Error after doing "saveenv" in OpenBSD 6.3-current (U-BOOT)

Error after doing "saveenv" in OpenBSD 6.3-current (U-BOOT)

neerajpal
Hello guys,

I am on a RPI3 B with a 4GB HP [pendrive] and a 16GB micro sdhc.
Installing OpenBSD 6.3-current via miniroot (snapshots) works like a
charm and then if I interrupt u-boot to setenv boot_targets usb0 mmc0
pxe dhcp and then save env variables via "saveenv", then it just
repeats the error "fsm 1, hsts 00000001" endless loop until I pull the
plug out. If I try to boot without saveenv then it boots into the
ramdisk again.

Thank you,
Neeraj Pal

Re: Error after doing "saveenv" in OpenBSD 6.3-current (U-BOOT)

Artturi Alm
On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 12:14:30AM +0530, Neeraj Pal wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I am on a RPI3 B with a 4GB HP [pendrive] and a 16GB micro sdhc.
> Installing OpenBSD 6.3-current via miniroot (snapshots) works like a
> charm and then if I interrupt u-boot to setenv boot_targets usb0 mmc0
> pxe dhcp and then save env variables via "saveenv", then it just
> repeats the error "fsm 1, hsts 00000001" endless loop until I pull the
> plug out. If I try to boot without saveenv then it boots into the
> ramdisk again.
>

> Thank you,
> Neeraj Pal

Hi,

you're not alone with the issue, i think you can workaround for now by
writing "m e" in the (first) openbsd efi payload between u-boot and
the kernel, to bypass mmc0 as boot target, it should fallback to usb0,
and run second efi payload from there.

Google and "fsm 1, hsts.." does point towards the u-boot build used for
-current being broken for it, i'm not really familiar with RPI bootstrap.

I'd guess it has been fixed already upstream, as the u-boot 'bug report'
i ran into was from march.

-Artturi

Re: Error after doing "saveenv" in OpenBSD 6.3-current (U-BOOT)

Tuyosi Takesima
hi
you need not do ' setenv ..... ' .
the arm install process is the same as i386 or amd64 .
-----
 http://openbsd-akita.blogspot.jp/2017/03/openbsd-61-on-raspberry-pi-3.html