European orders

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
166 messages Options
1234 ... 9
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

European orders

Theo de Raadt
From a commit message an hour or so ago:

Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
to resolve it have made very little progress.

Sorry guys.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Jesus Sanchez
Theo de Raadt escribis:

> >From a commit message an hour or so ago:
>
> Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
> in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
> to resolve it have made very little progress.
>
> Sorry guys.
>
>
>  
what? problems with payments?, this is related with Wim from kd85?...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Theo de Raadt
> Theo de Raadt escribis:
> > >From a commit message an hour or so ago:
> >
> > Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
> > in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
> > to resolve it have made very little progress.
> >
> > Sorry guys.
> >
> >
> >  
> what? problems with payments?

Yes.

> this is related with Wim from kd85?...

Yes.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Floor Terra
In reply to this post by Theo de Raadt
I'm sorry to hear this.

Do you have any advice for those who allready ordered? Or should we contact
the distributor?

Floor

On Mar 24, 2009 11:57 PM, "Theo de Raadt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

From a commit message an hour or so ago:

Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
to resolve it have made very little progress.

Sorry guys.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

frantisek holop
In reply to this post by Theo de Raadt
hmm, on Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:52:04PM -0600, Theo de Raadt said that
> >From a commit message an hour or so ago:
>
> Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
> in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
> to resolve it have made very little progress.
>
> Sorry guys.

i guess this also means that you dont know about
a replacement company that would take up the gauntlet..

how much is shipping from canada/us to europe?

i guess in big cities where there are many openbsd people,
one order is feasable with multiple cd's...

but it really seems like we europians just dont have luck
with openbsd..  first the fact that we payed way more for
a cd set than people paying in USD or CAD---and let me add
in the same sentence that i did not mind giving that money
to the project---only now it turns out that the money did
not get to the project...

and now this.

well, it's paypal and download from now on...

-f

ps.  and Wim seemed such a nice guy :]
--
small world, but i wouldn't want to paint it.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Theo de Raadt
In reply to this post by Floor Terra
> I'm sorry to hear this.

Yeah, and I'm sorry I had to announce it.

> Do you have any advice for those who allready ordered? Or should we contact
> the distributor?

Sorry, but I don't know that yet.  We'll see, I suppose.




> On Mar 24, 2009 11:57 PM, "Theo de Raadt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >From a commit message an hour or so ago:
>
> Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
> in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
> to resolve it have made very little progress.
>
> Sorry guys.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Theo de Raadt
In reply to this post by frantisek holop
> i guess this also means that you dont know about
> a replacement company that would take up the gauntlet..

Maybe one will show up.  Vacuums tend to do that.

> how much is shipping from canada/us to europe?

Certainly more.

> i guess in big cities where there are many openbsd people,
> one order is feasable with multiple cd's...
>
> but it really seems like we europians just dont have luck
> with openbsd..  first the fact that we payed way more for
> a cd set than people paying in USD or CAD---and let me add
> in the same sentence that i did not mind giving that money
> to the project---only now it turns out that the money did
> not get to the project...

Yes, it was very unfair.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Jesus Sanchez
In reply to this post by frantisek holop
frantisek holop escribis:

> hmm, on Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:52:04PM -0600, Theo de Raadt said that
>  
>> >From a commit message an hour or so ago:
>>
>> Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
>> in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
>> to resolve it have made very little progress.
>>
>> Sorry guys.
>>    
>
> i guess this also means that you dont know about
> a replacement company that would take up the gauntlet..
>
> how much is shipping from canada/us to europe?
>
> i guess in big cities where there are many openbsd people,
> one order is feasable with multiple cd's...
>
> but it really seems like we europians just dont have luck
> with openbsd..  first the fact that we payed way more for
> a cd set than people paying in USD or CAD---and let me add
> in the same sentence that i did not mind giving that money
> to the project---only now it turns out that the money did
> not get to the project...
>
> and now this.
>
> well, it's paypal and download from now on...
>
> -f
>
> ps.  and Wim seemed such a nice guy :]
>  
+1, this is so sad.... I hope this vacuum were filled for
4.5 launch, it have lot's of great things, and the art just
rules :D

It's still so hard to believe this, Wim seemed to
do things just right (at least with me). sad, very sad to hear
this.

Cheers OpenBSD team!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Floor Terra
In reply to this post by Theo de Raadt
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>> Do you have any advice for those who allready ordered? Or should we
contact
>> the distributor?
>
> Sorry, but I don't know that yet. B We'll see, I suppose.
>

Wim called me 20 minutes ago and explained the situation to me.
If you have any questions just mail him or give him a call.

--
Floor Terra <[hidden email]>
www: http://brobding.mine.nu/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Adriaan Misc
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 1:16 AM, Floor Terra <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>> Do you have any advice for those who allready ordered? Or should we
> contact
>>> the distributor?
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't know that yet. B We'll see, I suppose.
>>
>
> Wim called me 20 minutes ago and explained the situation to me.
> If you have any questions just mail him or give him a call.
>

Why doesn''t Wim explain the situation here. Less work isn't it. ;)

=Adriaan= European shipping slave (together with Felix@) of OBSD 4.0

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Floor Terra
> Why doesn''t Wim explain the situation here. Less work isn't it. ;)

I don't know. And I don't want to get involved.
I'm concerned about Theo, Wim, the project and anybody else who is
involved and don't want to make this any worse by spreading unverified
statements from anyone.

I hope you understand.

