the installation image in USB to install it
"6.2", is it working again?

On 6 October 2017 at 16:25, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks for the link, looks like my suspicions were right.  Good stuff.

Rui Ribeiro
Senior Linux Architect and Network Administrator
ISCTE-IUL
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rui-ribeiro/16/ab8/434

Re: Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

Rui Ribeiro
Sorry, have not been able to use the installation image in the last few
days. The 6.2 directory started popping last week without it existing, and
even 2-3 days ago the installation was not working yet even trying to point
to the new directory.

ISCTE-IUL
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rui-ribeiro/16/ab8/434

Re: Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

George
6.2 havent been released yet. I guess you can install current if you
wish from snapshots. But if you wish to run stable just wait.

On 10/06/2017 06:34 PM, Rui Ribeiro wrote:

> Sorry, have not been able to use the installation image in the last few
> days. The 6.2 directory started popping last week without it existing,
> and even 2-3 days ago the installation was not working yet even trying
> to point to the new directory.
>
> On 6 October 2017 at 16:33, Rui Ribeiro <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, I have not been able to use the installation image in USB to
>     install it "6.2", is it working again?
>
>     On 6 October 2017 at 16:25, [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]> <[hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Thanks for the link, looks like my suspicions were right.  Good
>         stuff.

Todd C. Miller
On Fri, 06 Oct 2017 16:34:24 +0100, Rui Ribeiro wrote:

> Sorry, have not been able to use the installation image in the last few
> days. The 6.2 directory started popping last week without it existing, and
> even 2-3 days ago the installation was not working yet even trying to point
> to the new directory.

The 6.2 directory will only contain packages for now.  Packages are
the largest part of the release and they get distributed first so
the mirrors have extra time to fetch them.

 - todd

On 2017-10-06, Rui Ribeiro <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry, have not been able to use the installation image in the last few
> days.

While the snapshot kernels report a "6.2" version number, they will
default to fetching from pub/OpenBSD/6.2. When they switch to "6.2-current"
they will go back to using the snapshots directory by default.

You can override this in the installer by typing the full path to the
snapshots/$ARCH directory, and in pkg_add by either setting PKG_PATH to
the full path (snapshots/packages/$ARCH), or by using -Dsnap.

Re: Excited for 6.2 - C'mon and release this bad boy!

x9p-2
> This month marks 6 months since 6.1 released, and I have a sneaky feeling
> 6.2 could be coming out any day now.. well, I hope so.
>
> Looking forward to this!

the "vmm(4)/ vmd(8) improvements" part looks really nice. in particular
the memory snapshotting.