Floor

>
> =Adriaan= European shipping slave (together with Felix@) of OBSD 4.0
>



--
Floor Terra <[hidden email]>
www: http://brobding.mine.nu/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Pete Vickers-2
In reply to this post by Floor Terra
A public statement from him (Wim) would be appropriate now I believe.  
Especially informing all of us who have pre-ordered the latest release  
via him what will happen with our orders, and importantly when he will  
forward the proceeds to Theo et al.


/Pete


On 25 Mar 2009, at 01:16, Floor Terra wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]
> >
> wrote:
>>> Do you have any advice for those who allready ordered? Or should we
> contact
>>> the distributor?
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't know that yet. B We'll see, I suppose.
>>
>
> Wim called me 20 minutes ago and explained the situation to me.
> If you have any questions just mail him or give him a call.
>
> --
> Floor Terra <[hidden email]>
> www: http://brobding.mine.nu/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Alf Schlichting
In reply to this post by Theo de Raadt
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 04:52:04PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> From a commit message an hour or so ago:
>
> Disable future European orders since the distributor is way too far behind
> in reconciling payments to the project for past sales, and years of trying
> to resolve it have made very little progress.
>
> Sorry guys.
>
Hmm, I used to order my sets from http://www.ixsoft.de. Is this the
same channel for europe?
CD:
http://www.ixsoft.de/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?ref=Products/de/OOOB0450DV.html

On a side note, I see a OpenBSD 4.5 DVD there, is it authorized?
http://www.ixsoft.de/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi?ref=Products/de/IXOB0450DV.html

Alf

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Alexander Hall
In reply to this post by Theo de Raadt
Theo de Raadt wrote:

>> i guess this also means that you dont know about
>> a replacement company that would take up the gauntlet..
>
> Maybe one will show up.  Vacuums tend to do that.
>
>> how much is shipping from canada/us to europe?
>
> Certainly more.
>
>> i guess in big cities where there are many openbsd people,
>> one order is feasable with multiple cd's...
>>
>> but it really seems like we europians just dont have luck
>> with openbsd..  first the fact that we payed way more for
>> a cd set than people paying in USD or CAD---and let me add
>> in the same sentence that i did not mind giving that money
>> to the project---only now it turns out that the money did
>> not get to the project...
>
> Yes, it was very unfair.

Just checking - donations made via the european site (whether while
ordering stuff or not) have always reached OpenBSD "directly", right?

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Rene Maroufi-3
In reply to this post by Theo de Raadt
Sorry, I want CC the list, but forgot it. I send this mail to Theo de
Raadt:

----- Forwarded message from Rene Maroufi <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:09:49 +0100
From: Rene Maroufi <[hidden email]>
To: Theo de Raadt <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: European orders
In-Reply-To: <[hidden email]>
User-Agent: Mutt/1.4.2.3i
X-Operating-System: OpenBSD

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 05:37:42PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> > i guess this also means that you dont know about
> > a replacement company that would take up the gauntlet..
>
> Maybe one will show up.  Vacuums tend to do that.

I can do this for germany (and maybe austria). I'm a selfemployed Linux-
and OpenBSD-trainer and offer Linux- and OpenBSD service for small
companys. I can do the shipping for germany.

Cheers
Reni
--
Reni Maroufi
http://www.maruweb.de

----- End forwarded message -----

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

frantisek holop
In reply to this post by Floor Terra
hmm, on Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 03:41:04AM +0100, Floor Terra said that
> > Why doesn''t Wim explain the situation here. Less work isn't it. ;)
>
> I don't know. And I don't want to get involved.
> I'm concerned about Theo, Wim, the project and anybody else who is
> involved and don't want to make this any worse by spreading unverified
> statements from anyone.
>
> I hope you understand.

Theo has made some serious allegations and i hope he has evidence
to back it up.

-f
--
sylvester stallone answering machine:  yo!  you!  message!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Ross Cameron-2
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM, frantisek holop <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Theo has made some serious allegations and i hope he has evidence
> to back it up.
>

Theo may be many things,... but a liar I have never found him to be.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Marco Peereboom
In reply to this post by frantisek holop
Why would you doubt what was said?

Don't you think theo has the best interest of the project as his first
priority?

This note is extremely uncalled for.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 03:51:59PM +0100, frantisek holop wrote:

> hmm, on Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 03:41:04AM +0100, Floor Terra said that
> > > Why doesn''t Wim explain the situation here. Less work isn't it. ;)
> >
> > I don't know. And I don't want to get involved.
> > I'm concerned about Theo, Wim, the project and anybody else who is
> > involved and don't want to make this any worse by spreading unverified
> > statements from anyone.
> >
> > I hope you understand.
>
> Theo has made some serious allegations and i hope he has evidence
> to back it up.
>
> -f
> --
> sylvester stallone answering machine:  yo!  you!  message!

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

Floor Terra
In reply to this post by Ross Cameron-2
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Ross Cameron <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:51 PM, frantisek holop <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Theo has made some serious allegations and i hope he has evidence
>> to back it up.
>
> Theo may be many things,... but a liar I have never found him to be.
>

Please, statements like these can only create a bigger conflict.

--
Floor Terra <[hidden email]>
www: http://brobding.mine.nu/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: European orders

frantisek holop
In reply to this post by Marco Peereboom
hmm, on Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:40:13AM -0500, Marco Peereboom said that

> Don't you think theo has the best interest of the project as his first
> priority?

best interest: yes.
best attitude and people skills: i am not so sure...

all i am saying is that the other side still hasn't spoken up.

i am sure it's more than easy to go through the papers
and show where my money went and see who is right.

that is all i am asking.  more transparency in this open project.

-f
--
artificial intelligence: the other guy's opinion.

1234 ... 9